[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
ZLATORUK wrote:
Chromino, thank you so much for the build and answers that you provide to me.

I am upgraded part of gear, and now i feel more tanky, staying alive most of all waves in ultimatum (red maps).

I still missing some parts (iron reflex lords, and grace due this, same as Aul because i doesn't have Grace and Iron Reflex armour)

I am currently running with 3 heralds (agony, purity, fire) mostly just to reserve my mana and gaining additional bonuses from ascendancy...And i am wondering, Heralds do not benefit each other? So Purity & Fire heralds doesn't not give any profit for Agony Crawler/Spiders? If so, what to next, remove Purity/Fire heralds, and maybe take in Arctic Armour aura? Both Heralds (Fire and Purity) now reserves 34% of mana in sum. Third - Agony takes 20.92%. Also using Determination 13.44% & Discipline 29.57% ofcourse that reserves in total = 43.01% So i can't take Hatred even if i will remove both - HoP and HoF...

I feel that i doesn't have "great" damage, sure it because lack of correct clusters (have only one big, and one medium wit cult leader and invigorating)

Thanks in advance! Build is great, really.

I’m not sure how you possibly have that much mana free. I checked your character to see what’s up. That didn’t shed much light as you are running two circles of nostalgia with just 19% reduction so not even max there. There is no way HoAG should be reserving just 20% of your mana six linked. I can’t check your jewels but unless you diverged from the tree and picked up a ton or RMR somewhere that doesn’t make sense. Also, you have a life flask.
Hey Chromino,

I don't understand the huge value of the aul's amulet + iron reflexes.

Why do we need the big armor boost if we could already be 90% pdr without it? Is there any more benefit for more armor after 90% except a higher molten shell value? Are there more snygeries that I don't see right now?

In my opinion I have more problem with offensive then defensive in this build and so I bought:

A good tradeoff? What should I look for or on the skin of the lords now? Phase Acrobatics?

I'm still waiting for a good vulnerability on hit ring to take whispers of doom and there are no good megalomaniac around... searching all the time.

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions (:
Last edited by Robale on Apr 27, 2021, 8:36:39 AM
"
Robale wrote:
Hey Chromino,

I don't understand the huge value of the aul's amulet + iron reflexes.

Why do we need the big armor boost if we could already be 90% pdr without it? Is there any more benefit for more armor after 90% except a higher molten shell value? Are there more snygeries that I don't see right now?

In my opinion I have more problem with offensive then defensive in this build and so I bought:

A good tradeoff? What should I look for or on the skin of the lords now? Phase Acrobatics?

I'm still waiting for a good vulnerability on hit ring to take whispers of doom and there are no good megalomaniac around... searching all the time.

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions (:

Hey Robale,

the amulett is a very high buff of damage as you say! Very nice!

I would opine, poe is a lot about balance. When you are not experienced much or want to go for level 98-100, a bit more defensive set-up or the definitive defensive edition is best. Grace combined with iron reflexes and buffed with a good flask-setup you get even 157000 armour, 3140 es on block and facetank almost everything and there is alot physical damage in the gmae.

But like you say, this damage is also a bit slow and low in delirium t18 or last fight with maven, there the offensive edition is recommended and charming more.

Instead until level 97 or 98 or when you know the mechanics and attacks of the bosses, the offensive edition is great and you can take the damage amulett in or a hatred amulett.

For level 98-100 there is every 50 maps or in high heists this one mob or map-mods-buffed boss which can kill you too fast, and then the grace amulett is tankier when you do T17-T18 maps and never, never want to be killed.

Until level 97, 98 or when you are experienced the offensive edition is already extreme tanky and you can map faster with offensive clusters and amulett and skills.

Armour has dimishing returns, so the 90% physical damagereduction of 70000 armour for example is only for small hits. You need 10x the armour of the hit to get reliable 50% pdr for example. To facetank sirus critting meteor without frostshield or t18 delirium boss with 3 multiple damage-mods without molten shell take grace and iron reflexes for 140000 armour or when you are sometimes to lazy to use all flasks or tank some other stuff more, hehe! ;-)

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Armour

With 3x damagemods in maps or crits the armour of 110000 or 140000 is much better than only 70000. Es on block is raised much too. But in lower content or when you move a lot and kite some big hits, I would guess lower armour is enough. For facetanking 140000 armour is much more tanky than 70000 armour and you heal up faster.

For full 10000 molten shell we need only 50000 armour.

Yes, wait until you get a good tripple combo on unique medium clusters, before the rare clusters are fine too!

Phase Acrobatic is until level 98 very fine too and very, very tanky.
In level 98 - 100 or in T16 and higher maps you recognize, that iron reflexes offers better tankyness and substain and when you combine it with blindings it's raising your ehp extreme.

