Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

Get rid of this rancid unwanted garbage immediately.

Nobody in your community asked you to make the game look like runescape for 20 seconds after they enter a new area. Every. Single. Time...

Whatever solution texture streaming is meant to create - you are creating more problems with this implementation. Absolutely nobody in the community is enjoying this bullshit, so get rid of it.
"
Dreggon wrote:
Is it possible to show the wireframes of stuff that's being loaded instead of a blurry texture, or am I talking out of my ass?

flat textures and wireframes are almost identical in terms of CPU penalty.
Thanks for the communication, its always great to know that you know.
Why ..oh why...does there need to be in every league some tech issues drama....?

I am happy about the polished league mechanic... but that texture streaming thing ... that feels bad executed. I don't have such an experience in any other game I can remember

I'm sorry for beeing not really amused about it
Sad that even with the extra time testing and all that jazz, crap like this still keeps happening league after league.
The game was playable with my old PC which was very low end (G5400, 8Gb RAM, 5850 1GB), so it must be for very, very, very low end PC.

Now, i have Ryzen 3600, 32GB and 3060TI, all seems to run fine, but we have crappy load effect when entering a level (or at least towns and hideout), and there was not before.

Get rid of this sh*t or AT LEAST make it optional, thanks.
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Jan 28, 2021, 2:08:57 PM
Hopefully you continue improving this system or find/develop one that works better because i feel like im losing more frames this league than i ever have before in PoE! I appreciate you trying to fix FPS as it is a MASSIVE problem (still) even with this "new" system.. I still drop to around 10 fps during a red maps Ritual.. I have a 4GB VRAM card and im playing with everything off or on low and at a lower resolution than my actual monitor to help fps and its still around 10-15 fps in red maps :'(
I am having no performance issues at all.

Actually, PoE never was so smoothly to me as in this patch.

Two characters 92 and 94 in RHC and so far so good for now. No crash, no lag, no fps spikes.

Performance is perfect fine for me. Ty CHris!
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Jan 28, 2021, 2:27:27 PM
Thanks for the info!
Here's to hoping I can still play the game for the near future with this laptop of mine, since I doubt I'll be able to upgrade it further for now...
I understand the concept of loading a texture atlas ahead of time. Often it's done during the loading period and there are games which load the entire map before starting which works perfectly fine.

The trade off is a longer loading period for those high quality texture pre-loads.

However I should not be seeing this "streaming" effect on an m.2 960 Pro NVMe. We know this. In fact with 6GB of VRAM you could load the high quality textures of each map on every map and I'd probably notice at worst a 1 second extra load time.

So why was it done this way and why is your engine loading all textures on the fly in the first place?
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info