[3.14] Viper Strike Poison Pathfinder - League Start and Endgame Guide

"
Hi! Following this guide right now, you say around Act 3 to run the Despair + Malevolence combo, but if I do that, I can't get more than 1 or 2 viper strikes in before I'm spamming mana flasks. Should I be getting more mana on my gear?

Unfortunately without twink gear like a Thief's Torment or running 2x Praxis rings for the - mana cost, you will need to "spam" mana flasks while leveling. That or get some mana leech from the passive tree / on your gear. You can also self cast Despair if you want a bit more mana and just run Malevolence while leveling until you can get the -mana cost craft on your rings / the replica conqueror's efficiency to make Viper Strike low cost.
"
Hi! Following this guide right now, you say around Act 3 to run the Despair + Malevolence combo, but if I do that, I can't get more than 1 or 2 viper strikes in before I'm spamming mana flasks. Should I be getting more mana on my gear?

I feel like u shouldnt level that build with melee at all. Just level it ranged with TR/CA and respec around 16 Points once you hit blood aqueducts. Its faster, more reliable and more damage than Viper Strike.
"
Vennto wrote:
"

I feel like u shouldnt level that build with melee at all. Just level it ranged with TR/CA and respec around 16 Points once you hit blood aqueducts. Its faster, more reliable and more damage than Viper Strike.

Ya fair enough, Toxic Rain/Caustic Arrow is definitely the meta right now so you can for sure go that route and just swap in Viper Strike later once you have the Master Toxicist Ascendancy node. I know some people like to level a skill from start to finish so this guide would be more for those people.
Last edited by Delphinol on Apr 14, 2021, 7:13:34 PM
Hey im trying out your build. Any tips on the claw upgrades after wasps? thank you :)
Great job on the build man! Really appreciate your detailed explanation and I'm running the build smoothly on the first white maps.
How do we manage the flesh and stone nerf (now 35% instead of 25)? Do we just run herald of agony and Malevolence without circle of nostalgia right?
Thanks for your time!
Last edited by XxKadenzaxX on Apr 20, 2021, 7:02:45 PM
"
hellspeeder5 wrote:
Hey im trying out your build. Any tips on the claw upgrades after wasps? thank you :)

I am currently playing my viper strike character in 3.14 as well and struggling a bit for claw upgrades. I will make an update post soon but it doesn't look good for crafted claws in 3.14 since they got rid of the Elder mod for 60% of poisons do 100% damage. I would recommend an Elder Imperial or Noble claw base with Attack Speed and the new damage over time multiplier for poison inflicted with this weapon (50%+) and an open prefix on them as well to craft "to chaos damage over time multiplier" from the crafting bench.

After those mods, increased damage with poison, added chaos damage, increased phys damage are all good mods.
"
XxKadenzaxX wrote:
Great job on the build man! Really appreciate your detailed explanation and I'm running the build smoothly on the first white maps.
How do we manage the flesh and stone nerf (now 35% instead of 25)? Do we just run herald of agony and Malevolence without circle of nostalgia right?
Thanks for your time!

Yeah the flesh and stone nerf kinda sucks for us. Right now I am running Malevolence + Herald of Agony + Enlighten (lvl 3) + Aspect of the Spider (from Fenumus Weave) and it leaves me with 1-2% unreserved mana.

TBH I would avoid flesh and stone now and just focus on rushing a Redeemer-influenced chest with the "Nearby enemies are blinded" mod as that single mod replaces the entire Flesh and Stone gem (and saves us 35% mana reservation).

Hope that helps!
Hi there, thanks for the guide, i picked some good ideas !

Any thoughts about unspeakable gift for the cluster ?

Thanks for your time.
Great Guide! Thank you for that! Very good intro on how to calculate the damage. It helped me understand the process of making poison builds. Looking forward to your 3.14 updates on this guide. Keep up the good work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info