So balance out defences and damage as you prefer! When you die too often in level 99, take a look for the defensive edition. Before take what you want!

Thank you too a lot too! :-)
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 27, 2021, 12:22:15 PM
Aaaand I'm dead. RIPped to a Sirius 6. Logout into a off-screen die beam. Shame, just lucked in the 1st Aul and got the grace amulet.

Notes for future - do run more dmg earlier, to make fights much shorter- some bosses will get you in the end when you let them try long enough..

Hi Chromino,

I was following this guide which is a really in depth guide, and lovely, but unfortunately i got stuck. Don't get me wrong, I can still kill easily with the current build I have, I just don't know how should I progress from this point.

I want to go for the offensive 55 variant and I came to a point where the items i should change are really expensive. I could get some of them, i have around 6 ex, but i cant decide where to start.

Could you please take a look at my progress and tell me a buy order and when can I change the passive tree?

current build:
https://pastebin.com/eVLLhPUk

Thanks in advance!
Hi Chromino,
I have 3 blue, 2 green and 1 red slot in armor. What games to put in?
can someone help me , i cannot summon herald of agony .

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/devilmasks

character : Poisedon_Ultimatum
cast when stunned is so bad for ultimatums. Don't really recommend this build for this league since its overly expensive and still dies to ultimatum.
Hello Again Chromino, so at last I managed to buy the core items in hardcore as in hardcore the prices are way higher, you can find an item in softcore for 10C while in hardcore it may be 1ex!

I try my best to read more of your guide by day as you have too many informations that its hard to catch up with all, specially when it comes to someone like me that didn't finish all the game contents.

I am learning so much from you so thanks.

I have few small questions

1- when we go cyclone aka melee, we can use fortify, so when we go caster we skip fortify?

2- which set up do you recommend for Ultimatum? I mean which skill the player should use? Ulti is so danger for many builds, but I think cyclone is better as I can move attacking? so far I don't attack I just run with withering step and let the spider do the whole work but I am still too early ( I say I think because I didn't get to do them in my Templar because of the bad start, I only did them in my other characters and many of them died sadly due to dc, a 2 second dc killed some of my characters as they can't stand 2 seconds afk, while in Templar I think the more armor I will get the better survive I will get against them specially that we are CI so poison does nothing to us.)

3- We can't have the items you guy have in SC so easily so for some of them I will need to do the content and it will take time, so as example

A- Aul uprising (none sell it in hardcore) so I am using a yellow amulet for stats right now, but would you recommend anything for me?

B- Megalomaniac (forget that we get such thing as the quantity is so small that finding a node we need is so hard), from reading I understand that we need to deal with ailement so this is why we make the ignite go to you said 0% but I counted it 30+50+15 = 95% so is it fine?

3- I didn't understand the Lion Roar flask, why do we use it in our set up? as far as i know it will work with cyclone, is that how you use it?

4- Right now I use ice nova (no link) am I suppose to use lightning ball with the links in your POB? to poison enemies? for HOA

5- as I am leveling my herald I am still not using it, but as I can see I don't think I will have the mana for it, I have one ring with -17% reserve+the tree nodes, and I just got cluster line for - deter aura reserve, will it be enough?

6- my armor is 2b 2g 2r, do you recommend me to go for maim+ phantasm+ pierce+ minion damage + empower (I don't have empower yet so damage on full life till i get level 3 one as I can't get level 4 so expensive)

7- due to the hardcore prices and quanitity I won't be able to get many of the jewels so I won't be able to get more than 5k ES for the time being, so what do you recommend me to avoid, I will take so much time to reach the 6k or 7k to beging with, so I don't expect myself to hit 9k.

8- are all the curses we use from corrupt? because as I mentioned in hardcore we don't have the luxery, I can't get that on items any time soon, so should I skip the nodes for 2 curses? or do we use any casted curse by ourself or any recommendation for people like me without corrupt curse lines?

9- my last question it is actually a continue to the ultimatum part, what do we need to ensure we survive that because its the killer of HC characters this league (and many times in happens in a dc)

I am sorry for asking much, I am sure I have more questions but this is what I have for now

Thanks a lot for your work
Last edited by BlightBoy17 on Apr 28, 2021, 12:29:21 AM
Hey guys,

Probably a noob question, but I'm trying this build, buying the equipment as I go. Right now I'm at lvl 51, with a Skin of the Loyal with HoA equiped, and HoA isn't proccing when I use the suggested ball lightning + poison + GMP + Spell Echo.

I tried to swap to a wand and use kinetic blast + poison, and sure enough, HoA gets activated (and incidentally, mows down everything. Good stuff). Any ideas of what am I doing wrong with the activation here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info