Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

https://pastebin.com/Hx4zSLtZ

reached this point of the build. around 3 mil dps unbuffed is when you really start rolling content with this build. brand gameplay is sick once you get past the point where you dont ahve enough dps to insta destroy screens.
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
Clockjaw wrote:
"
I'm actually transitioning to the build based on void batteries.
What can i say about this build till now. It was pretty good, i was dying much before moving to corrupted soul based build and almost want to abandon it. But since then it's really cool. Although what i want to say is that swiftbrand sucks on ultimatum(at least for me). Because single stun can kill us, i need to run all the time, and i don't use storm brand much often. With swiftbrand they disappear much faster, so nothing to heal, nothing to kill monsters = death. So i would like to suggest to everyone to remove/swap swiftbrand for ultimatum for something else(no idea what can work well with storm brand as 5th support gem, maybe ele damage?), at least till you are going to have enough damage to kill monsters before too much will spawn.

Regards

I was actually going to try removing Swiftbrand later tonight for ES leech in the 6L to see if that provides more survivability. I'm about to transition into the Corrupted Soul version, so glad to hear it gets a little better then. Dying semi-frequently at level 89 in T12+ maps, but this is also my first league.

Be very carefull about ES leech. The maximum ES per second you get from leech is only 10% of your maximum ES (the base recovery is half that of life leech). That means that with our damage, if you have any source of ES leech on the tree trhough cluster jewel (Storm drinker) or the notable Heart of thunder, you already hit the cap, because our maximum ES is very low.
In case this was not clear: if you leech 0.2% of your damage as energy shield, adding energy leech support and it's 1.5% of damage leeched as energy shield will do nothing. You arleady are at the cap without the support.
The two ways to increase your recovery per second is to increase the ES pool by a large margin (going from 500-1000 to 6000) or to increase your maximum recovery. The first option is impossible with this build. The second option has very few sources. The divergent energy leech support does "Supported Skills have 40% increased Maximum Recovery per Energy Shield Leech" at 20% quality. A 40% increase is huge but the problem is that we already leech so little per second (because of our low ES maximum pool) that 40% of nothing is still nothing.

I think loosing damage to try to get a tiny bit of tankyness is a bad idea. Get more dps so you kill before being seen. That's the only real good option for this build (which is a fantastic build).

Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me. I ended up not going for ES leech support, however, I did pick up some ES-focused nodes on the passive tree as I start to transition into the Corrupted Soul build. I don't have the currency for the cluster jewels just yet. Running 6k ehp and it felt much better in T14 maps.

Your comment has me thinking that some of the nodes I picked up may not be as beneficial as I originally thought, though, so I'll need to figure that out. Thanks again, and definitely agree that this build is amazing! For my first real league start I couldn't have asked for an easier and better guide to follow.
Yo quick question; loving the build so far.
I want to try another CWDT-Setup though;
CWDT-AssaMark-WaveOfConviction-Hydrosphere (all skills level appropriate to cwdt of course)
Would Hydropshere in this setup do what i want it to do or nah? (Lightning exposure) or does it not double down with Wave of Conviction?

I would have a separate high level Assa Mark and WoC for Bosses though.

Mirror of Kalandra count: 0
After league starting a Vaal Ground Slam Slayer (which I didn't really like because of all the button clicks required to dish out your dmg) I decided to roll this Storm Brand build. I really like the clear speed and the simple gameplay. Leveling is a bit of a struggle though because of the many deaths :D
Overall, I really like it and want to keep on going to further improve the build.
I had a lucky drop today and am currently sitting on 10EX to invest in improvements. I was wondering what you guys would recommend me?

1. 6-Link Inpulsa
2. Rare helmet with Storm Brand enchant and +1 Power charges
3. or something completely different?

Here's a PoB of my build currently https://pastebin.com/ZU9c25LV. My profile is public as well.

Thanks for your feedback in advance!
Cheers
Last edited by maaalex on Apr 29, 2021, 7:29:13 AM
"

I was actually going to try removing Swiftbrand later tonight for ES leech in

Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me. I ended up not going for ES leech support, however, I did pick up some ES-focused nodes on the passive tree as I start to transition into the Corrupted Soul build. I don't have the currency for the cluster jewels just yet. Running 6k ehp and it felt much better in T14 maps.

Your comment has me thinking that some of the nodes I picked up may not be as beneficial as I originally thought, though, so I'll need to figure that out. Thanks again, and definitely agree that this build is amazing! For my first real league start I couldn't have asked for an easier and better guide to follow.

