[Ritual 3.13] TotemPuller's Ice Trap Saboteur - Ultimate Boss Killer - The Feared 6-man solo carry

This is a simple guide only highlighting key details of the build. You can easily clear every content and kill every boss in the game solo with 1/10th of the damage of my current build.

Watch the videos, follow similar gear setup and gem links and you should be fine. If you have any questions about the build or need help with The Feared, you can ask here or send me a message on TFT Discord.

// Links //

poe.ninja
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Ice-Trap&sort=dps

PoB
https://pastebin.com/gPQA3v4w

Pros
-Ultimate Boss Killer
-Can do any content in the game with relatively small investment
-Never have to look at the map mods. Just alchNgo.

Cons
-Not the fastest mapping build
-Trap playstyle is not for everyone
-Can be difficult to deal damage to constantly moving targets

// Key Points //

1. Divergent Beserk + Enhance combo makes this build possible and is a must. This setup gives us 19% less damage reduction and 44% more spell damage.

2. Drop quicksilver flask and use Anomalous Dash + Anomalous Second Wind Support combo and Divergent Beserk (30% more movement speed).

3. For smoother gameplay, aim for 60-70% or more trap throwing speed.

What to prioritize:

Spoiler
Overall
1. cold resist penetration (it's never enough)
2. critical strike multiplier (it's never enough)
3. life (aim for at least 200k-300k eHP)
4. jewels (spend some time searching and crafting for the right ones)
5. dodge and block (if you can, try to get some on gear)

Wand
1. +1 to all cold spell or all spell
2. at least T2 spell damage
3. critical strike multiplier
4. critical strike chance

Shield
1. +1 to all cold spell
2. life
3. spell damage

Chest
1. Tinkerskin. No other chest will be considered.
2. +2 trap corruption or better

Helm
1. Ice Trap -10% cold pen enchant is a must
2. -9% or (-12% elevated) cold resist suffix
3. life
4. resist

Gloves
1. life
2. resist

Boots
1. elemental resist pen enchant
2. 30%+ movement speed
3. life
4. spell dodge

Belt
1. flat life
2. %life
3. resist

Amulet
1. +1 all cold skill gems
2. T1 cold pen prefix
3. life
4. critical strike multiplier

Ring
1. life
2. resist
3. mana regen (can help Divergent Beserk last longer)

// Current Min-Maxed Gear //

// Current Jewels //

// Gem Links //

Wand with Trigger a Socketed Spell When You Use a Skill

Shield

Chest

Helm

Gloves

Boots

Belt

// Old Budget Gear //

Spoiler

// Old Budget Jewels //

Spoiler

// Gem Links w Old Budget Gear//

Spoiler
Wand with Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill

Shield

Chest

Helm

Gloves

Boots
Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 8, 2024, 10:33:17 PM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2021, 6:42:13 PM
Place Holder
Hello.
How much this build and how to start the assembly with a small amount of currency?
"
111Raven111 wrote:
Hello.
How much this build and how to start the assembly with a small amount of currency?

It can be done on a tight budget and still clear all contents in the game solo.
I did a quick respec to this build on my 96 shadow a few hours early and I have to say I'm quite impressed with the damage.

I'm still missing a lot of stuff (including the berserk setup and proper flasks) since I only wanted to see how the trap part plays and feels. My current investment is about ~20ex and that's already enough to clear stuff like "The Hidden".

The minimum budget is non-existent since there are no required items except maybe the Tinkerskin for the sustain but even a 6l one only costs 40c atm.
Nice build. I league started ice trap in ssf and went low life because I found a prism guardian and shav's (and linked it) before I found a tinkerskin. Now I'm considering going back. The benefits of low life on sab don't seem worth it, though I also haven't sorted out my defenses yet.
Your thoughts on Chain reaction vs Explosives expert? You are getting chilling and freezing, you could get fire dmg on abyss jewel.
Any chance you could post video of typical map clear? Random t16 like Burials for example with 4 sextants.
I rerolled into this build and I love it, the only thing im wondering about is the Cinderswallow Flask. Does it even do anything since im not Killing myself and burning from what I can see. Am I missing something or could i replace it with a Normal Diamond Flask ?
"
Kinteshi wrote:
I rerolled into this build and I love it, the only thing im wondering about is the Cinderswallow Flask. Does it even do anything since im not Killing myself and burning from what I can see. Am I missing something or could i replace it with a Normal Diamond Flask ?

Cinderswallow is just for onslaught and increased critical strike chance. You can replace it with a normal onslaught flask but not a diamond flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info