Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
AceN1 wrote:
what should I go for to improve my dps?

https://pastebin.com/xN8qgu5w

Enchant on helm, maybe make a +1 power / -lightnign res?

Speakign of, does anyone want to buy mine for 6ex (what it cost to make) can't really make it fit with my resistances

Last edited by evolite on Apr 27, 2021, 6:16:57 AM
I see a lot of people on poe.ninja doing the cold version, is that just better defensively because you're freezing everything? It worth doing that version at all? Don't get me wrong I am melting stuff, but curious.
What do You think about Mark of the shaper + double influenced ring (elder +crusader or hunter for curse ) before buying +1 power charge ones?
"
Fyregrass wrote:

I’ll address this one by one. First up, the initial two PoBs are provided purely for league start purposes. It is simply impossible to skip the MoM PoB at day 1/2 of the league and I made clear that people should skip if it they’re playing the build later on in the league with more money, it’s not at all a PoB warrior approach, in fact the complete and total opposite, we run 5k eHP in that set up which is very tanky for a build that is able to do T16 reds on day 2 of the league as a spell caster. It’s tankier than virtually every BB/BF set up, every other storm brand iteration, etc.

The Grand Spectrums are there also because they’re very cheap on day 2 of the league but the crit multi/life jewels often hit the market at 1ex. When I posted the build in 3.13 it did not include league starter PoBs and no grand spectrums, etc. Most of the feedback I got was to include league start PoBs.

Moving on, I respectfully disagree with the upgrade approach, Inpulsa HAS to come before Agnerod because it is useful to lightningslinger but Agnerod is not. The remaining upgrade order is more or less what I already recommend.

As for CotB, this is PoB warrior stuff. You can watch Grimro’s two hours spent playing this build before he got mega tilted and quit Storm brand. If you want to play a glass cannon then CotB is absolutely fine, on stream the other night I showed off the cold conversion storm brand character I made last league with a 2 mirror investment, at its peak it was doing 16m Sirus DPS. So I would like to believe I’m perfectly qualified to talk about this build.

My version of the build runs enough eHP and mitigation to tank a Sirus beam under perfect conditions while still in our mapping gear (HH, Inpulsa, Asenaths), yet still every day people come to me and ask how to become tankier. At the end of the day, veterans who want to play as glass cannons doing cold conversion are free to do so and won’t have any need for my build. 33% of all Storm brand users atm are doing this. The people who need my guide are the people who aren’t good enough to do juiced red maps at sub 4K eHP, my guide is designed to present a well rounded character that can do all content comfortably with adequate offence and defence. 90% of the messages I get are from new players wanting guidance, it would be very bad for those players if I recommended cold conversion. Just to be clear, I’m not saying COTB is objectively bad, just that it has no business being included in this guide. If it’s something you want to pursue and something you find fun, I encourage you to pursue it, but 100% of new players want a well rounded character and even two thirds of veterans want it. I have two comments at the top of this thread and that means I am limited to 100k characters, I’m close to that limit which is why everytime I revise the guide I remove as much information as possible that isn’t entirely relevant to the current patch/meta. If I had 200k characters I would probably have included a cold conversion section, but given that I have to make a choice here, this is the no brainer. Still, I appreciate the feedback and I hope my answers provide some clarity as to the decisions I made. When I first made this guide I was just a juicer and I had no idea what kind of audience this guide would attract but 3 months later I have a better idea of who this guide is made for and I had to make the conscious decision to tailor it towards the people who want well rounded characters over veterans who don’t even need my guide in the first place.

If you’re curious, look up OccultistBrand in my profile. That’s my 2 mirror investment cold conversion character from last league, triple watchers eye, +2 wands, 4 mod amulet, corrupted CotBs with aura effect, etc. I don’t want people thinking I’ve never tried it, I have plenty of experience with it, it’s just way too rippy for my liking and seeing Grim and PoM play it this league and especially vs Ultimatum’s has reinforced the idea that I don’t think it’s that good in the current meta, if you feel differently though go for it!

P.S. your comment has spurred me to decide I’m at least going to acknowledge CC’s existence and provide an explanation of why I don’t recommend it for most people with the inclusion of my 2 mirror character. I’ll probably make the edit later today. I really do appreciate the feedback as much as I disagree with the idea of recommending it

Thank you so much. This is why your guide is one of the best there is!
Last edited by jkoch6599 on Apr 27, 2021, 10:12:28 AM
I don't want to let this go. I want to mention that I am fascinated with the Build, the beginning has been hard, as indicated, but all the guidance and dedication of Fyregrass is very complete.

