[3.14] Cyclone Staff 100% Fire Chieftain (Not being updated for 3.15)

"
Wormweed wrote:
So squishy, even with 5700 life, 3 endurance charges, fortify, flasks and steel skin. Totems leeching life to you doesnt help much when they die in 1 second when doing ultimatums.

I don't really see a way to make it decently tanky, since we don't have a shield with 5% life on block.

I have an abyssus with ancestral protector lab enchant, but i don't think i'll ever be able to use it.

Cinderswallow is a game changer in this area.
Can you tell me why it's showing my dps so low?

https://pastebin.com/1RJunfeB

It's like 86k compared to your 468k. I understand you have better gear, but it looks like mine is showing way lower than I expect, because I'm running red maps pretty easily.
Didn't see this version but I'm basically playing mathil's version aside from some minor tweaks. Yes, the build is pretty squishy until you surpass 6K life. Once you reach that point, with 3 endurance charges, fortify, nearly block capped(I'm 65% on both attack and spell), res capped and as much chaos res as you can fit in... you have a lot of defensive layers at your disposal, more than most builds do. That said, you're still going to be susceptible to one shots and the league mechanic is pretty rippy, especially the stand in circles one which I simply don't even bother doing.

It doesn't matter how tanky you make a build. Not avoiding mechanics or putting yourself in very rippy situations will kill it. Best advice I can give is shoot for 6500'ish life, get as close to block cap as possible, avoid abyssus like the plague, at least 20% positive chaos res as well as corrupted blood immunity and then run a cinderswallow while mapping. Try to fit in jewels with 7% max life and crit multi where-ever possible if you're short on health. Not that expensive.

I'm also personally trying to snag a good pair of elusive boots A.S.A.P. We're a crit build so the uptime will be high, the extra movespeed for cyclone, and the additional defensive layer will be a huge boost for the build.
Last edited by KFieLdGaming on Apr 25, 2021, 8:33:25 AM
https://pastebin.com/tZpgbAXX
Guys, i know i got to improve my gear, but been having trouble knowing exactly what to improve. It seems to me that my belt/body armor/weapon are good for now, and i will only be able to improve them with a lot of money, but the rest is not quite there.
Any ideas?
I don't know, can't even do 4 shaper guardians maven invite, 2 hits and im dead, when wearing a normal helmet not abyssus. 3,1 mill shaper dps with a 7 link elder staff (without counting Ngamahu's flame buff, 6200 life, 42% block, 60% spell block, perma fortify, 9000 armor.

Maybe it worked when you had harvest, and could craft some very good gear.

Pretty disappointed overall, after all this hype by Mathil and various others.
Any thoughts on investing in the staff block nodes (having less crit for more block?)

Or do you just sustain better with more damage and leech?

Is block better for bossing?
Hey guys, I switched to a CWDT + immortal call and noticed my deaths started to drop.
"
Wormweed wrote:
I don't know, can't even do 4 shaper guardians maven invite, 2 hits and im dead, when wearing a normal helmet not abyssus. 3,1 mill shaper dps with a 7 link elder staff (without counting Ngamahu's flame buff, 6200 life, 42% block, 60% spell block, perma fortify, 9000 armor.

Maybe it worked when you had harvest, and could craft some very good gear.

Pretty disappointed overall, after all this hype by Mathil and various others.

Try and drop abbysus since your phys mitigation is not that high. I kinda league started this build and from my time with it investing in block nodes is not very good ideea late in the game. Drop block nodes get some more endurances maybe go double cluster setup like i did and you will not die soo often.
You can check my tree, dont try and follow my items, i did alot of min max on this build, many of them are self crafted:).

"
3ndWonder wrote:
Any thoughts on investing in the staff block nodes (having less crit for more block?)

Or do you just sustain better with more damage and leech?

Is block better for bossing?

I did all invitations and bosses with this build(feared, formed, uber elder, all delve bosses). Block is not needed (is good on league start once you get better items drop block nodes) if you ask me, just for hard fights just go with conc effect will add alot of single target dmg. I die sometimes if i dont pay attention:), but dont forget we are melee so whitout insane stacking of fortify effect, armour and life, maybe some max resist is gonna be hard to stay alive all the time:).
Last edited by nazgul29 on May 19, 2021, 4:59:11 AM
I'm having alot of success with this. maybe slightly on the squishy side, but not unmanageable.
PoB: https://pastebin.com/AMhc9yQd
how did u guys lvl this build to not feel to bad ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info