[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
Dubz1969 wrote:
Not gonna lie, I am UBER confused with this POB.

At what point do I switch to certain trees? I am level 95, have Aul's, 4w socket Triads, ghost shroud 3g2r1b.

There are 4 different ghost shroud variations, but lining those up with skills/equipment is a DISASTER.

Anyone want to take a look and let me know what to do?

I agree, it's very hard to connect the dots.
My guess is that when you have most of the gear and level, you start using the "FINAL TREE" that matches your need of the moment - map farming with high density, boss farming, uber boss farming.
I'd argue that the spiders from Arakaali can still be pretty useful in high density maps thanks to their super fast movements, aggro, melee splash, etc, but they are impossible to manage in long boss fights as you will just run out of flasks and boom, dead weight weapon, dead weight skills, dead weight flask.

I'm a bit less advanced than you - I only have 2 pure agony clusters, don't have the Block Attack large - but after a bit of a test run, I think I'll just entirely switch to United in Dreams. It gives me skill slots back, which is the thing I need the most, I can put a more general purpose flask with charges when hit ( so it will refill even during a boss fight ). With less damage nodes, however, and the living wall of spiders removed, I have to be a bit more wary of alpha strikes, as the scorpion has a much slower reaction time ( doesn't help when for reason X or Y like bad layout it depops ). Thankfully, with Vaal Molten Shell, Vaal Discipline, and Frost Shield in full swing, I've been able to just stay there like a lunatic, right click pressed while things are dying.

I guess you're only missing the last extra layer of defense though, the Melding of the Flesh. You'd need more mana management to fit Purity of Ice, though, and I guess from the look of it much more resistances on gear.

Otherwise, yeah... Too much information. Some of them are obsolete, like using Replica Pure Talent, or getting Corrupted Blood on Golden Rule. Not a big deal but I actually scratched my head at 0 hit on RPT in trading until I realized it had been removed from the game :D
Needs a bit of cleaning, and maybe less variants. Or just a big block of "Intended building" and then a big block of "variations" instead of having all the info interwoven :)
Hey, Arachnophilia!

Yes, sometimes poe is complex.

On page 50 in the spoiler "Updates / Changelog / to be edited" you can check what thematics the build is in the moment improving + focussing in:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

Also of course you could simply take a view into spoilers like "ailments", "checklist defences", "jewels" or "belt-jewel" for corrupted blood-advices.

So I am really, really sorry when the build is in some alternative- or former leaguestarting-set-ups not complete optimized. And in addition I know too for example; yes, it's true, 8 str are missing in one pob-tree on one cluster-transferpoint. So please take a look into "attribute requirements" for the needed recommended stats.

But for example perhaps because I already guess that the poison-minion-meta will not be continued in [3.21], perhaps because it's really not a short guide and perhaps because I am not the 24/7-all-ubers-die-in-1-div-immortal-1000M-streamer not each one of 300000 digits is daily updated. Please excuse too when I did not deleted all former variations or all new interesting attractive alternatives. 😉

So please take the "final" or "levelling"-trees, beside the "faq", the "tl;dr" and "checklists" and "composition of agony" because they are answering full 99% of all questions. Yes, I will not like other builders edit +2000 res/ attr into the pob. And yes, the greyed-out skills are concrete disabled because you need them only a few times, e.g. when you want really to touch the top rank 10 in leaderboards or for some 40/40 challenges. I try to design the build and pob like toolboxes to fit into full poe-content, individual playstyle, prefered skill-trigger and all different budgets - that has some ups like more easy guided alternatives, but also many downs like more complexity.

I also always try to optimize the build for a simply start into poe, for cheap and for medium budgets, for different individual lategame-goals and content - but for sure one set-up will never fit all and I too never choosed to try the most easy and short pob of all.

So thanks a lot and all questions are welcomed and interesting and by occasion I check the pob's and I will try to simplify the build-pob more.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 24, 2023, 2:09:17 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
Hey, Arachnophilia! (...)

