[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50-150M

Chromino, thanks for putting together and sharing a very nice build. This thread is full of good vibes.

I wanted to try this build because I used to love playing my spider chaosmancer and I really hate the Sirus fight. Looking for something to make it easier for my sloppy play, so I just slapped some items together on my longneckboy and now getting to work.

I have a few questions about the build.
* If I want to facetank Sirus, or close to it, do I need to use skin of lords with Iron Reflex? It's very expensive.
* I see many top players have 8k, 9k, or more ES but I only have 6769. Is this just about getting higher ES on gear or am I missing something else.

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/21eR0a7W

I'm trying to corrupt a shield with Grace or Determination but no luck so far. Losing the vaal discipline panic button is not ideal. I needed to fit in tempest shield.

I have too much spell block and not enough attack block. Trying to craft attack shield cluster but no luck so far. And no one sells these.

Looking for suggestions from the build experts to help me take out Sirus effortlessly.
"
melkorien wrote:
Chromino, thanks for putting together and sharing a very nice build. This thread is full of good vibes.

I wanted to try this build because I used to love playing my spider chaosmancer and I really hate the Sirus fight. Looking for something to make it easier for my sloppy play, so I just slapped some items together on my longneckboy and now getting to work.

* If I want to facetank Sirus, or close to it, do I need to use skin of lords with Iron Reflex? It's very expensive.
* I see many top players have 8k, 9k, or more ES but I only have 6769. Is this just about getting higher ES on gear or am I missing something else.

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/21eR0a7W

I'm trying to corrupt a shield with Grace or Determination but no luck so far. Losing the vaal discipline panic button is not ideal. I needed to fit in tempest shield.

I have too much spell block and not enough attack block. Trying to craft attack shield cluster but no luck so far. And no one sells these.

Looking for suggestions from the build experts to help me take out Sirus effortlessly.

Hi Melkorien!

Thank you!
And the spiders will serve you also in the early ages in angband well! ;-)

To facetank Sirus A7-9 lvl the iron reflexes with high ar, pdr and es/ block are best.

- with around 110k armour you can facetank all his attacks, beams and meteors I would thumb. For crittings you need molten shell or frostshield active.

- you need maxed minor pantheon against burning ground for longer reaction time, this attack can still kill you, it's a reaction test. And don't for get immunity to corrupted blood best on a jewel

Yes, iron reflexes is expensive in trade as well as the shield corruption. Determination granted is better than grace because of the vaal skills, but also granted grace is nice (then take vaal molten shell as second vaal skill). Corrupting yourself is much trade and time, but ordinary you get with the gained shields currency on the way, but now in end of league less.

Spell block is in 3.16 much more important as attackblock. It's complex: I would advice to iron reflexes against sirus, ghost dance with high evasioon in other content. Then you need not max 75% attackblock, some lower 65% is enough.

But ghost dance is much weaker against Sirus A7-9: you would have to manual dodge his meteors and some of his beams.

Or craft the attackblock-clusters yourself.

6.7k es are great and even 6.5k or 6.3k are enough when you have some experiences in poe. You should never have problems when you have all defensive skills. I take later a look on your pob if a layer of defence is missing. They are listed in the spoiler "checklist defences".

Edited:

Your pob is great. With the ghost dance armour fine for all content, when you like facetank Sirus iron reflexes is better. Your memory vault I would switch out for a eber's unification - that would be a fine big first upgrade. You miss vaal discipline with your shield - in some dot-situations without physical damage to trigger divine shield that is not optimal. 2% procc taackblock is available on a different belt-jewel.

Divergent frostshield and cws would be nice upgrades too and divergent HoA lvl 21 would be second most great improvement for virulences and perhaps later switching in triad gripes.

6.8 k es, 94% evasion buffed, 51k armour is a little, little bit low but okay

6.2 M sirus-damage with multistrike is enough (you did not activated some pob-settings like 60 virulences, 15 withers, poison-stacks for vile toxins etc., better simulating settings are: https://pastebin.com/89SwU5ND ), but for some other content like UE more damage would be great - with helmet eber's unification, some passives and some more improvements like showed in the 100% chaos-conversion, mainly HoA lvl 31 (awakened void manipulation, chaos mastery) you reach 10M and more and should still have enough defences.

For relaxed levelling your set-up is perfect!
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 4, 2022, 11:32:32 AM
"
zyppz wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone have a league start serie on YouTube using the Build or maybe someone streaming that have videos from there league start ?

Hi zyppz,

as far as I know there are no videos from leaguestart.

It's like valsacar writes since 3.15 not a most top easy leaguestarter.

But at the same time, when you have some experiences in poe and know the mechanics of HoA it's the best skill to get into leading top position in guardian soloplay leaderbord.

But dominating blow, totems or HoP are easier in first days of leaguestart.