I would not bother with ES leech in any way or form. The 2 large cluster jewels with Storm drinker (or 3 even), corrupted soul and a 3% cinderswallow is more than enough. This build is all about damage. more damage and even more damage while maintaining a manageable life/es.

I am currently on 3.6k hp and 1.7k ES and I will clear all content on that. Just always keep in mind what is dead can't kill you and trying to make it more tanky will cost damage. Your a glass cannon and that made this version work so well.
Last edited by roetetoet on Apr 29, 2021, 9:37:47 AM
"
maaalex wrote:
After league starting a Vaal Ground Slam Slayer (which I didn't really like because of all the button clicks required to dish out your dmg) I decided to roll this Storm Brand build. I really like the clear speed and the simple gameplay. Leveling is a bit of a struggle though because of the many deaths :D
Overall, I really like it and want to keep on going to further improve the build.
I had a lucky drop today and am currently sitting on 10EX to invest in improvements. I was wondering what you guys would recommend me?

1. 6-Link Inpulsa
2. Rare helmet with Storm Brand enchant and +1 Power charges
3. or something completely different?

Here's a PoB of my build currently https://pastebin.com/ZU9c25LV. My profile is public as well.

Thanks for your feedback in advance!
Cheers

6 Link inpulsa and move into second cluster jewel. Just have a look at my tree to see what you can spec out. as we are similar level.

Change the gloves to high templar as your not cursing atm and that's the cheapest way with while still getting good stats. Change your belt to soul tether and get a cinderswallow flask (don't forget to add a jewel with add fire damage to spells for flask)

That's enough for you for now :)
Hi Fyregrass and thx for nice build.
I have one question. Have 15+ex what kinde your build i should pick up. Normal lightening 20ex(2x Void and inpulsa 10pc) or cold conversion? This cold conversion have better survi? I know that cast on death is mandatoryi play this build in 3.13 and mealt all but 12pc and hh. Now don't have hh yet. What diferent 20ex innpulsa 2x Void batery and replica soul Theater vs 2x call of brateher and New gloves cold conversion.
"
Bragisdottir wrote:
Yo quick question; loving the build so far.
I want to try another CWDT-Setup though;
CWDT-AssaMark-WaveOfConviction-Hydrosphere (all skills level appropriate to cwdt of course)
Would Hydropshere in this setup do what i want it to do or nah? (Lightning exposure) or does it not double down with Wave of Conviction?

I would have a separate high level Assa Mark and WoC for Bosses though.

Nope. Hydrosphere does NOTHING for our build at all. It's just a weaker exposure debuff that WoC overwrites.

"
kotwicaWplecy wrote:
Hi Fyregrass and thx for nice build.
I have one question. Have 15+ex what kinde your build i should pick up. Normal lightening 20ex(2x Void and inpulsa 10pc) or cold conversion? This cold conversion have better survi? I know that cast on death is mandatoryi play this build in 3.13 and mealt all but 12pc and hh. Now don't have hh yet. What diferent 20ex innpulsa 2x Void batery and replica soul Theater vs 2x call of brateher and New gloves cold conversion.

Lightning is the way to go. Cold Conversion is much squishier as you give up 3 extra slots where you run no life. In a build starved on life this isn't really acceptable IMO.

"
solester00 wrote:
I am a masochist and doing a HC version....

Just about level 90 doing Ultimatums and such.... Entering Red Tier Maps.... FUN build.... gonna be deaded soon probably tho.

Like the build tho. Thanks for taking time to update and reply to people.

You ARE a masochist! Good luck!

"
Tether23 wrote:
Still having mana issues with a cinderswallow and enlighten level3, clarity kept at lvl7

I have updated the guide further and now advise an Enduring mana flask at all levels. We don't even run clarity anymore.

"
kruks wrote:
Can't even beat tier 5 maps, build is a waste of time for newer players

This is likely player error. I stream every day and you are free to contact me over discord or on my stream where I will provide you with assistance. MOST of the people using my guide are newer players and many of them have been able to earn a HH in their 1st or 2nd league thanks to this build, I would love to help you out, it is probable you have configured the build incorrectly but we can fix it very quickly.

"
I'm actually transitioning to the build based on void batteries.
What can i say about this build till now. It was pretty good, i was dying much before moving to corrupted soul based build and almost want to abandon it. But since then it's really cool. Although what i want to say is that swiftbrand sucks on ultimatum(at least for me). Because single stun can kill us, i need to run all the time, and i don't use storm brand much often. With swiftbrand they disappear much faster, so nothing to heal, nothing to kill monsters = death. So i would like to suggest to everyone to remove/swap swiftbrand for ultimatum for something else(no idea what can work well with storm brand as 5th support gem, maybe ele damage?), at least till you are going to have enough damage to kill monsters before too much will spawn.