Hey Chromino!

Sorry if I sounded harsh or critical of your excellent work! It really wasn't my intention. I've came back times and times again to arachnophilia and seen some major changes over the years, and I fully respect the time and sheer commitment put into making all of this. It's humbling.
I do realize it's pretty much iterative and that at some point, things are going to be too big to fully maintain. Stuff is going to go obsolete as patches kick in, gear is removed, crafting options are shifted or deleted, etc etc

And in truth, "connecting the dots" as I said earlier also comes with experience, as arachnophilia isn't really a beginner build anyway. At some point, you have to browse the options and see what could work better for you in the current economy and meta! And at least it's all interconnected, logical, and you quickly find that to improve X, you have to manage Y, which means changing Z. A puzzle! Yay !

I love that aspect of Poe and your build covers all bases it can. You got only respect from me, man :D
I mean, I achieved a lot of new things this league, new personnal best level, new bosses met, almost full atlas, and overall way, way further progression than I usually do. Thanks !

Now if I could only make up my mind about Arakaali vs United In Dream, lol. And find those pesky 10pts or so of missing resistance to switch to Melding of the Flesh :o At this point, it's dolla dolla bill, y'all.
"

"
Hey, Arachnophilia!

Wol, thank you for your response. It honestly cleared a lot up.

Chromino. I do appreciate the guide. It has been fun and gotten me further this league than any league before. However, it is still confusing at parts.

Just a recommendation, to maybe put the league numbers in front of whatever is current throughout tabs?

Because when you say "final tree" and "ghost dance variations" it really makes it hard to choose which one. I understand that they are catered to different uses and people, but maybe that would be a good thing to put in the notes tab.

Please don't take this as me bashing you, I truly am not. Seems that quite a few people are confused by it, so just trying to help out!

Thank you again.
"
Dubz1969 wrote:
"

"
Hey, Arachnophilia!

Wol, thank you for your response. It honestly cleared a lot up.

Chromino. I do appreciate the guide. It has been fun and gotten me further this league than any league before. However, it is still confusing at parts.

Just a recommendation, to maybe put the league numbers in front of whatever is current throughout tabs?

Because when you say "final tree" and "ghost dance variations" it really makes it hard to choose which one. I understand that they are catered to different uses and people, but maybe that would be a good thing to put in the notes tab.

Please don't take this as me bashing you, I truly am not. Seems that quite a few people are confused by it, so just trying to help out!

Thank you again.

Thank you Dubz1969!

And thank you for the advice. Yes, sometimes it's not possible to get the best out of 2 possibilities like a short easy guide for leaguestarting and a build planned for specializations and individualizations.

So I tried to improve some details.

In the item-tabs some titeles were already named like "Not recommended since 3.16"

I reordered the trees, now the variations are placed scrolling up.

The Levelling Trees are positioned now just above the final trees and the high budget trees. Some of the almost never used trees I deleted - but some remain, there were many leagues with 60 exalts for a endgame-Skin of the lords, and in leaguestart you sometimes do not got a Skin, so it's nice to know alternatives with lower budget.

I updated also the pob-notes and renamed some titles in the tree-tab:

Combinate everytime the trees with the pairing itemtab and skilltab

1) Levelling Trees with item tab "Levelling Items" and skill tab "Levelling skills lvl 1-70"

2) Tree Lvl 90 before Aul's uprising & item tab Lvl 90 before Aul's uprising and the skill-tab "final gems"

3) Final Trees with the item tab "Final items: United in dreams" and the skill-tab "final gems"

4) Final Tree The Ubers with item tab "The Ubers: Uul Netol's amulet" and skill-tab "The Ubers" (enlighten instead grace, firestorm, etc.)"

When you have some advices or ideas for better organization that helps a much and is always very interesting for me.
"
Dubz1969 wrote:

Take the "final tree multitarget" and for bossing the "final tree singletarget".
Take the item-tab "Final items: United in dreams"

You need to build up your HoA-level with a gem "awakened minion damage" (20 chaos) and try later to get an empower lvl 4 (5 div).

