[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
TheDeathly wrote:
"
Daemonion wrote:

So far it is okay but all i have is arakalis fang so I'm not really that tanky. The damage does feel a bit lack luster right now so I think the cluster jewels are pretty important? I'm still trying to figure out how to scale the builds damage. It's not clearing ultamatums like instantly or anything right now with just the fang.

Hi Deathly,

yes, for tankyness you still need first the helmet memory vault, the shield aegis aurora, the jewels "healthy mind" and "blue nightmare" and for damage first on medium clusters 2x- "pure agony". You are still missing almost all important basic gear, so you will improve fast with adding the gear. You are still life based and will have problems with chaos damage too before the keynote "Chaos Inocalation"

In "Tipps for levelling and gearing" you find a ranking of the managuardian gear to get. With the rare gear while levelling of course the build is not optimal and it is not an maxed speed-levelling build.
"
TheDeathly wrote:
"
Daemonion wrote:
I read the guide but I feel like I have no f****** idea what I read ..

I want it, I am sure of it, cause I am squishy hierophant currently and I hate dying in alched map ultimatum on wave 4.

Can someone recommend more noob friendly material to understand how to do this character?

I have 2 ex farmed, am lvl 84 and I am eager respeccing to stressfree godlike build - I do one char per league - is this build good decision?

So far it is okay but all i have is arakalis fang so I'm not really that tanky. The damage does feel a bit lack luster right now so I think the cluster jewels are pretty important? I'm still trying to figure out how to scale the builds damage. It's not clearing ultamatums like instantly or anything right now with just the fang.

Your gem links are out of sync . You have desecrate, spell echo, and flame dash in your boots with no spirit offering....You do not need have desecrate spell echo, two hand cast of desecrate is enough...You have summon holy relic and added fire damage in your shield, with ice nova? Seems like waste of stuff in there. You need drop radiant faith from the ascn tree.....You do not have memory vault to scale the armor more, running determention is fine, but its a waste until you get later in the game, it should be last one you get once you have the gear going. I see also you did not take CI, but running zelaots oath, so ur life reg is going to ES and then most like dying to chaos the second ur ES shield goes away because everything regen is applied to ES not health...Do not take Zelaots oath unless ur ready. No idea what's going on in ur helm with Rally cry...If you read the ascenedary for Radiant Crusade, you need five or more allies for onslaught, which you only have if you have spiders out and you need one or more allise for 10% dmg. So unless you got uyr spiders out, your not really get any of that benefit, so trying to run around and descecrate to make spiders isnt good early into the season, since your gem set ups our not correct.

Your running around I bet with very litlte 3k ES? I would either put some spectres or some zombies. You should think about running herald of purity, Dread banner ect and carrion golem. You can run zombies in 4 set up and run minion life, meat-shield raise zombie and feeding frenzy. SO right there meatshield and feeding frenzy is DPS buffs and carrion golem gives a buff and Dread Banner helps scale Agony dps and allows for impale damage. The reason Chromio late game has herald and spiders is because he can tank everything because he has the required gear. You have the dagger and that is it. I would think about taking back your Time of Hope and Radiant Faith until you get at leas thte Memory Vault and Skin of loyal. Harmony of purpose is 100% dps increase with constant frenzy charges and you get Endurance charges and Bation of hoipe is max block and immune stun. Also for 6c you can get weps with trigger socket spell right now and put in desecrate, spirit offering and either carrion golem or poachers mark for constant withering jar uptime
Last edited by Rodneyking on Apr 19, 2021, 9:57:53 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
TheDeathly wrote:
"
Daemonion wrote:

Hi Deathly,

yes, for tankyness you still need first the helmet memory vault, the shield aegis aurora, the jewels "healthy mind" and "blue nightmare" and for damage first on medium clusters 2x- "pure agony". You are still missing almost all important basic gear, so you will improve fast with adding the gear. You are still life based and will have problems with chaos damage too before the keynote "Chaos Inocalation"

In "Tipps for levelling and gearing" you find a ranking of the managuardian gear to get. With the rare gear while levelling of course the build is not optimal and it is not an maxed speed-levelling build.

Yep makes sense, I was curious what cluster nodes to take so thank you forthat!

"
Rodneyking wrote:
"
TheDeathly wrote:
"
Daemonion wrote:

I want it, I am sure of it, cause I am squishy hierophant currently and I hate dying in alched map ultimatum on wave 4.

Can someone recommend more noob friendly material to understand how to do this character?

I have 2 ex farmed, am lvl 84 and I am eager respeccing to stressfree godlike build - I do one char per league - is this build good decision?

