[3.14] Immune and Tanky: CI Soulrend/Bane Occultist [Starter, Cheap, End-Game Viable, SSF, HC]

"
jonapaloma wrote:
I am not that familiar with CI and exactly how it works but how can you run CI so soon when you level up? Are you suppose to equip ES gear almost immediately? can you survive? :O

Personally, I play something like a hybrid until about the point I hit 4k ES, if you like to play it safe wait until you have 6k ES, then you can pretty safely skill CI.
"
Tarekis wrote:

I can't really look into this anymore since your character has no gear any more if I see that correctly, but I reckon it could be because you are missing an important damage cluster in the bottom right and instead have a mediocre cluster in the top left allocated, and you have no cluster jewel, but maybe you just sold it. Anyways, this build's single target is not really outstanding, and especially with the DoT mechanic I get why it can feel a bit clumsy sometimes, not sure what exactly the problem was.

Hey, can you help me understand character build better? I suppose the "mediocre" top left dmg cluster is the Corruption cluster while the "important" one is Method to the Madness. But why is Corruption mediocre? Looking at it it has 25% while MtM has 22% increased chaos dmg. The rest of the corruption cluster gives 32% total chaos dmg while MtM gives only 8% and 12% chaos DoT for a total of 20% So for me it looks like 57% for Corruption cluster vs 42% for MtM (part of which won't apply to Soulrend direct dmg) which makes Corruption better so i would probably do the same mistake. What makes MtM superior to Corruption?
Last edited by Lord_Yanaek on May 17, 2021, 5:31:25 PM
"
Lord_Yanaek wrote:
"
Tarekis wrote:

I can't really look into this anymore since your character has no gear any more if I see that correctly, but I reckon it could be because you are missing an important damage cluster in the bottom right and instead have a mediocre cluster in the top left allocated, and you have no cluster jewel, but maybe you just sold it. Anyways, this build's single target is not really outstanding, and especially with the DoT mechanic I get why it can feel a bit clumsy sometimes, not sure what exactly the problem was.

Hey, can you help me understand character build better? I suppose the "mediocre" top left dmg cluster is the Corruption cluster while the "important" one is Method to the Madness. But why is Corruption mediocre? Looking at it it has 25% while MtM has 22% increased chaos dmg. The rest of the corruption cluster gives 32% total chaos dmg while MtM gives only 8% and 12% chaos DoT for a total of 20% So for me it looks like 57% for Corruption cluster vs 42% for MtM (part of which won't apply to Soulrend direct dmg) which makes Corruption better so i would probably do the same mistake. What makes MtM superior to Corruption?

That's quite simple, the CDoT Multipler nodes are important in that cluster, not the notable, that multipler just beats everything but "more" mods. With the current PoB the MtM wheel gives +1.7% combined damage per node on average, the corruption wheel gives +0.9% per node on average, and it is not on the intended skill path. This changes tho, when you go for a double cluter jewel setup if you can get all the jewels, then you remove most of the bottom right skills and get a set of cluster jewels instead just left of the corruption cluster, an example of that is shown in one of the PoB trees, then it's worthwile to get the cluster, but that is also the most expensive option.
Great build mate. Just starting using it and feels nice.

I opted to the double cluster version since it looks to bring more DMG overall whilst maintaining the same defences.

Bandits and Pantheon ???
Would you consider an Iolite Rare Ring instead of a moonstone? I feel that if you can cap easily with boots/helmet/gloves a Iolite can give a nice addition to damage.
What is the purpose of the Exposure Therapy notable on the medium cluster jewels? It seems that another skill would be better since we have Chaos Innoculation. Am I missing something unintuitive about the description of "+30% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time"?
"
TeXpla wrote:
Would you consider an Iolite Rare Ring instead of a moonstone? I feel that if you can cap easily with boots/helmet/gloves a Iolite can give a nice addition to damage.

Sure, if you think it fits in your build why not, it's a small nuance to the build, it's not gonna drastically change it anyways.

"
Shikano wrote:
What is the purpose of the Exposure Therapy notable
on the medium cluster jewels? It seems that another skill would be better since we have Chaos Innoculation. Am I missing something unintuitive about the description of "+30% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time"?

Nope, you're just focusing on the wrong modifier on that node, you can totally ignore that stat, the CDoT multipler is just the best modifier after "more damage". If you could get Brush with Death twice that would be the one to get then lol.

"
iGreves wrote:
Bandits and Pantheon ???

That's stated in the PoB, I guess you can't build without it anyways, but it's 2 passives, and Lunaris and Abberath are recommended.
"
Nope, you're just focusing on the wrong modifier on that node, you can totally ignore that stat, the CDoT multipler is just the best modifier after "more damage". If you could get Brush with Death twice that would be the one to get then lol.

Gotcha. I went with Brush with Death/Vile Reinvigoration instead as it also provides some more energy shield and regeneration. I don't know the DOT formula, but I have to assume that given you suggest going for Exposure Therapy over Vile Reinvigoration that the 8% DOT multiplier is more valuable than the 24% DOT damage increase.

EDIT: After checking path of building the difference turns out to be ~6K dps and Vile Reinvigoration gives that extra energy shield so I'm going to keep it. :)
Last edited by Shikano on Jun 9, 2021, 1:01:51 PM
Thank you <3

Nice build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info