[3.13] Peak life Necromancer -- 12k life, 7k+ regen/sec, delete everything

"
Skua99 wrote:

1) Should I become a miser and save every chaos until I can afford a Imperial Maul or should I splurge on a Kingmaker for my AG once I finish the Uber Lab? Any other weapon advice would be greatly appreciated.

2) Right now I am using 'Host' and 'Carnage' Chieftains as my Specters, but if I do start using a AG with a Kingmaker, I would would loose my 'Blood Magic' gem and have to rethink my Specter choices. What are some easily available Specters that I could use?

3) Also if someone can take a look at my gear and let me know what I should be concentrating on for my next upgrade. I know that at some point I want to get life on the Kaom's and replace my 'Death Attunement' allocation with 'Golems Blood'.

Go ahead and do Uber Lab, it will be easy. This build demolishes lab.

The order I did some big purchases in was Maul, then Kingmaker, stat boosting necklace and golem's blood anoint, then Empower 4, then 21/20 Zombie gem... with some ~10-50c gear purchases for rings, boots, belt spaced in there somewhere.

However, if I had to do it again, I think Empower 4 should be the biggest priority. It's about 2.5ex, and it made the biggest difference I could feel. Switching the Maul was almost as big, but the Maul cost me 9ex. Kingmaker is a defensive purchases primarily, and you just want that before really pushing into red maps.

Blood magic lets your chieftans give you charges more often, but they'll still do it fairly often without it. You can keep the chieftans going. A good third specter is Merveil's Retainer (from any map with the "Area is inhabited by Sea Witches and their Spawn" mod). They curse with vulnerability. I liked the Reanimator from lunaris temple as well. They curse with enfeeble and raise their own zombies. Those zombies are weak and just act as little meat shields, but it's fun having them around.

As for gear, definitely get that animate guardian going. It might be a while before you can get Kingmaker, but you can get a chest on him with nearby enemies are blinded. That's a huge boost to your defenses, probably as much as kingmaker's fortify or maybe more. Blind is very powerful. You can give him either victario's boots for move speed or whatever those boots are that leave a shock trail (what I'm using, forget the name)...and whatever else has good resists. Then, assuming your resists and 1000 strength are in order, focus on those big ticket items! You won't feel much difference picking up a little strength here and there. You will definitely feel putting on empower 4 or that fancy hammer.

EDIT: I should mention that a Kaom's with 5% life is like 50c I think, but that extra little life isn't going to make much of a difference. I still haven't bothered with it. I'm saving up for Awakened Multistrike Support now. 27ex or so, ouch! I'm about halfway there. I think, eventually at the very high end, this build should drop Kaom's anyway. Kaom's is big life, but we can get about half of that back in a well rolled rare and probably way more defensive value out of those 6 links. I haven't really sat down to figure out what would work best yet... but I guess the point is, 50c is probably better off saved for something else unless you really just want some instant gratification with even more life...which is understandable. I've been tempted to grab one many times.

Last edited by Lemabelle on Feb 22, 2021, 8:38:55 AM
"
Rhothgarr wrote:

Can I ask for the reasoning behind them?

It's just my personal preference; I like using tank spectres.
"
Lemabelle wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:

1) Should I become a miser and save every chaos until I can afford a Imperial Maul or should I splurge on a Kingmaker for my AG once I finish the Uber Lab? Any other weapon advice would be greatly appreciated.

2) Right now I am using 'Host' and 'Carnage' Chieftains as my Specters, but if I do start using a AG with a Kingmaker, I would would loose my 'Blood Magic' gem and have to rethink my Specter choices. What are some easily available Specters that I could use?

3) Also if someone can take a look at my gear and let me know what I should be concentrating on for my next upgrade. I know that at some point I want to get life on the Kaom's and replace my 'Death Attunement' allocation with 'Golems Blood'.

Go ahead and do Uber Lab, it will be easy. This build demolishes lab.

The order I did some big purchases in was Maul, then Kingmaker, stat boosting necklace and golem's blood anoint, then Empower 4, then 21/20 Zombie gem... with some ~10-50c gear purchases for rings, boots, belt spaced in there somewhere.

However, if I had to do it again, I think Empower 4 should be the biggest priority. It's about 2.5ex, and it made the biggest difference I could feel. Switching the Maul was almost as big, but the Maul cost me 9ex. Kingmaker is a defensive purchases primarily, and you just want that before really pushing into red maps.

Blood magic lets your chieftans give you charges more often, but they'll still do it fairly often without it. You can keep the chieftans going. A good third specter is Merveil's Retainer (from any map with the "Area is inhabited by Sea Witches and their Spawn" mod). They curse with vulnerability. I liked the Reanimator from lunaris temple as well. They curse with enfeeble and raise their own zombies. Those zombies are weak and just act as little meat shields, but it's fun having them around.

As for gear, definitely get that animate guardian going. It might be a while before you can get Kingmaker, but you can get a chest on him with nearby enemies are blinded. That's a huge boost to your defenses, probably as much as kingmaker's fortify or maybe more. Blind is very powerful. You can give him either victario's boots for move speed or whatever those boots are that leave a shock trail (what I'm using, forget the name)...and whatever else has good resists. Then, assuming your resists and 1000 strength are in order, focus on those big ticket items! You won't feel much difference picking up a little strength here and there. You will definitely feel putting on empower 4 or that fancy hammer.