On your belt-jewel is the good corrupted blood immunity - but get one without "chance to avoid poison", you generate 12% less HoA-virulences because of missing/ avoided self-poisoning with the golden rule. Get one with resis/ dex (10-20 chaos, edit the searchfilters manually when wanted: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/BWEv9VXS8)

I guess you no longer need the 2 passives +30 str for the requirements, change them into wicked ward an the ar/es mastery increased es-recharge (or into spellblock of arcane guarding).

Use the 2 free jewel slots with ghastly jewels "minion chance to poison on hit" for more damage and resis/attr until you can almost start with a better belt (more resis, 1-2 div https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/KOLBGgMF5) and veteran defender on 1-2 large clusters (50-60 chaos, exalt-slam the cluster when possible, take veteran defender positioned at pos 1 or pos 3 https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sanctum/ogZOLGgil ) melding of the flesh also with a small cluster "pure guile" (for another +20 dex) and "self-control" again with resis + dex on the transfer-points.

Last edited by Chromino on Jan 24, 2023, 5:37:15 PM
"
Wolrajh wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
Hey, Arachnophilia! (...)

Hey Chromino!

Sorry if I sounded harsh or critical of your excellent work! It really wasn't my intention. I've came back times and times again to arachnophilia and seen some major changes over the years, and I fully respect the time and sheer commitment put into making all of this. It's humbling.
I do realize it's pretty much iterative and that at some point, things are going to be too big to fully maintain. Stuff is going to go obsolete as patches kick in, gear is removed, crafting options are shifted or deleted, etc etc

And in truth, "connecting the dots" as I said earlier also comes with experience, as arachnophilia isn't really a beginner build anyway. At some point, you have to browse the options and see what could work better for you in the current economy and meta! And at least it's all interconnected, logical, and you quickly find that to improve X, you have to manage Y, which means changing Z. A puzzle! Yay !

I love that aspect of Poe and your build covers all bases it can. You got only respect from me, man :D
I mean, I achieved a lot of new things this league, new personnal best level, new bosses met, almost full atlas, and overall way, way further progression than I usually do. Thanks !

Now if I could only make up my mind about Arakaali vs United In Dream, lol. And find those pesky 10pts or so of missing resistance to switch to Melding of the Flesh :o At this point, it's dolla dolla bill, y'all.

Hi Wolrajh,

thank you a lot too!
Hehehe, yes, you need time to learn about and balance the mechanics and mana, but then it starts to get one of the most flexible and tanky set-ups possible.

So the not needed 2x corrupted blood immunity in alternative pob's is corrected into only 1x as already guided on the belt-jewel.

So when in the moment I optimize the dps-races against the ubers, the melding of the flesh set-ups and the gear-alternatives for recovery in leaguestart before aegis aurora, there this smaller update is not forgotten. Hehe, and yes, the new leagues are always a feast with often so much new possibilities and the HoA-buffs the last 4 leagues were awesome. And I always learn to explain a bit better about the needings of the crawler.

Yes, I love the spiderswarm-playstyle too and they are still fast. But somewhere around 20M and high juiced content the scaling with United in dreams can double the damage easy.

So I wish you much fun with the crawler!
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 30, 2023, 3:20:35 PM
Hi Chromino I hope you are well! Thanks for featuring my Video in your guide its much appreciated. Just made an updated guide for it and am wondering if you could use it instead of the old one to prevent confusion or frustration of fellow exiles while following it :D

Here is the link: https://youtu.be/UY0pM52cRBQ

I hope I managed to put everything together properly as I spent over 2 weeks assembling the build to feel good according to all your information and POB's!