And I want to apologize, because above all I respect the work of Fyregrass. I am experiencing a variation to cold super glass cannon. I have never played anything like it and I love it. But far from discrediting the fantastic guide. In fact, you probably have the 2 variations listed, the POB OP from Lightning and the variation to Cold.

And advice for those who have doubts from reading so much. Follow the guide, try to farm as much as you can to arm yourself.
"
jkoch6599 wrote:
"
Fyregrass wrote:

I’ll address this one by one. First up, the initial two PoBs are provided purely for league start purposes. It is simply impossible to skip the MoM PoB at day 1/2 of the league and I made clear that people should skip if it they’re playing the build later on in the league with more money, it’s not at all a PoB warrior approach, in fact the complete and total opposite, we run 5k eHP in that set up which is very tanky for a build that is able to do T16 reds on day 2 of the league as a spell caster. It’s tankier than virtually every BB/BF set up, every other storm brand iteration, etc.

The Grand Spectrums are there also because they’re very cheap on day 2 of the league but the crit multi/life jewels often hit the market at 1ex. When I posted the build in 3.13 it did not include league starter PoBs and no grand spectrums, etc. Most of the feedback I got was to include league start PoBs.

Moving on, I respectfully disagree with the upgrade approach, Inpulsa HAS to come before Agnerod because it is useful to lightningslinger but Agnerod is not. The remaining upgrade order is more or less what I already recommend.

As for CotB, this is PoB warrior stuff. You can watch Grimro’s two hours spent playing this build before he got mega tilted and quit Storm brand. If you want to play a glass cannon then CotB is absolutely fine, on stream the other night I showed off the cold conversion storm brand character I made last league with a 2 mirror investment, at its peak it was doing 16m Sirus DPS. So I would like to believe I’m perfectly qualified to talk about this build.

My version of the build runs enough eHP and mitigation to tank a Sirus beam under perfect conditions while still in our mapping gear (HH, Inpulsa, Asenaths), yet still every day people come to me and ask how to become tankier. At the end of the day, veterans who want to play as glass cannons doing cold conversion are free to do so and won’t have any need for my build. 33% of all Storm brand users atm are doing this. The people who need my guide are the people who aren’t good enough to do juiced red maps at sub 4K eHP, my guide is designed to present a well rounded character that can do all content comfortably with adequate offence and defence. 90% of the messages I get are from new players wanting guidance, it would be very bad for those players if I recommended cold conversion. Just to be clear, I’m not saying COTB is objectively bad, just that it has no business being included in this guide. If it’s something you want to pursue and something you find fun, I encourage you to pursue it, but 100% of new players want a well rounded character and even two thirds of veterans want it. I have two comments at the top of this thread and that means I am limited to 100k characters, I’m close to that limit which is why everytime I revise the guide I remove as much information as possible that isn’t entirely relevant to the current patch/meta. If I had 200k characters I would probably have included a cold conversion section, but given that I have to make a choice here, this is the no brainer. Still, I appreciate the feedback and I hope my answers provide some clarity as to the decisions I made. When I first made this guide I was just a juicer and I had no idea what kind of audience this guide would attract but 3 months later I have a better idea of who this guide is made for and I had to make the conscious decision to tailor it towards the people who want well rounded characters over veterans who don’t even need my guide in the first place.

If you’re curious, look up OccultistBrand in my profile. That’s my 2 mirror investment cold conversion character from last league, triple watchers eye, +2 wands, 4 mod amulet, corrupted CotBs with aura effect, etc. I don’t want people thinking I’ve never tried it, I have plenty of experience with it, it’s just way too rippy for my liking and seeing Grim and PoM play it this league and especially vs Ultimatum’s has reinforced the idea that I don’t think it’s that good in the current meta, if you feel differently though go for it!

P.S. your comment has spurred me to decide I’m at least going to acknowledge CC’s existence and provide an explanation of why I don’t recommend it for most people with the inclusion of my 2 mirror character. I’ll probably make the edit later today. I really do appreciate the feedback as much as I disagree with the idea of recommending it

Thanks for your thorough response, but would a cold version really cause that much of a glass cannon approach? I was more thinking along the lines of using talent tree points to juice up our life/hp, crown of the inward eye, some regen in the tree, and the focus being on our damage coming from cluster jewels and small hp clusters. Also means we can wear a shield/wand and necklace with +1 int gems to our stormbrand.

Is it something you have tested out? I don't want to patronise you, as you are the master and these are just suggestions it's just I played a tanky Stormbrand inquis last league, and i was pretty much unkillable with very very strong DPS for all bossing and mapping some of it came from ascendancies but the majority didn't, , the only downside I had was no elusive which resulted in a slower than ZOOM ZOOM clear speed. It also enabled a constant RF enabled pretty much and would allow us to safely use our RF whenever needed.

