[3.14] Immune and Tanky: CI Soulrend/Bane Occultist [Starter, Cheap, End-Game Viable, SSF, HC]

"
Rick_ASAnchez wrote:
As i have Crown of the Inward Eye Prophet Crown with soulrend enchant( one of the items i was planing to get ) , i think i will anoint either corruption or faith of steel , as with the theme of the build , i will go probably go for faith of steel as it is defensive , at the moment i have
Sanctum of Thought for that reduction on critical stikes ,
Transcendent Mind Cobalt Jewel is too expensive at the moment , but i if it helps the build , i will obviously need to get it

Yep, those anoints also make sense to me :)
You best try it out in PoB but it's one of the best damage options, it's just pretty expensive and hard to fit in, since you need to either free up a jewel slot or get "Poison on hit" or "Onslaught on kill" from somewhere else, e.g. a wand, but then you probably have to drop some other mod.
I currently have Onslaught on weapon .

Well i can take 2 notes of from the 8 cluster jewels and get the socket under mind over matter . Would including Septic Spells in cluster jewel help ?

There is also the option of inspired learning to get some buffs from rare enemies or put another jewel to increase my energy shield , res or any other stuff i guess

Last edited by Rick_ASAnchez on Feb 19, 2021, 6:32:14 AM
Why are u using 3 curse ? In your POB u don't have whisper of doom
"
Why are u using 3 curse ? In your POB u don't have whisper of doom

It's either Despair + Temporal Chains or Despair + Enfeeble, depending on your taste, there's a small comment in the PoB and it's explained in the gem links section in the forum post, I hope that clears it up :)
"
Rick_ASAnchez wrote:
I currently have Onslaught on weapon .

Well i can take 2 notes of from the 8 cluster jewels and get the socket under mind over matter . Would including Septic Spells in cluster jewel help ?

There is also the option of inspired learning to get some buffs from rare enemies or put another jewel to increase my energy shield , res or any other stuff i guess

I don't think Septic Spells is worth it, you can skill the node under CI to get flat poison on hit instead of with a jewel if your skill points allow it. For Medium Cluster jewels I'd use the same ones every time, and for small ones Spring Back is a very nice one, flat ES gets less effective if you stack only that obviously, and the recharge delay bonus is really lovely.

To be honest, I wouldn't exactly recommend Inspired Learning, such as that I would also not recommend a Headhunter. They are both of course very powerful items, but you can fit those items in every build at all times, there's always space for those if you can afford them.
Hello Tarekis and thank you for your very interesting guide.
I am currently in yellow maps and feel such power that red maps will not be a problem.
But I'm a little confused about a "Wicked Ward" passive and wondering if there is an alternate option (on cluster jewel for example).
It seems to me that I die faster when I take this passive, when the energy is not starting up fast enough.
I have some currency, so what would you recommend as a third option on the large cluster jewel ?
Thanks for reading
Is there a way to implement a melee weapon into this build instead of a wand? And if so what would you reccomend?
I think I'm gonna try this build x) It looks interesting and I always wanted to play with CI and chaos damage! (But never got to do it)

How are you doing by now with it?
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
*Accidental post*
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Mar 5, 2021, 9:17:28 AM
"
christpoe wrote:
Hello Tarekis and thank you for your very interesting guide.
I am currently in yellow maps and feel such power that red maps will not be a problem.
But I'm a little confused about a "Wicked Ward" passive and wondering if there is an alternate option (on cluster jewel for example).
It seems to me that I die faster when I take this passive, when the energy is not starting up fast enough.
I have some currency, so what would you recommend as a third option on the large cluster jewel ?
Thanks for reading

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Wicked Ward doesn't really change how much you regenerate, or how fast, but it does no longer interrupt the recharge if you get hit while recharging. This is a core element of the defensives of this build, as you can imagine it's rather horrible if you just started recharging, get hit once and have to wait again, it's preventing exactly that.
If you get a good apep's role, and the tree nodes your recharge should be very fast, IIRC 1.2 sec, combined with evasion and dodge from flasks it generally starts even in fights withou you having to get out of it for a second.

What do you mean with the third option on the cluster jewel? Meaningful notables are limited to two, so don't really worry about it, if you can get any other mod, like attributes/strength/resistances those are worthwile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info