[Xbox] Patch 3.13.1 One Hour Realm Rollback

“as protecting the state of the in-game economy is of utmost importance, and to leave the unintended items in play would be unfair to other players. “

In regards to this I feel most players feel the same way to the harbinger watch stone nerf and imprinting watch stones. Not to mention infinite Sirus. Those that got to use it benefited from it greatly while being unfair to all other players.

This 100% warranted a rollback I agree but is a bit hypocritical in those regards on how this league has been expressed.

I understand- yes- this time it was properly controlled and contained but just my two cents :)
What avenues should I take to close my account with GGG and receive a refund for my recent purchase?

Thanks.
Last edited by magnumpci on Feb 5, 2021, 2:31:32 PM
"
magnumpci wrote:
What avenues should I take to close my account with GGG and receive a refund for my recent purchase?

Thanks.

Lmao big loss for us guys. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Yet another shining example of how GGG uses their player base as guinea pigs. GG boys!
"
YouAreStoopud wrote:
Yet another shining example of how GGG uses their player base as guinea pigs. GG boys!

This. Do you guys not do any testing before releasing patches to the public? Surely an error this egregious should have been noticed well before the patch was officially implemented, yet here we are, with players who have not done anything wrong and who haven't benefitted from this getting punished because you don't test your builds appropriately before releasing them.

This is absurd. Your prompt response to the issue does not forgive the grief you are causing many players for something that is of no fault but your own.
"
CGoody564 wrote:
"
YouAreStoopud wrote:

This. Do you guys not do any testing before releasing patches to the public? Surely an error this egregious should have been noticed well before the patch was officially implemented, yet here we are, with players who have not done anything wrong and who haven't benefitted from this getting punished because you don't test your builds appropriately before releasing them.

This is absurd. Your prompt response to the issue does not forgive the grief you are causing many players for something that is of no fault but your own.

I have sent in evidence of the 1 item I lost (that I care enough about to go through all this trouble) but they have repeatedly told me to go $&#@ myself. They are very fond of using the word 'unable' when the truth is 'unwilling'.

Uninstalled the game, refunded my last purchase made to them. Just wish there was a way I could $*#@( them more, the way they did many of us, as I walk out the door. Perhaps my 'don't give them any money' advice to anyone that will listen to me will have to suffice.
Last edited by magnumpci on Feb 6, 2021, 10:49:39 AM
"
magnumpci wrote:

I have sent in evidence of the 1 item I lost (that I care enough about to go through all this trouble) but they have repeatedly told me to go $&#@ myself. They are very fond of using the word 'unable' when the truth is 'unwilling'.

I mean, yes, *technically* it is "unwilling", as in "unwilling to completely destroy the Ritual League economy".

Rollbacks really, really suck.

But the game was broken in such a way that many things were deterministic instead of random.

For example, many, many Headhunters were created during the one hour issue. Was the item you "lost" a Headhunter? In that case, you never really had it. It was created by a glitch.

Even if it wasn't a Headhunter, if they give you back whatever you lost, why would they have rolled back in the first place?

This wasn't a database issue rollback. It wasn't a technical crash rollback.

This was a "the game was broken in such a way that the rest of Ritual League will be ruined if we don't roll back".

It really, really sucks that players lost stuff. XP, gear, completions, etc.

But it is necessary for the long-term health of the game.

Furthermore, it would have been super unfair to players who didn't abuse glitches, or who couldn't play during that one hour.
"
magnumpci wrote:
"
SavageMinnow wrote:
This guy with the reading comprehension failure.

By all means, do point out what I fail to grasp. And while you are at it, detail why they could not just fix whoever received inappropriate drops instead of punishing countless more who did not.

Again, their patch, the one with the issue they created, was live for an hour FFS.

It matters not to me anymore, tbh... I uninstalled the game

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
magnumpci wrote:

I mean, yes, *technically* it is "unwilling", as in "unwilling to completely destroy the Ritual League economy".

Or... For an issue that will 'completely destroy' the in-game economy of your bread and butter product, one that was found by the player base in under an hour, you test your patches before they are released.

"
QQPQ wrote:
Rollbacks really, really suck.

They do indeed. I work for a video game company; I know full well the impact. I also know that you don't inflict pain on the game population for expediency's sake or to avoid tedious work of your own (GGG).

"
QQPQ wrote:
For example, many, many Headhunters were created during the one hour issue. Was the item you "lost" a Headhunter?

No, it was me six linking a chest and coloring it during that time - something we all know can require an incredible amount of currency and luck. Again, they are not 'unable' to replace it, they are unwilling.

"
QQPQ wrote:
This was a "the game was broken in such a way that the rest of Ritual League will be ruined if we don't roll back".

Or... They cease play as they did and selectively roll back the affected and not Neutron bomb the entire Xbox player game population for a problem THEY created.

I do this all day, every day - give out free shit to persistent barkers like myself. Why? To make them evangelists for the game, not against it (which is what has happened).

Because GGG refused to replace my legit item, this is what has happened:

-I have called them out on several platforms (Twitter, here, soon Reddit)
-Successfully refunded my last Xbox purchase with them (January)
-Left a 1 star Xbox review with a detailed explanation of this and all that is wrong with the game.
-I have gotten at least one friend to do the same and others to go with me to other games
-While the two that I have dealt with at GGG support (Scott and Al) have been professional and polite, I will seek out upper management to see if this is what they desire, that the principal being clung to is worth the above.

And before it is mentioned, 'if they did it for you, they would have to do it for everyone'. If they would have issued a replacement via a ticket, this dirty laundry would have never been made public. Scott or Al would have done it, I would have thanked them graciously, continued making purchases, and telling all my friends what a great game and company it was. They would have had to do the same for a few persistent pricks like myself and it would have been forgotten.

Instead, they created an ex player \ patron who is obnoxiously relentless.
Last edited by magnumpci on Feb 7, 2021, 10:43:42 AM
"
VonDeepah wrote:
"
magnumpci wrote:
"
SavageMinnow wrote:
This guy with the reading comprehension failure.

By all means, do point out what I fail to grasp. And while you are at it, detail why they could not just fix whoever received inappropriate drops instead of punishing countless more who did not.

Again, their patch, the one with the issue they created, was live for an hour FFS.

It matters not to me anymore, tbh... I uninstalled the game

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Not done yet, still a few places to air this out, but I do appreciate the concern for my well being.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info