[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
4nthraxx wrote:
I made massive mistake of starting the league in HC with it and I'm struggling a lot.

Is there a list of upgrade priorities somewhere here to feel a bit tankier? The problem is everything costs 2+ex and I have no way to farm Ultimatums w/o risking too much..

Sitting at 3k life 2k es, whooping 133 armor so determination makes no sense yet, I'm using discipline for now. 60/30 block.

The damage feels OK (maim replacing empower as the 6th link), but the squishiness is real..

Help me before I rip, please ;)

Hi 4nthraxx,

I am not experienced in hc, but perhaps the following defensive skills are in hc fine too:

enchant your normal quicksilver flask or take it out
take granite flask + 3000 armour or jade +3000 evasion
take Grace and vaal grace
eventually shieldcharge & fortify for dr, but it works only melee and charging is perhaps to long/ not optimal
you need somewhere substain like leech or on block

Do you have a chance to poison with added chaos damage/ physical damage? Do you get the virulences for HoA? -- Or take "lesser poison support" instead "poison support".

Most important gear is listed and ranked in "tipps for starting".

For defences memory vault and aegis aurora, for damage arakaali's fang.

Here are the cheaper tradings copied for softcore in the moment, boots are very cheap in sc too:

Spoiler

- change one quicksilver flask to a granite or stibnite flask

Most easy upgrades for your defensive skills are to use vaal discipline and vaal grace. Also when you still not have enough mana for the auras, use the vaal skills solely. 1 chaos or vaal yourself:

A stygian belt and a jewel with minion chance to blind are very effective with 20 spiders, you can insert the jewel also first in your tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/OLn9LguE

In these days of trade and league good and not expensive gear-upgrades are in sc:

1) Skin of the loyals, 5 correct socket colours around 20 chaos:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/rRMQvRCQ

Best balanced 30 chaos:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/jYJg2XhX

2) get a stygian belt with es, lightning/ cold resistance, mana (or dex), eventually empty modifiers to craft

with mana around 2 chaos:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/E9YQJ3ZI5

With armour around 10 chaos:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/zMjWGjvC4

with dex around 1 exalted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/qZvDmpdfg

3) get 2x circle of nostalgia:

only with 20% less mana reserved around 10 chaos each: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/kPvnLns5

with HoA damage 1.2 exalt today: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/lgOrPX0TV

- with the circle of nostalgia change lesser poison to poison support

4) For blocking, as long as you don't have the blue nightmare, get rumi's concoction granite flask 35 chaos or beastcraft it (unique flask recipe) in Einhar's menagerie:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/Z6o8CQ

- you can benefit only 1x from +3000 armour, change the other granite flask for jade, stibnite or a flask you prefer

Mmmhmmm, I hope the best. For levelling and hc I am missing a lot experiences. With shield, helmet, and armour it's getting extreme tanky, but before I don't know much fast tipps.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 22, 2021, 3:02:45 PM
Woo so far so good today, been mapping and did uber lab with ease. Loving the peace of mind.

I don't know if I saw it in the mana management section but for people looking for some cheaper alternatives for amulets, you can get reduced reservation for discipline on them and some stats for cheap.
I have added poison on a jewel, so yeah, HoA is online.

I feel like flasks / more armor / vaal grace won't do much if I'm so low on es. I'll try though... thanks for the tips.
"
Chromino wrote:

All tipps for raising spiders in all situations are in the spoiler "blizzard" and in "FAQ" examples for keybindings.

Sometimes Einhar or Heist members are faster killing the flying worms, but with 2x desecrate, then fast writhing jar, then fast ice nova or frostblink it is most easy.

Zoom into to see the worms lifting off, in this moment frostblink or ice/ shock nova. It is not difficult, but you have to use the keybuttons fast.

And like Schnubbel writes.

Thanks Chromino and Schnubbel.

I see why you have a section on keybinds. I will need to practice to find a system that suits me. At the moment I have Molten Shell on left, Ball lightning on right, ice nova on mouse wheel.

On all my previous builds I have had Q and W for panic skills, and D for movement. They are so ingrained now, that I don't think I could change them! :-)
"
4nthraxx wrote:
I made massive mistake of starting the league in HC with it and I'm struggling a lot.

Is there a list of upgrade priorities somewhere here to feel a bit tankier? The problem is everything costs 2+ex and I have no way to farm Ultimatums w/o risking too much..