Your gem links are out of sync . You have desecrate, spell echo, and flame dash in your boots with no spirit offering....You do not need have desecrate spell echo, two hand cast of desecrate is enough...You have summon holy relic and added fire damage in your shield, with ice nova? Seems like waste of stuff in there. You need drop radiant faith from the ascn tree.....You do not have memory vault to scale the armor more, running determention is fine, but its a waste until you get later in the game, it should be last one you get once you have the gear going. I see also you did not take CI, but running zelaots oath, so ur life reg is going to ES and then most like dying to chaos the second ur ES shield goes away because everything regen is applied to ES not health...Do not take Zelaots oath unless ur ready. No idea what's going on in ur helm with Rally cry...If you read the ascenedary for Radiant Crusade, you need five or more allies for onslaught, which you only have if you have spiders out and you need one or more allise for 10% dmg. So unless you got uyr spiders out, your not really get any of that benefit, so trying to run around and descecrate to make spiders isnt good early into the season, since your gem set ups our not correct.

Your running around I bet with very litlte 3k ES? I would either put some spectres or some zombies. You should think about running herald of purity, Dread banner ect and carrion golem. You can run zombies in 4 set up and run minion life, meat-shield raise zombie and feeding frenzy. SO right there meatshield and feeding frenzy is DPS buffs and carrion golem gives a buff and Dread Banner helps scale Agony dps and allows for impale damage. The reason Chromio late game has herald and spiders is because he can tank everything because he has the required gear. You have the dagger and that is it. I would think about taking back your Time of Hope and Radiant Faith until you get at leas thte Memory Vault and Skin of loyal. Harmony of purpose is 100% dps increase with constant frenzy charges and you get Endurance charges and Bation of hoipe is max block and immune stun. Also for 6c you can get weps with trigger socket spell right now and put in desecrate, spirit offering and either carrion golem or poachers mark for constant withering jar uptime

Hey, thanks for the info! Some of the gems are just hold overs from leveling that I haven't replaced.

1) I'm running ZO with vitality for some passive ES regen which is working decently well, but of course not super optimal without CI
2) Spell echo + desecrate isnt for any purpose, I just threw one in there. I'll replace it with spirit offering since that is better.
3) Zombies will probably help a lot until I get memory vault and stuff so I'll throw that in there as well with carrion golem.
4) I'm just leveling determination as I do not have the cluster nodes to reduce its mana reservation just yet.

I'm pretty close to getting most of the required uniques like memory vault, aegis, shaper's touch... I'm just waiting for the prices to drop since they are pretty over priced right now and I don't need them to run white-low yellow maps. I just can't do ultamatums that well right now haha.

a lot of people struggle with new league mechanic as do I, I can def do them, but its only time I really die, so dont feel bad if your getting run over. I skip it most of the time
"
Rodneyking wrote:
a lot of people struggle with new league mechanic as do I, I can def do them, but its only time I really die, so dont feel bad if your getting run over. I skip it most of the time

Yeah, especially in this weird hold over state of hybrid life/es. I took your recommendation and setup zombies + golem + banner and seems smoother now. Also dropped radiant faith and got harmony for the time being. In a day or two I think the prices should drop a bunch and I'll pick up everything.
I'm reading that fertile catalysts are no longer an option for improving mana reservation on circle of nostalgia rings because GGG took the mana tag off the ring itself. Is anyone far enough along in the league to confirm this?

I played Vatinas HoP version of this build 2 leagues ago and I am excited to try this version now, but the fertile catalyst change might make things quite difficult.

Alternatives to using fertile catalysts would be to take the helmet enchant to reduce HoA reservation (in this case, probably don't need 2 nostalgia rings even), or take more passives or anoints to reduce global reservation, correct? Any other ideas/suggestions to achieve the right level of mana reservation?
"
MisterDCH wrote:
I'm reading that fertile catalysts are no longer an option for improving mana reservation on circle of nostalgia rings because GGG took the mana tag off the ring itself. Is anyone far enough along in the league to confirm this?

I played Vatinas HoP version of this build 2 leagues ago and I am excited to try this version now, but the fertile catalyst change might make things quite difficult.

Alternatives to using fertile catalysts would be to take the helmet enchant to reduce HoA reservation (in this case, probably don't need 2 nostalgia rings even), or take more passives or anoints to reduce global reservation, correct? Any other ideas/suggestions to achieve the right level of mana reservation?