Regards

I found it harder to include Cinderswallow into the league start PoBs because it costs quite a lot earlier in the league. But what you are describing is normal, ultimatum IS a lot of running and thats the case for most caster builds.

Swapping swiftbrand is a massive mistake. It is our STRONGEST support gem by quite a large margin. If your brands are disappearing too fast it means you aren't casting them often enough. Run and cast them every second pretty much and sometimes even faster. Incorporating an Inspired Learning into the build helps a lot.

"
So I'm following your leveling guide to get me through the campaign. I'll spacing to a more defensive build once I'm finished with the campaign(playing HC). I do have a few questions..

Cant I just follow your skill tree for leveling and use TR instead of BF? I've already leveled BF this league but if I should do it again for acts a5-a10 I will.

I'm also concerned with life pool. I waa thinking of picking up a few more life modes than you have selected in your leveling portion. Again soley for survivability.

You can do what you described if you know how to make it work. I wouldn't have specific advise to give but I imagine it works fine.

Update:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have made the final changes to the build guide to 3.14. From here on out I don't believe there will be reasons to change it further, our gear is fairly min maxed at this point, I have included a section on Inspired Learnings and why we need them for Ultimatum, we have solved the Explosion chest problem, reconfigured flasks and auras, solved recovery issues, and the guide also has a section for Alt quality gems which have now all been tested.

For those who aren't following me on stream, I have moved onto an Aura Stacker at this point, not because I am done with Storm Brand but simply because I wish to continue making content for playstyles and builds that have a lot of potential but lack in depth resources. I will likely continue boss killing on Storm Brand, and for the remainder of the league you can catch me on my stream at https://www.twitch.tv/fyregrass or on my Discord at Fyregrass#6288, I will continue providing all the help you need getting your build to work, providing PoB reviews, etc. I will also respond to questions here from time to time as well. If anything changes with our build, for example, someone discovering some kind of previously unthought of synergy, I will once more update the guide and reconfigure our PoBs accordingly.

Thanks for all the support and kind words over the last few months, I know we are just a bunch of strangers that live on opposite ends of the earth but all you guys who message me with appreciation for the guide, those of you who watch my videos on YT or sit in stream with me on twitch help make this all worth my time!
Guide is really good! For people asking for more survivability, this is what I did and have been working pretty good for me.

1)Gloves with enfeeble on hit + blind+culling medium cluster. Hands of the templar are pretty cheap with this mod!
2)Replace flesh and stone with Vaal discipline. You get 500ish more ES + shield recharge in with vaal discipline
3)Cinderswallow is a must for ultimatums!
4)Im a Scion - Assasin+Juggernaut = Stun and chill immunity, 5Endurance charges (Death's door boots+Endurance), Bleeding immunity from boots, 5%dmg per endurance charge is a nice bonus and dropping small cluster getting 2 extra points is also pretty good.
5)Wave of conviction in Cwdt helps a lot cleaning ultimatums! and I run a second Cwdt with chaos/lightning golem + phase run (I dropped Vaal rf because I never found myself in a good situation to use it and not die).
6)I fixed my mana issues using an elighten lvl3, mana enchant on boots and 2jewels with mana reservation.

Im currently lvl 92 with 3.7khp + 2.4kes, 83% effective crit chance with diamond flask and 388%crit mult, and 1.6kk dps in PoB (probably wrong configurations all over the place xD) having invested around 20ex in the build. Im only struggling a bit in long boss fights with my Life regen, but managed to kill A6 Sirus deathless yesterday.

I use 3 brand loyalty+grand design clusters + 1holy+loyalty. So next upgrade would be adding a 4th loyalty+grand cluster once I can afford a 5passive voices. Im still with a rare helmet with enchant, so I have to upgrade that aswell. I dont have a watchers eye yet and my militant faith jewel has only brand dmg. I got 2 rare vermillion rings with life+res.

So plenty of room to upgrade in damage department!

Im quite noob in the game so there might be better options! But I found these that worked for me and hope will help someone else.

PD: Srry for my english :D

Hi Fyregrass,

Following your guide, having a lot of fun in the league. Quick question.
In the BiS PoB Mapping or Bossing version you are using Awakened Controlled destruction gem in 6L, while on your character and on the first page of the guide - you have Awakened Lightning Penetration gem.

Which one give us more?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info