[3.14] Immune and Tanky: CI Soulrend/Bane Occultist [Starter, Cheap, End-Game Viable, SSF, HC]

How would I league start this i see notthing referring to it in the PoB
"
How would I league start this i see notthing referring to it in the PoB

Campaign doesn't really matter a lot, play any caster leveling skill until you can play bane or soulrend and you should be fine. In the PoB you can see the first section Level 50 to point you in the right direction in the tree, you can pick up soulrend the second you can equip it, but it might be a good idea to continue playing a standard leveling skill until you reach 50.
Can you check for easy improvements on my build? Thanks! Kinda need more bang for reliable ultimatums. Gonna put my next ex on corrupted blood immunity.
Last edited by Gaearawr on Apr 30, 2021, 7:50:49 PM
Hi Tarekis,

Thankyou for a great build with well explained and accurate detail.

I am currently on level 83. Soulrend and bane are really poppin' now.

One thing I am unsure about, every so often I will come across a monster that puts my energy shield into free-fall, and using my flasks does not help stop this.

Have you come across the same issue?

Thanx,

Caged_Raged

"
Caged_Rage wrote:
Hi Tarekis,

One thing I am unsure about, every so often I will come across a monster that puts my energy shield into free-fall, and using my flasks does not help stop this.

Thanx,

Caged_Raged

It's probably Corrupted Blood, since I think that is what kills me as well in t14-16. Im gonna invest in The Golden Rule corrupted with immunity to corrupted blood. I went with a non corrupted since thats only 1c vs 1+ex.
Yeah, will invest in a The Golden Rule with immunity to corrupted blood as well.

Can we die from poison over time?

I guess the 'of curing' flask helps stop this.

Last edited by Caged_Rage on May 2, 2021, 11:05:22 PM
"
Gaearawr wrote:
Can you check for easy improvements on my build? Thanks! Kinda need more bang for reliable ultimatums. Gonna put my next ex on corrupted blood immunity.

What character are you talking about, I'm having troubles finding a character that runs this build, not sure what exactly I can help you with, sorry.

"
Caged_Rage wrote:
Hi Tarekis,

Thanx,

Caged_Raged

Gaearawr is very probably right, Corrupted Blood, it is since 3.14 the only DoT that poses a thread to this build, as it was removed from bleed immunity. And for your question about Poison: Your Apep's Supremacy actually utilized the poison, and gives you buffs, anyways Poison deals Chaos damage and you are immune to it with CI anyways :)
I'm struggling a bit with the build. My damage feels pretty bad for the odd yellow mob, bosses and harvest mobs. I also don't feel very tanky, sitting at 78,79 max res, 8k ES and also rocking vaal discipline as my oh crap button.
Had the same flask setup spamming 1,2,3,4,5 but something just feels off. A mix between slow cast speed and needing to cast occassionally 3 times to kill an enemy.

My POB shows 691k DPS, which is only about 180k short of yours, I can't imagine a huge surge of clearing speed.. not sure what's the matter currently with it.

Also I got 1 shot by the Uber lab last boss once which was annoying.

Super fun build though while leveling felt great. Maps are fine generally, haven't done above 12 yet, but the ultimatums and bosses occassionally get me.
Last edited by Turtlesaur on May 6, 2021, 7:46:13 PM
I am not that familiar with CI and exactly how it works but how can you run CI so soon when you level up? Are you suppose to equip ES gear almost immediately? can you survive? :O
"
Turtlesaur wrote:
I'm struggling a bit with the build. My damage feels pretty bad for the odd yellow mob, bosses and harvest mobs. I also don't feel very tanky, sitting at 78,79 max res, 8k ES and also rocking vaal discipline as my oh crap button.
Had the same flask setup spamming 1,2,3,4,5 but something just feels off. A mix between slow cast speed and needing to cast occassionally 3 times to kill an enemy.

My POB shows 691k DPS, which is only about 180k short of yours, I can't imagine a huge surge of clearing speed.. not sure what's the matter currently with it.

Also I got 1 shot by the Uber lab last boss once which was annoying.

Super fun build though while leveling felt great. Maps are fine generally, haven't done above 12 yet, but the ultimatums and bosses occassionally get me.

I can't really look into this anymore since your character has no gear any more if I see that correctly, but I reckon it could be because you are missing an important damage cluster in the bottom right and instead have a mediocre cluster in the top left allocated, and you have no cluster jewel, but maybe you just sold it. Anyways, this build's single target is not really outstanding, and especially with the DoT mechanic I get why it can feel a bit clumsy sometimes, not sure what exactly the problem was.
It's hard to make a good guess on what was the problem with survivability now tho, I personally never had a problem with it until I faced Minotaur and Sirius, mainly because I rely on facetanking everything, which well doesn't work for everything, any other T16 map was fine for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info