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Totally NOT Betta-ah xdd
"
Insaener wrote:
Hi Chromino I hope you are well! Thanks for featuring my Video in your guide its much appreciated. Just made an updated guide for it and am wondering if you could use it instead of the old one to prevent confusion or frustration of fellow exiles while following it :D

Here is the link: https://youtu.be/UY0pM52cRBQ

I hope I managed to put everything together properly as I spent over 2 weeks assembling the build to feel good according to all your information and POB's!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hi Betta-ah!

Great and well guided again!!

Very, very fine clip and I added the link at top of the build as starter-guide. Extreme tanky- and elemental-dr-focussed on optimized low budget!

When you go a bit more closely by the pob and build you easily double and tripple the damage also on low budget with more pure agony-clusters, triad grips and a second curse. It's cheap to add more cluster-slots and small clusters with winter prowler and the added clustertransfers make it more easy to use melding of the flesh. But it's already high specialized with squeezing in all the needed stats. And of course you need to exchange some of the passives like wicked ward, cult leader, es-gear, e.g. and the clusters with optimized spellblock and resis are a bit higher budget.

In lategame since the new big buffs to HoA and hexes swapping in united in dreams and the uul netol-amulet you reach now easy 40M damage - that is enough to simply dps-down some ubers like exarch or shaper and all the other ubers with some movements.

Iron Reflexes is great against physical damage dealers and ubers - but in ordinary content the missing evasion of iron reflexes has downsides and ghost dance or keystones like lethe shade are more tanky in the buffed evasion (+ molten shell + frostshield) in the allstars-auras and gear.

I come with goooood news - when you are searching for singletarget much, much better HoA-virulence-uptime as the slow winterorb it is finally disvovered.
I have bad news too. It's firestorm. 😉

Try out divergent storm burst (lvl1) - cwc - faster casting - firestorm (lvl 1).

Your set-up is great done and top optimized for the lower budget and early obtained 88% resis and teaming with the speedy spiders! Awesome!

Thank you a lot for the great video! Arachnophilia!
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 6, 2023, 8:12:30 AM
So, fun stuff : I lucked out and got meself a mageblood.

At first, I ran with immunity to freeze, bleed, shock. Then I realized that just having a big bad bismuth flask meant I could do whatever with the boots and suddenly, crafting a minimum of 53% avoidance was much, much easier since resistances were just an afterthought at this point.
Now I could grab a (surprisingly) cheap disc based watcher's eye, reorganize my tree to reach lethe's shade, ditch tempest shield and the mana reservation clusters to get some skill points and mana back, and I'm basically close to the final final tree missing only a couple Pure Agony jewelclusters and being a taaad short on ES at ~4200 with the last nodeclusters

SO I confidently entered a map with all my armour, evasion, immunities, 83% max resist and overall awesomeness...
... And got insta gibbed, lol.

Yeah. Turns out reading the mods is still a requirement, me stoopid.
~400% increased critical chances + ~100% extra physical as lightning is still very much super dangerous thank you :D

------
Anyway I'm closing in on the final build.
Still have a few questions, though.

- I've got Granite(with+%armour), Bismuth(with+%res), and Quicksilver(with bleed/cb immunity). Last one, I put a Jade by default, but I'm wondering about getting a Quartz here with +%evasion. Perma phasing and a biiiiit of suppress vs a small chunk of Evasion, thoughts ?
- I noticed your PoB is configured with 85 virulence stacks, but isn't that only attainable with no less than 9 Pure Agony ( three Voices large :o) ? With 6, it should be 70 max virulence stacks, unless I'm missing or forgetting about something :)
- To sustain spellbock when deprived of Tempest Shield, you use two mage hunter/ conjured wall large clusters. However you don't have that for the Ubers, which mean spellblock takes a bit of a dive. Isn't that concerning against the Ubers ?
- I've been testing cwc Firestorm since you mentionned it. It's nice, but the mana cost is heavy, imho. Also adds even more clutter to the screen ( pretty dangerous in sanctums hehe ). Could you elaborate on the pros ? more efficient virulence stacking ?

Thanks again for all the hard work!
Last edited by Wolrajh on Feb 2, 2023, 7:02:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info