The main problem in leaguestart is, that arakaali's fang became expensive in the last 2 leagues at leaguestart. With the nerf of necros elemental minions and with the new shield squire and with this HoA build too arakaali's fang became much more popular and used.

Second you need to know how to optimize damage and defences with not optimal gear and flasks - there are other builds a bit easier.
You need to vary with phantasms, absolution and different gear and max HoA levels and virulences. Without spiders the mapping and damageuptimes are less smooth (but still better then some other builds at the same time).

With both aegis aurora and arakaali's fang (and helmet enchant and/or circle of nostalgia) the build in leaguestart begin to shine and will lead the rankings probably again.

Without the core gear items domblow or totems have many advantages and offer smoother start and a faster race in levelling.

Last edited by Chromino on Jan 4, 2022, 1:14:03 PM
I make some improvements on my character.

Need some tips for amulet and helmet.
Did I need to go for Eber`s Unification or Memory Vault (I see some use this one)?
For Aul`s Uspring don`t have enough, will be Astramentis good for now or just keep mine?

Thanks for tips.
"
Rima0 wrote:
I make some improvements on my character.

Need some tips for amulet and helmet.
Did I need to go for Eber`s Unification or Memory Vault (I see some use this one)?
For Aul`s Uspring don`t have enough, will be Astramentis good for now or just keep mine?

Thanks for tips.

Hi Rima0!

I would priorize:

1. as CI you don't need anti-poison on flask, get another suffix
2. Skin of the lords +2 gemlevels with other keynotes are cheap to get (see page 50 armour-alternatives budget, 15 chaos, https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/aJ93b37fe )
3. HoA lvl 21 (or b.i.s. divergent HoA lvl 21)
4. perhaps you get cheap better rare gloves and cheap better stygian belt
5. then the first expensives upgrades are aul's uprising (or there are many cheap variants and cheap upgrades, see page 50) and awakened minion damage and eber's unification (memory vault is since 3.17 no longer recommended, the more armour don't equate the unique manareservation downside and the buffed determination offers enough armour)
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 4, 2022, 1:15:28 PM
Why run golden rule on this? i don't understand. I picked up this build but im so squishy right now x.x
"
Feracitus wrote:
Why run golden rule on this? i don't understand. I picked up this build but im so squishy right now x.x

Hi Feracitus,

the golden rule is needed to optimize virulences singletarget, you are not affected as CI from the poisons. Don't use it before transforming to CI.

Take a look step by step into "checklist defences" spoiler.

Your 3.4k es are much too low for high content and you will be often oneshotted. Improve to 6.3k es and more.

Optimize your flasks and if not done your pantheons (with divine vessels).

Eldritch knowledge don't support minions, switch it out for another jewel.

Max your ascendancy in labs: You are still missing the important "radiant faith"
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 4, 2022, 12:25:16 PM
"
melkorien wrote:

I have 6k ES and use Ghost Dance instead of Iron Skin, I can face tank Sirus no problem... only fight that's a bigger joke is Elder.

My char and POB are public, so feel free to take a look.
"
Chromino wrote:
"
zyppz wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone have a league start serie on YouTube using the Build or maybe someone streaming that have videos from there league start ?

Hi zyppz,

as far aa I know there are no videos from leaguestart.

It's like valsacar writes since 3.15 not an most top easy leaguestarter.

But at the same time, when you have some experiences in poe and know the mechanics of HoA it's the best skill to get into leading top position in guardian soloplay leaderbord.

But dominating blow, totems or HoP are easier inleaguestart.

The main problem in leaguestart is, that arakaali's fang became expensive in the last 2 leagues at leaguestart. With the nerf of necros elemental minions and with the new shield squire and with this HoA build too arakaali's fang became much more popular and used.

Second you need to know how to optimize damage and defences with not optimal gear and flasks - there are other builds a bit easier.
You need to vary with phantasms, absolution and different gear and max HoA levels and virulences. Without spiders the mapping and damageuptimes are less smooth (but still better then some other builds at the same time).

With both aegis aurora and arakaali's fang (and helmet enchant and/or circle of nostalgia) the build in leaguestart begin to shine and will lead the rankings probably again.

But without them domblow or totems have many advantages and offer smoother start and a faster race in levelling.

Stumbled upon Baalars video about hoag doing all acts/labs in 3h 42 mins with no gear: https://youtu.be/jPuDWeKqs6Q

Some advanced knowledge is required tho, such as recipes and lots of crafting for stats.

His passive tree is perfectly fine for dom blow too, but hoag seems a bit faster bc of storm brand instead of melee hits. Bossing damage feels a bit lower tho, but it's good enough for sure.

I still have some doubts about early mapping performance with it, since dom blow is simply cheaper and can go up to red maps with whatever u pick up, but I was convinced about hoag starter after I saw that video.

