Echoes of the Atlas Lore: Creating the Maven

Really loved reading about how the concept for the Maven came up. I've absolutely LOVED the Maven, her encounters and her voicelines. The actress really did an excellent job. Props to the team!
I taught you guys patched in the new dialog because I noticed she started speaking more. I was reading the .1 patch notes looking for "added extra Maven dialog", but no, it was there form the start. Very cool.
Maven does seem like a more interesting entity than anything else we’ve had so far.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Violence. Conflict. Pleasure.

Maven. Intriguing. Enjoy.
Last edited by morgasmus on Jan 31, 2021, 8:33:00 PM
I absolutely love maven personality and growth. Early maps she used to say red liquid floats and then straight up psycho stuff like blood sprays make her giggly inside. Though makes you wonder who his creator / guardian is who is always referred by the menacing looking dude . His dialogues could use some coherence . Makes you wonder if maven and associates are the first one Einhar refers to.
chaotic neutral
I love this!

I'm still only in the 3-boss fight stage of the Maven; I'm so excited to experience her as I progress further!

absolutely brilliant.
I like that The Maven isn't introduced as a finished storyline: it's open ended for future actions from her that we can interact with. It's not just "get rid of this evil," it's a full introduction of a new and developing character. Plus, it's amazing character design. Great job!
In delirium I got in love with the game lore-wise.
Each phrase hit really really close to home, and it was easy to catch the depressing/paranoid tints of dialogue in each mirror rampage.

The shaper/elder/zana storyline made me feel pity and loss, which I guess were the feelings zana must've experienced in-character.

The conqs gave some bits here and there, with their pride, fanaticism, paranoia and outright madness in easy-to-find notes next to their loot, but didn't feel really special.
Sirus, on the other hand, pushed his theme really well despite his low in-game time of exposition: betrayal and loss of self. It was great.

But none of them felt like threats. I must have died to their hands more than 2000 times, but I didn't feel it that way, they were just mechanics carrying a message.

With this one, you outdid youselfs. The feeling of dread I got when I realised the damn thing was learning was awesome, kinda like a 3.5 wall break.
Keep it going this way, you are doing amazing.
It is interesting how you basically separated 'show' and 'tell' into two characters. The emissary is all exposition, he doesn't actually do anything. The Maven is all action, with little to no expository dialogue.
We may be reaching a point soon. Where there are too many characters to keep track of. (and thus be interesting)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info