[Archived] Archmage Hexblast | 4M+ Ignite DPS | Budget Options League Start to Endgame

"
DoctorKnotty wrote:
I'll try it, but reading general's cry... The minions use Vigilant Strike and get Fortify. I don't know what the Vigil jewel used to look like, but I'm assuming it was the key to the minions sharing Fortify with the player.

So if you have to self cast Vigilant Strike to get fortify, General's cry shouldn't be on it anymore unless I'm not following how it works.

PS... Just realized I replied to your original thread thinking I was replying to the OP. My bad.

How it used to work was your minions cast / use Vigilant Strike and due to you wearing The Vigil it fortified both them and you.

This interaction was gutted in the patch so now you do faster attacks, ancestral call, vigilant strike and replace the jewel with mana and life. Ideally you get a divergent ancestral call for the strike range.
"
rozakk wrote:

figured i'd link my setup. its smooth sailing for all bosskilling, everything now is cleared for me except the feared, but i am confident i could pull that off. Have been farming uber elder lately and between the agnostic and being nearly block capped, and also being very mobile, it ends up turning an unforgiving fight into something very forgiving. i just cant be arsed to go thru putting a video on youtube , but i wish i did because i had some hilarious segments of the fights including taking like 6 shaper balls in the face and managing to block every one lol. you cant sit in the beam but at the same time you live long enough to get out of it pretty reliably.

Thanks for the build, the damage is great and has a much better survivability than the original :) Not so expensive as well
Do you use Cyclone for boss fights only? And i guess enduring cry is for Ultimatums
Hello! Thanks for the build. This is a perfect guide for coming back after few years. But still I got a question:
Do you have any tips, how I can improve? I am kinda dying a lot but I dont get why.
"
Refia916 wrote:
Hello! Thanks for the build. This is a perfect guide for coming back after few years. But still I got a question:
Do you have any tips, how I can improve? I am kinda dying a lot but I dont get why.

I looked at your character, couple of things:

One you're still trying to use The Vigil with General's Cry - This interaction is gone and if you want fortify you must use it yourself. Just swap the vigil for a life and mana jewel and do something like vigilant strike, faster attacks, ancestral call.

Two you should get the mana regen enchant on your Omeyocans.

Three your scepter sucks, get one with 140 or more mana and damage over time - the malevolence aura effect is nice but not better than more flat mana.

Four your anomalous flamma and arcane cloak are meant to be in a 3 link with an enhance.

Five your gear has very little life and you should annoint your amulet - Disciple of the Unyielding for tankyness OR Growth and Decay for damage.

Six you should not waste skill points on the dex nodes to get blind to 20, respec that.

Seven your Wave of Conviction is absolutely bricking your damage by dealing fire damage while you're an EE character - you shouldn't deal fire damage on hit ever.

Other than that simply be mindful of your Arcane Cloak uptime. If you want to see what kind of gear you should get and what links go look at my character. You also should get an -of Warding flask. Make sure you're using the Brine King pantheon.
Last edited by SanyaV on May 31, 2021, 4:19:01 AM
Thanks a lot! That's the downside in copying things without understanding, I guess.
About my scepter: haha, no wonder the scepter was only 1c. :)

I will give it a try!
"
tkal12 wrote:
"
rozakk wrote:

Thanks for the build, the damage is great and has a much better survivability than the original :) Not so expensive as well
Do you use Cyclone for boss fights only? And i guess enduring cry is for Ultimatums

Thanks! yea the cyclone is for boss and definitely also for ultimatums. Build isnt optimized and im not sure on the utility of enduring cry, i just have it there for the time being. Not generally needed for regular mapping though you can get random big damage spikes since you wont have fortify. I dont see how people even survive in ultimatums in the normal version of this build, the survivability is just not nearly enough.

https://pastebin.com/b4xZWRab - the pob isnt optimized either i have some megalomaniac jewels and some cluster jewels that could be better i just havent figured out what to do and then sorta stopped playing before fine tuning em
"
rozakk wrote:

Thanks! yea the cyclone is for boss and definitely also for ultimatums. Build isnt optimized and im not sure on the utility of enduring cry, i just have it there for the time being. Not generally needed for regular mapping though you can get random big damage spikes since you wont have fortify. I dont see how people even survive in ultimatums in the normal version of this build, the survivability is just not nearly enough.

https://pastebin.com/b4xZWRab - the pob isnt optimized either i have some megalomaniac jewels and some cluster jewels that could be better i just havent figured out what to do and then sorta stopped playing before fine tuning em

To be honest you dont need extremely high block chance to survive
40% of all damage goes to mana
The bigger your mana pool, the better. I can take multiple shots before having to use mana pots. Work on your mana pool/regen. It's your source of damage and defense

Biggest problem I see is crit chance/multiplier for monsters. That is a no-go for us. You can take 1 or 2 but you'll probably die in the 3rd shot. Unless you have the tank version with watchers eye that prevent 55% of damage from crit blows

Here's my pob for comparison
https://pastebin.com/rEtwG7Lm
So I ended up really liking this build so I gave it the Lamborghini treatment, here's the gear I ended up with - there's no real upgrades apart from marginal ones that would cost me 50ex per.

Ended up with around 50 million SDPS according to PoB with a 100k phys hit pool and 300k ele hit pool: https://pastebin.com/8xjrkYXj
Last edited by SanyaV on Jun 7, 2021, 1:02:08 PM
"
zer0code wrote:
"
rozakk wrote:

To be honest you dont need extremely high block chance to survive
40% of all damage goes to mana
The bigger your mana pool, the better. I can take multiple shots before having to use mana pots. Work on your mana pool/regen. It's your source of damage and defense

Biggest problem I see is crit chance/multiplier for monsters. That is a no-go for us. You can take 1 or 2 but you'll probably die in the 3rd shot. Unless you have the tank version with watchers eye that prevent 55% of damage from crit blows

Here's my pob for comparison
https://pastebin.com/rEtwG7Lm

crit chance/multi isnt bad at all for me unless its coupled with reduced block chance mod lol . the effect of heal on block from bone offering is honestly quite nice esp when each point of life is also mitigated 40% from mom. the combined usefulness of agnostic nullifying dot effects and high block dealing with direct hits made it a nobrainer ez mode situation for mapping and ultimatums. Its definitely not as good for bossing as the MoM/dps focused original version (though i did do like 80 uber elders effortlessly on this build) but it was kinda designed specifically to handle how annoying ultimatums were
I really enjoy this build but at lvl 92 I am still finding it difficult to deal with certain situations. Namely when I get overwhelmed by lots of monsters, e.g., when running (inscribed) ultimatums and even heist. Could you provide any suggestions other than "get better at playing" (although this might be the case :/) to make the character a little more resilient? I did consider re-speccing into the tanky version but it appears I would need to make some major purchases to max out chaos res :(
Last edited by warpig41 on Jun 17, 2021, 12:05:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info