"
Feracitus wrote:

Golden rule doubles virulence, since reflecting counts. If you are getting stable maximum virulence without it - feel free to not run it.

No banner, no Radiant Faith, no enchant/ES on helmet, no virulence setup (it seems u do ~0 damage with hoag), very early transition overall with low ES, no frost shield in cws setup (early it's good for survivability instead of carrion golem/feeding frenzy). Ofc u will feel squishy running like that, since quite a few pieces weren't linked together.

I appreciate the fact u picked up my variation of this build after a video, but my build is a deviation from Chrominos' which I made after I learned all mechanics and got a complete understanding of how things work.

Right now it would be a bit better if you follow the default guide since it's a lot tankier overall,

bc overwise, you have to get at least lvl 96 and follow this PoB exactly (helmet isn't that good for cyclone tho): https://pastebin.com/KyejHZ5E

Using this PoB I completed my 1st simu in 3.16: https://youtu.be/dIUzsHghogw

Anyway, you have quite a lot of work here, so good luck with it, exile.

"
Chromino wrote:
big numbers

Congrats on 700k views, 1m isn't far!
Last edited by monik390 on Jan 4, 2022, 12:59:39 PM
"
monik390 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
zyppz wrote:
Hi,

Hi zyppz,

as far aa I know there are no videos from leaguestart.

It's like valsacar writes since 3.15 not an most top easy leaguestarter.

But dominating blow, totems or HoP are easier inleaguestart.

But without them domblow or totems have many advantages and offer smoother start and a faster race in levelling.

Stumbled upon Baalars video about hoag doing all acts/labs in 3h 42 mins with no gear: https://youtu.be/jPuDWeKqs6Q

Some advanced knowledge is required tho, such as recipes and lots of crafting for stats.

His passive tree is perfectly fine for dom blow too, but hoag seems a bit faster bc of storm brand instead of melee hits. Bossing damage feels a bit lower tho, but it's good enough for sure.

I still have some doubts about early mapping performance with it, since dom blow is simply cheaper and can go up to red maps with whatever u pick up, but I was convinced about hoag starter after I saw that video.

"
Feracitus wrote:

Golden rule doubles virulence, since reflecting counts. If you are getting stable maximum virulence without it - feel free to not run it.

No banner, no Radiant Faith, no enchant/ES on helmet, no virulence setup (it seems u do ~0 damage with hoag), very early transition overall with low ES, no frost shield in cws setup (early it's good for survivability instead of carrion golem/feeding frenzy). Ofc u will feel squishy running like that, since quite a few pieces weren't linked together.

I appreciate the fact u picked up my variation of this build after a video, but my build is a deviation from Chrominos' which I made after I learned all mechanics and got a complete understanding of how things work.

Right now it would be a bit better if you follow the default guide since it's a lot tankier overall,

bc overwise, you have to get at least lvl 96 and follow this PoB exactly (helmet isn't that good for cyclone tho): https://pastebin.com/KyejHZ5E

Using this PoB I completed my 1st simu in 3.16: https://youtu.be/dIUzsHghogw

Anyway, you have quite a lot of work here, so good luck with it, exile.

"
Chromino wrote:
big numbers

Congrats on 700k views, 1m isn't far!

Thank you too monik! Yeeeaaahh, 1M views are possible in [3.17]!!

Hehe, arachnophilia!

Your set-up and guide in glancing blows is well high optimized for simulacrums really relaxed! So great to see your "easy" video - awesome and thank you again!!

I added a video with the fullblock-chaos-conversion edition simulacrum waves 29-30, but my i5 3570k bugged recording - I need to record another.

Facetanking both bosses simultan at once in fullblock (lvl 96 only, but with op gear of scourged +1 dagger and +added block shield), hehe hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stx4yw1byko

Balaar's video is championstyle-peak-top-builded!
I am still analyzing, that is so much stuff he put into with many twists, wooow!!

He is pathing with enduring bond to buff much the phantasms. I think that's the way to go too, but it needs more orbs of regrets later. Shield charge buffs his movementspeed, but I personally don't like the skill with this alltime up and down stress in movement and prefer the continuous, but lesser speed of phaserun or withering step.

Thank you much for the link! I hope Balaar is doing perhaps a pob! I added already in the greetings and spoiler "tipps for levelling".

With HoA, absolution and phantasms I rushed also through acts 4-10 not much slower like that (of course relaxed overlevelled and much, much slower overall, but without any serious problems in speed, damage and defences, topspeed in boss-killing and clearing - and did I mention that I am personally a really total unmotivated casual in all gameskills and all gameplay, hehehe?) - but that demonstration of him is an outstanding work of another level speed-levelling again!!

Congratulations to Balaar for his masterpiece!!
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 5, 2022, 12:48:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info