Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

My biggest craft in years of playing this game:

Probably would've been more "efficient" to save for an HH but as the kids say: yolo! +1 curse allows me to run Assassin's Mark for an extra 10%+ DPS, and with the elevated spell crit I don't need diamond or Bottled Faith for 100% crit (and can now run ele reflect!)

Solid build, but still has a few weaknesses even with solid gear as I guessed at back on page 5. Flame dashing into overlapping proximity shields in juiced content is a 50/50 shot on survival, and boss phases are no fun. But as OP mentions, cast on death + portal is perfect for these occasions and IMO is well worth 2 sockets.
"
Avocadoe wrote:
My biggest craft in years of playing this game:

Probably would've been more "efficient" to save for an HH but as the kids say: yolo! +1 curse allows me to run Assassin's Mark for an extra 10%+ DPS, and with the elevated spell crit I don't need diamond or Bottled Faith for 100% crit (and can now run ele reflect!)

Solid build, but still has a few weaknesses even with solid gear as I guessed at back on page 5. Flame dashing into overlapping proximity shields in juiced content is a 50/50 shot on survival, and boss phases are no fun. But as OP mentions, cast on death + portal is perfect for these occasions and IMO is well worth 2 sockets.

Huge body armor there! And yea, prox shields are annoying for any hit based build, nothing we can really do. I have updated the guide to have a section on survivability, you may wanna check it out, I actually managed to hit 100.

"
ovenjohnson wrote:
hey fyregrass, do you think a POB like this player's is overkill? and if so, do you think it's a reasonable goal to work towards?

https://pastebin.com/s96zjw7T

It's definitely overkill but you can work towards it if you want. The helmet is insanely expensive to make and thats where alot of the power comes from but you can work towards this sort of thing if you really want. We do all the content in the game insanely fast with like half the damage of this PoB and if I start putting stuff like that into the build it would turn a lot of people off. My goal with this guide is to just produce a midrange budget build that absolutely slaps, cold conversion can scale DPS even higher than this but it starts to become giga-expensive and at this point you're draining your wallet for overkill damage that counts for nothing anyway.

I find anomalous dash to be pretty good alternative to flame dash. After switching to it and crafting the rare chest, I've died a lot less.

I know it's not achievable for every one but an HH does do wonders for the build. It boosts your survivability a ton and all you need to do is get a glorious vanity for the corrupted soul keystone.
What do u reccomend me do add an adittional curse and remove the t1 energy shield or remove 10% life and add flat life or remove the defence and add the craft increased maximum life and energy shield
Hello guys, quick questions from someone who just started the build.
I'm playing it as if it was my 1st build of the league and I'm at Act 8 (very low playtime this league).

- when we get storm brand, from what I understood our SS 4-link should be SS + BL + Storm Brand + Wave of Conviction.

To clear it's really fast, but for bosses I find it pretty slow even when applying Conductivity. It's not a big deal but I'm not really confident in running 2nd/3rd lab with it as we are pretty squishy so we need to kill fast.

Did I miss something ? In the guide we're supposed to keep a SS setup until we get our 1st 5L.

- what's the min crit chance required to drop EO ?

I don't know how long it took you to write this guide Fyregrass, but that's a hell of job !

Thanks to anyone who'll be willing to help me ^^
"
hoelzo wrote:
What do u reccomend me do add an adittional curse and remove the t1 energy shield or remove 10% life and add flat life or remove the defence and add the craft increased maximum life and energy shield

And work have wave of conviction - cast on critical - elemental weakness and hextouch?
I've updated my items quite a bit since last time. I also can't afford a +1 power charge ring + ele weakness on hit atm. I'm wondering if it's better to stick with a +1 power charge ring and conductivity on hit , or run two +1 power charge rings?

What fossils would you suggest for rings if you find someone for fracture service?

Not sure if better off just buying one already mirrored or hoping to get a good one through fracture service.

Also, anyone find someone offering fracture service on +1 max power charge/ele weakness synth ring?
Last edited by IWannaPeonU on Feb 21, 2021, 2:04:26 PM
I think i've spent around 30ex and i'm content with what I have already. There's so much more room for upgrades, but i'm not really motivated to min-max since the damage is already deleting content (+i'm lazy). Fantastic guide! I really appreciate all the details and steps that you've outlined for people who don't have that much experience with other builds.

Your build will definitely be one of the builds i'll consider to play as in future leagues.
Last edited by Nitsujin on Feb 21, 2021, 12:12:34 PM
What's the best budget to start this build ?
I got my first Headhunter and I'm looking for a build to exploit it but I'm left with ~15ex atm.

Also, is it possible to play penance brand instead of storm brand ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info