I was thinking more along lines of just a band of brotherhood, and a hypothermia gem for freezes and then ES leech on our 6 link. Going hybrid should result in a very tanky approach and the best part about it is that the transition is very smooth and streamlined. I league started with it LL and i cleared perfectly with stormbrand, and got to maps and every single passive I allocated, every single item I bought just improved the build directly, no need for dramatic switches around to things.

Also a glorious vanity added would be amazing etc

I know this isn't the build you created, but as you are a master of Stormbrand I do encourage you to try a tankier verion. My DPS was hitting 20m on my templar with 7-8k hybrid ES/LIFE with instant regen from life and ES leech and glorious vanity etc .

It was pretty insane.

I'm just a noob but some food for thought as i've played both builds and to be honest I do much prefer the version I played last league, and that is with 5ex currency invested compared to the 10-15 i have invested now.

Stormbrand is such a fun skill to use, and it is a real pleasure to play it in a tanky style that can get great damage (slightly lower max potential possibly..? - but it really doesn't matter when survivability goes up literally 6-10x
Last edited by Nevzat on Apr 27, 2021, 12:34:14 PM
Is it normal that in 3.14 Militant Faith now replaces "Pain Attunement" always with "Power of Purpose" instead of "Inner Conviction"?

I bought like 4 Militant Faiths and they all had the same result :(
"
Taktaal wrote:
Is it normal that in 3.14 Militant Faith now replaces "Pain Attunement" always with "Power of Purpose" instead of "Inner Conviction"?

You need to make sure that the first line of the jewel reads: "Carved to glorify (2000-10000) new faithful converted by High Templar Dominus".

The high templar name determines what keystone you get. The number value before that doesn't matter. You can also use a divine orb to reroll the name of the high templar if you have Avarius/Maxarius.
"
Taktaal wrote:

And instead of buying another gem, because it doesn't throw divine orb on it and it checks.
"
Nevzat wrote:
"
jkoch6599 wrote:
"
Fyregrass wrote:

Thanks for your thorough response, but would a cold version really cause that much of a glass cannon approach? I was more thinking along the lines of using talent tree points to juice up our life/hp, crown of the inward eye, some regen in the tree, and the focus being on our damage coming from cluster jewels and small hp clusters. Also means we can wear a shield/wand and necklace with +1 int gems to our stormbrand.

Is it something you have tested out? I don't want to patronise you, as you are the master and these are just suggestions it's just I played a tanky Stormbrand inquis last league, and i was pretty much unkillable with very very strong DPS for all bossing and mapping some of it came from ascendancies but the majority didn't, , the only downside I had was no elusive which resulted in a slower than ZOOM ZOOM clear speed. It also enabled a constant RF enabled pretty much and would allow us to safely use our RF whenever needed.

I was thinking more along lines of just a band of brotherhood, and a hypothermia gem for freezes and then ES leech on our 6 link. Going hybrid should result in a very tanky approach and the best part about it is that the transition is very smooth and streamlined. I league started with it LL and i cleared perfectly with stormbrand, and got to maps and every single passive I allocated, every single item I bought just improved the build directly, no need for dramatic switches around to things.

Also a glorious vanity added would be amazing etc

I know this isn't the build you created, but as you are a master of Stormbrand I do encourage you to try a tankier verion. My DPS was hitting 20m on my templar with 7-8k hybrid ES/LIFE with instant regen from life and ES leech and glorious vanity etc .

It was pretty insane.

I'm just a noob but some food for thought as i've played both builds and to be honest I do much prefer the version I played last league, and that is with 5ex currency invested compared to the 10-15 i have invested now.

Stormbrand is such a fun skill to use, and it is a real pleasure to play it in a tanky style that can get great damage (slightly lower max potential possibly..? - but it really doesn't matter when survivability goes up literally 6-10x

Nevzat, would you help me move to a more tanky version? If you can see my profile, I'm with a variation too glass cannon.

I am not complaining and it fascinates me, it is my first time. But my HP even going up 5 or 6 lvls more I don't think it will exceed 2300/2400 and my energy shield 500/600.

In the video that I shared I realized that I was not launching the Frenzy Charge. Until I fix it by casting divine orb on my Elegant Hubris gem (until I find the correct passive to generate Frenzy Charge) I go with Blood Rage and that's it.

The damage is insane. Ultimatums in T16 are literally erased almost standing still in place.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info