I am looking also already on poeninja, poetrade etc. to check this and am worried too.
In "manamanagement" are a lot of possibilities to get additional reduced mana reservation like rmr-corruptions on jewels etc. and in the offensive edition it is easy to get enough mana, but in the definitive defensive edition mana is very closely fitting calculated.
In the worst case you need the set-up with 2x circle of nostalgia with 2x 20% rmr or, which can be expensive, 3x 1% rmr on jewels or change the jewel fortress convenant to conqueror's efficency or take in more notables like self-control or uncompromising. Helmet enchant is an alternative too, but it is rare.

Take also a look into "the dirty scorpion tail". you can switch damage on full life-support or while levelling empower-support to maim support. You will loose 6% damage, but you will get early enough mana because less mana is reserved of maim-support.

There are a lot of rmr-possibilities and you can manage the mana with all possibilities of "dirty scorpion tail" and "manamanagement". Perhaps the most definitive defensive edition has to be updated to 2x circle of nostalgia.

Last edited by Chromino on Apr 19, 2021, 1:35:56 PM
I decided to give the build a go.I am no way near the actual build yet, coz only lvl 56 or smthing.I am leveling with domi blow (lesser poison) and HoA and some random items i have.I've done every single ultimatuim to the end so far ,died only once
coz I was trying some "ruin" shit that i saw some streamer suggested as easiest.So far I am doing lesser area, buff expire faster, these frost bombs, miasma, flame sculls and lighning cirles.No problems at all.Personaly i am finding difficult to lvl if no pob is done step by step, despite I saw some pics in the OP.Sometimes before I was runing DomiBlow guardian and i had all the required items but the build creator says 18 mil dmg..and I was having hard time kill a shaper guardin and stuff.Never knew how to scale the damage so i hope this wont be the same case :)
Thank you Chromio that u are answering our stupid or not questions , helping us in the way to become mm..tanking gods :P
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Daemonion wrote:

Hi Daemonion,

yes, the build is a long one and complex and my english is not native, so sometimes it is often not fine written too.

The build offers a lot of variants and you can individualize it to balance fine offfensives, defensives and quality of life.

When you like it tanky, take the first "definitive defensive edition" in "gear panorama overview" and follow only all steps in "tipps for levelling and gearing" and in "Gear, skill, links". When you have questions, just ask, we have the answers.

Thank you Chromino for your kind words, ill keep looking into it, maybe wait for prices to drop. Your english is fine, Just so far I was used to guides where specifically told me to click here an then click there, it might take me a minute but Ill catch up
"
Daemonion wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Daemonion wrote:

Hi Daemonion,

yes, the build is a long one and complex and my english is not native, so sometimes it is often not fine written too.

The build offers a lot of variants and you can individualize it to balance fine offfensives, defensives and quality of life.

When you like it tanky, take the first "definitive defensive edition" in "gear panorama overview" and follow only all steps in "tipps for levelling and gearing" and in "Gear, skill, links". When you have questions, just ask, we have the answers.

Thank you Chromino for your kind words, ill keep looking into it, maybe wait for prices to drop. Your english is fine, Just so far I was used to guides where specifically told me to click here an then click there, it might take me a minute but Ill catch up

Go read this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2663126

Back in 3.10 PoeDan took Herald of Agony Guardian to delve 3k and took the world by storm with the idea. This build Chromio has made is based off this and with different variations, whether to be tanky or some tankiness but a lot of offenses, or be tanky with mass minions around you with summon phantasm, agony, purities and then vaal skeletons just for vaal use. The idea behind all the minions is you use x2 clusters to scale ur agonies dmg and which also stacks any other minions dmg. But if you read the fundamentals of how the agony and guardian work, you can apply to tons knowledge to different builds here.

A lot of guides talk about being tanky at 68, but that assumes that most unique's are cheap and not being used by the player base. One thing you should learn is how make herald dmg increase with very little investment. On a 5link at 78, my agony in POB does 800k on tier 3 maps, I am hyrbid right now at 3k health and 1.9k ES.

if your running hyrbid, look for cheap 5c shield with recover life or es on block, with Bastion of Hope a HUGE qol and defense. Aegis Auros is 60c right noiw, but decent rolled shield with es or life recover on and chance to block makes it better. I bought trigger socketed spell sword for 5c and had minions do 49%dmg and slapped Desecrate, Spirit Offering, and poachers mark for additional projectile and flask recovering.so for under 10c, I made two changes with huge QOL and making mapping smoother. ALso for 1c GET yourself a pair of Rainbow Strider boots soo good for early game, Look for pair with 5% chance to block spell damage and the ES between 167 and 177..

My profile should be public if you want to check out my current set up
Last edited by Rodneyking on Apr 19, 2021, 12:26:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info