Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

The main problem will be getting past 9 pcs, given the fact that you can't fracture synth items.
Alright!

Watched the new video, my biggest struggle on low tier maps was bosses and resistant yellows. I just swapped out ball lightning in order to run swiftbrand and a second PCoC, and even at these low gem levels its 10x better. This is now tolerable to toil the first 5 EX. I even have enough free mana to run vitality (personal preference), its still squishy but now i dont feel 'obligated' to spam attacks on bosses, I can kite a bit more, stick and move.

Thanks again for your work!
"
nakieon wrote:
I probably missed something obvious, but why don't we use storm brand right away as soon as we get spellslinger?

Act 3-6:

2. Upon beating 'Sever the Right Hand', return to town ASAP to switch to your Spellslinger set up. At town, purchase Ball Lightning + 2x Spellslinger. Sell Herald of Thunder, Skitterbots, Added Lightning Damage Support & Blastchain Mine Support. Link Spellslinger to Ball Lightning + Wave of Conviction + Arc and use your basic attack to trigger these spells.

You mentioned waiting until Spellslinger hits lvl 10 then you can add Storm Brand but I don't see any reason why you need to wait. This will be my first time using spellslinger. Is it a reservation cost issue?

Because unless you are min maxing these runs you probably don’t have the Alts yet, but in my levelling commentary video you’ll see that I swapped as soon as I could because I was ahead. I might update the guide with this info. Originally when I wrote the guide I hit the character count so I had to cut that stipulation but it might fit nowadays
Why we use power charge on crit in bouth Wands?
Is there no better Option.

We generate Power charges through our Ascendancy

Or i miss something ?
Last edited by Biberbiber on Apr 14, 2021, 5:59:50 AM
How viable is this build for Hardcore, as a league starter, and as an endgame build? Will I be dying easily?
"
GrappLr wrote:
How viable is this build for Hardcore, as a league starter, and as an endgame build? Will I be dying easily?

The build use cast on death _ portal setup and it's written in the guide that you'll die a lot. You did not even read the guide, didn't you?
"
GrappLr wrote:

The HC part has been answered.
My opinion on viability as league starter is: viable but not optimal. You really need the Holy conquest to make this build going. Furthermore, it really start to shine when you have multiple pcs on.
My idea is start as something else, get currency, and then level a new char with the usual hollow palm and then throw the basics for Storm Brand on it.
As end league build, it's really good, like really really really good, provided the fact that you like brand playstyle and don't mind dying.
"
Biberbiber wrote:

Or i miss something ?

I'm not sure where you found that information. Optimally, you want to use Void Battery to scale the damage with power charges. I can't find anything in the guide where it states that you should use wands with power charges on crit.
"
Biberbiber wrote:

Or i miss something ?

I’m guessing you mean in both spellslinger set ups? We do this because the support gem gives us damage per power charge. We don’t actually care about it generating additional charges
"
GrappLr wrote:

As much as I’d like you to play my build, I certainly wouldn’t recommend hardcore due to how squishy we are when we get to maps.

If you really like this build but play HC, play it as an Elementalist with Armageddon brand to level with and swap to Storm brand later on when you have lots of damage or an Inpulsa.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info