EDIT: I should mention that a Kaom's with 5% life is like 50c I think, but that extra little life isn't going to make much of a difference. I still haven't bothered with it. I'm saving up for Awakened Multistrike Support now. 27ex or so, ouch! I'm about halfway there. I think, eventually at the very high end, this build should drop Kaom's anyway. Kaom's is big life, but we can get about half of that back in a well rolled rare and probably way more defensive value out of those 6 links. I haven't really sat down to figure out what would work best yet... but I guess the point is, 50c is probably better off saved for something else unless you really just want some instant gratification with even more life...which is understandable. I've been tempted to grab one many times.

Great advice, thank you very much :)

My current plan is to start saving up for the Maul, then figure out where to go after that. I read your advice about doing the Empower 4 before the Maul, but I think that I must be missing something in the logic. While using my Queen's Escape along with my level 3 Empower, my Raise Zombie is at level 24. If I equip an Empower 4 my Raise Zombie just goes up one level to 25. If I do the Maul first along with my level 3 Empower, my Zombies go up to level 28. One level for the '+1 Socketed Gems' and three levels for increasing my Empower from a level 3 to a 6. I I know that getting to level 25 is important as it gives me another Zombie. I am not 100% sure that I have this correct, but I think so.

I did some experimentation with running my Chieftain Spectre's without 'Blood Magic' and did not seem to generate many charges. But on the flip side, I would be scared to run my Animate Gardian equipped with a kingmaker without 'minion life'. So my initial plan is to equip the Animate Gardian with a 'Blind Chest', 'Victario's Boots' and some other cheap uniques, but without the 'Minion Life'. This way if something dies, no big loss. Once I get a Kingmaker, I will drop the 'Blood Magic' and add in 'Minion Life' while using some to be determined specters. In the early stages I also plan to experiment with some of the other defensive Specters along with my Chieftain's to see what works.

I also agree with you that spending money on a Kaom's with 5% increased life can wait until later.

Again thank you very much for your detailed response and sound advice.
Last edited by Skua99 on Feb 23, 2021, 1:57:27 AM
After creating an animated guardian with full set of items
can i then change and item like weapon or do i need to resummon with all other items aswell?
"

After creating an animated guardian with full set of items
can i then change and item like weapon or do i need to resummon with all other items aswell?

You can change any item you want without having to reequip all the other items.
Hello. What specters u use?
Beware the Vaal Temple map boss! Whatever that thing is dropped by guardian to 75% health, which is the only thing to scratch my guardian... ever. If I had rippier mods on the map, it could have been game over for my tanky boy. A spectre perished, but that is tolerable.

"
Skua99 wrote:
If I equip an Empower 4 my Raise Zombie just goes up one level to 25. If I do the Maul first along with my level 3 Empower, my Zombies go up to level 28. One level for the '+1 Socketed Gems' and three levels for increasing my Empower from a level 3 to a 6. I I know that getting to level 25 is important as it gives me another Zombie. I am not 100% sure that I have this correct, but I think so.

It's mainly a question of cost. 8-9ex for hammer vs 2.5ex for empower 4 is a pretty big leap. Queen's Escape already gives +1 zombies, so you won't get an extra zombie just for swapping to the hammer since you'll lose the queen's +1. It's not a big deal either way, because of course you'll want both eventually.

I get frenzy and power charges fairly often, but I do wonder if there are more useful spectre to use. In the very long run of the build there is potential for swapping Kaom's out with a very high end rare (or something like Saqawal's Nest) giving us 6 links to work with. The Guardian/Spectre combo could be moved into that adding blood magic and another useful link of some sort. Then we'd have 4 sockets to use for flesh offering, desecration, defensive skills, ect.

Talk about a long grind... I'm a bit over halfway to grinding out the 27ex or so I'll need for Awakened Multistrike Support. After that I guess I'll turn my eyes towards some god tier chest and experiment with links... if I don't burn out on the league first. I hit 95 last night, which is 5 levels above my previous league best. I really like this build.
"
ArsLoD wrote:
Hello. What specters u use?

I'm using Carnage Chieftain (frenzy charges), Host Chieftain (power charges), and Merveil's Retainer (vulnerability curse). I liked Reanimitor pretty well to (curse and raises their own weak zombies). They're all very tanky with their support gems and they aren't contributing any significant direct damage, so it's best to choose based on utility.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Feb 23, 2021, 8:45:45 AM
So since i prolly wont be able to buy a big boy weapon on hc i Will have to craft one
Later down the road. My question is : is it worth givning up queens for another weapon with only 1+ Gems and one crafted minion mod untill then or just stick with Queen?

Any one know where i find the recipies for crafting?
Is it pale court + catrina (syndicate boss)
"

Any one know where i find the recipies for crafting?
Is it pale court + catrina (syndicate boss)

3 craft = The Pale Court = 2ex
Minion attack / cast speed = unveil x8 = 4c
+2 support gem = Catarina specific unveil x2 = 2ex
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info