Sitting at 3k life 2k es, whooping 133 armor so determination makes no sense yet, I'm using discipline for now. 60/30 block.

The damage feels OK (maim replacing empower as the 6th link), but the squishiness is real..

Help me before I rip, please ;)

One of the issues is, you took radiant faith with no armor or having memory vault.....These seems to be the biggest problem is people are taking Radiant faith without the memory vault or running determention or having the high amount armor for the ES to work in your favor...Take bastion of hope....Just straight better for defensives or unwavering crusade for more minion dmg and cant be stunned. Your running hatred, but no EE for conversion. So DROP hatred and add vitality. Your boots are fine, but could drop fortify and running feeding frenzy more dmg. You have two sockets in ur gloves, so might wantto spend 1c and get pair with 4 sockets. Drop poison and use lesser poison for now and drop GMP and run culling strike. Your shield you have LMP, withering touch, and disicpline.....Drop LMP and withering touch and run tempest shield and put molten shell in there. for 10c you can buy weapon with the craft trigger socket spells with 8 second cooldown for 10c on HC ult and put desecrate, spirit offering and either poachers makr or snipers mark. Also you should of taken Minion nodes along the way because your using the cluster tree it seems Chromio set up, but you dont have them and ur miniosn rarely do dmg, take a look at my tree.....drop Maim and run Predator support. You have x3 jewels with chaos dmg.....drop all of those put in life and or es jewels, lesser poison is just way better for you to use right now
Last edited by Rodneyking on Apr 22, 2021, 6:07:52 PM
Thank you very much for the reply, but i still dont feel the build, tankiness is okay but still dying at tribute, Boss dmg is meh and overall dont know what item would give more dmg? im currently lvl 94 and missing the body armor + aul = tankiness, but how do i get so much dmg?

https://pastebin.com/bepH61D6

What should i improve ? hmm
"
4nthraxx wrote:
I have added poison on a jewel, so yeah, HoA is online.

I feel like flasks / more armor / vaal grace won't do much if I'm so low on es. I'll try though... thanks for the tips.

Not sure if this build is viable in HC. Without some gear if feels really fragile with low damage. I played The Blockman 2 leagues ago, it has a way smother gearing experience.

BUT: This build is awesome when you start to get some gear. OK I am only mapping till t7 now, but in Ultimatums I really don't care what is the next reward, because I actually can't die. Once got somehow stuck in a T7 on a rune from Baran, surrounded by enemies. Could not cast, could not move and could not flask. I stoud there for solid 30 seconds, geting hammered on. Sure my ES drop once to 40%, but half a second and two blocks later, it was full again.

Its really is an awesome Build if you want to play relaxed PoE. For me its perfect in Ultimatum since I don't have to dodge anything. My adaptive resolution in Ultimatum drops so low, I can't even tell where the Chaos cloud (chaos immune is op), the frost orbs or the lightning circles are. I just stand there and hammer away.

My only issue is: I have sometimes a hard time to spawn spiders in fights like the maven trials. But the agony crawler will kill them sooner or later anyway.
Having some issues with the 100% defence version. We are no longer able to get 24% reduced mana res on HOA on our ring as its no longer classed as a mana mod. will that cause issues for us as im currently unable to run HOA but im still missing 1 jewel with 1% RMR.
"
2pinki2 wrote:
Having some issues with the 100% defence version. We are no longer able to get 24% reduced mana res on HOA on our ring as its no longer classed as a mana mod. will that cause issues for us as im currently unable to run HOA but im still missing 1 jewel with 1% RMR.

Looks like you are running a astramentis, try a amulet with RMR for discipline that has dex and str. How short are you on stats?
"
2pinki2 wrote:

Hi 2pinki2,

you are missing to anoint your amulet with charisma with blight oils in the Definitive defensive tank edition.

You need 2x1% rmr for skills on jewels after the nerf of mana catalysts on the circle of nostalgia too. In the spoiler "manamanagement", there at the bottom, are a lot of other possibilities to reduce mana shown or take different supports for the crawler like maim or phantasms, see spoiler "the dirty scorpion tail".

Should be no problems to get. It's a bit more tight with manareservation, but we have a lot of possibilities to get enough mana.

Last edited by Chromino on Apr 23, 2021, 1:11:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info