Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

How do you deal with Goliaths (spikes on death monster)? Million dollar question.

Fuck this thing
Hi, I am currently playing by having brand recall on left click and storm brand on right click. So I'm just casting brand recall on cooldown while manually using storm brand. Is this the optimal playstyle?
"
deadsolo wrote:
Simple question here that I may have missed in the guide, but at what point do you switch to actually using Storm Brand? Is it once you acquire Agnerod West? And where should I focus my passive points in the low 70-80s? Currently I’ve just been following the leveling PoB, but that only goes up to like 60 something I believe and the budget pob was a big jump in levels.

Honestly you can probably start using storm brand as soon as you can equip it, it's a pretty good skill for levelling.
As far as focusing your points, I'm not sure since I respecced to this build after levelling as poison bv.

"
XenJerec wrote:

I know the fight pretty well but if the build insta-dies from the puddles I have a bad time. I played gr0bbs poison bv and never had issues with Sirus

Well, it's squishier than poison bv, but you don't insta-die to puddles, just gotta react quick if you stand in one. Corrupted soul really helps, but I usually do A9 sirius deathless.

"
Sixtine wrote:

Answering myself, I started on ~20ex and the build is smooth.

But asking again, can the build be played with penance brand instead of storm brand ?

Probably but you'd have to do some adjusting because penance brand is 50% phys afaik.

"
windrunner15 wrote:
How do you deal with Goliaths (spikes on death monster)? Million dollar question.

Fuck this thing

Swap your inpulsa's for an explode chest, that's a hard counter for spikes on death.

"
xNinjakiller wrote:
Hi, I am currently playing by having brand recall on left click and storm brand on right click. So I'm just casting brand recall on cooldown while manually using storm brand. Is this the optimal playstyle?

Honestly I just spam recast brand since the mana regen allows it, as long as shit's dying fast I wouldn't worry too much about it.

https://pastebin.com/pD71DE7y

I currently have this set up. I know there is a lot of work to be done since I only started this build today. What are the next upgrades I should try and go for? And should I switch to a Glorious Vanity instead of a Militant Faith since I have a HH? Or do I only switch if I also have the Badge of Brotherhood.
"Inspired Learning will be mentioned later"
Please feel free to mention it now, the skill tree setup does not allow for ANY space with 4 notables in the small range.
"
Fishyyy wrote:

https://pastebin.com/pD71DE7y

I currently have this set up. I know there is a lot of work to be done since I only started this build today. What are the next upgrades I should try and go for? And should I switch to a Glorious Vanity instead of a Militant Faith since I have a HH? Or do I only switch if I also have the Badge of Brotherhood.

+1 power charge rings and an explode chest. You can also go for +1 power charge + curse on hit ring if you want to get rid of your wave of conviction hextouch setup. You can also go for a +1 power charge + lightning damage to spells or reduced mana reserved helmet.

As far as Glorious Vanity, it increases survivability by a decent amount so I'd say yes to that.
so how in the world do you shock with this build? cause i can see nowhere armour nor tree that should give you shock.
How do I deal with shielded enemies besides walking into the shielded field?
"
glagla00 wrote:
so how in the world do you shock with this build? cause i can see nowhere armour nor tree that should give you shock.

It's a crit based lightning build, that's how you shock.

"
xNinjakiller wrote:
How do I deal with shielded enemies besides walking into the shielded field?

You don't as far as I'm aware. Jumping in is the only way.
This is a pretty fun storm brand variant. I had 50 ex and started investing in this build, and have cleared all content (minus the feared, cannot get a cortex map to drop for the life of me).

That said, this is a pure glass cannon build, there is very little investment into the traditional defenses but corrupted soul does help the instagibs. Prox shields will be spicy, and degens will melt you, but if you invest, you wil delete before being deleted

Not the build for those who hate dying, but I’ve had a ton of fun so far and have yet to invest fully. With my gear I phase Sirus A9 last phase in 10-15 seconds.

Thanks for this guide. I love storm brand, and was looking for something to invest in. This guides format is great, shopping links are great for builds like this, and made gearing super simple.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info