Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
quascade wrote:
Hi, guys, what are you thoughts about changing inpulsa to another body armour? Will it be a significant dps loss? After switching to asenath gloves I've seen that explosions became more consistent, and inpulsa doesn't really make much sense.
I'm thinking about switching to double-influenced hunter/crusader armor with spell crit, additional curse (to save basically 6 passive points on whispers of doom and stats, that i'll get from hh), and maybe elevated power charge damage mod.

Came here to ask exactly this. How do you justifying keeping the arguably weak chest (outside of explosions ofc) that is inpulsas after getting asenaths?
"
"
quascade wrote:
Hi, guys, what are you thoughts about changing inpulsa to another body armour? Will it be a significant dps loss? After switching to asenath gloves I've seen that explosions became more consistent, and inpulsa doesn't really make much sense.
I'm thinking about switching to double-influenced hunter/crusader armor with spell crit, additional curse (to save basically 6 passive points on whispers of doom and stats, that i'll get from hh), and maybe elevated power charge damage mod.

Came here to ask exactly this. How do you justifying keeping the arguably weak chest (outside of explosions ofc) that is inpulsas after getting asenaths?

Inpulsa/Asenath explosions stack to be insanely potent, they feel weaker without having both items equipped.

This said, you CAN swap out if you want. The 3.15 God Tier Bossing Set Up uses Farrul's Fur for example and you can also use a crafted body armor alternatively if you would prefer.

This league I got all content done with Inpulsa + Asenath's so its not like we have any actual need to drop them, but you definitely can.
Thanks for the build enjoyed it very much! Started out as CoC Ice Nova but it was not quick enough with bossing.

And finally could afford my first HeadHunter.

Spoiler
"
Fyregrass wrote:
"
"
quascade wrote:

Inpulsa/Asenath explosions stack to be insanely potent, they feel weaker without having both items equipped.

This said, you CAN swap out if you want. The 3.15 God Tier Bossing Set Up uses Farrul's Fur for example and you can also use a crafted body armor alternatively if you would prefer.

This league I got all content done with Inpulsa + Asenath's so its not like we have any actual need to drop them, but you definitely can.

Thanks for your answer! I gotta say I thoroughly enjoyed the depth and palatability of your guides. I will most likely be using this build for my 3.15 start, barring any major nerfs. I guess I'll have to try out asenaths with and without inpulsas by myself when I get there!

Cheers
"
ScironYa wrote:
Thanks for the build enjoyed it very much! Started out as CoC Ice Nova but it was not quick enough with bossing.

And finally could afford my first HeadHunter.

Spoiler

Are you saying that this storm brand build has a higher DPS potential than CoC Ice Nova? And how do they compare in terms of tankiness? I don't really like glass cannons. I was thinking of playing a CI/Max Block CoC build next league but am also considering this storm brand build. What do you think?
I played the CI max block build from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3056215 before.

Actually league started with that, and it was nice and tanky, but the DPS was always a bit off. It might have been because I didn´t get my breakpoints correct or not enough crit without flasks. So bossing was tedious at times when I ran out off flasks.

I switched to this build and map clear was faster and the bossing more consistent for me, mainly did guardians and the Maven invitations for them. At first I also was hesistant about the survivability but 90% of the times that I died it was because I was being stupid. As long as you pay attentions the survivability is perfectly fine fromt he moment you get Corrupted Soul.
how to sustain life\es at this build?
"
ginbl4 wrote:
how to sustain life\es at this build?

I had some es leech nodes on the passive tree, a damage leeched as life while affected by vitality Watchers Eye and the %recovery on kill for life, mana and es on the cinderswallow flask.
What's the point of spending points on crit nodes while leveling, if we have elemental overload?
Planning to league start with this build. Does anyone know how affected we are? I am thinking maybe the endgame is still fine, but leveling with spellslinger might be hard. We are not really scaling crit are we?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info