[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
Sedorian wrote:

Enjoying the build alot, still some areas to improve in, but one things is I still get myself into 1 shot situations in some areas. Any glaring holes that I may have missed?

Hey Sedorian, :-)

your gear and build is looking almost perfect!

In PoB it shows overcapped resistances and 8700 eenergyshield for ingame stats. Your Armour is fine high too! Best stats!

So there are not many tipps remaining.

- Do you have 2 x uncompromising on the small clusters?
Probably/ perhaps 1 is enough with your ring and when you take the points sovereignity/ influence and charisma on amulett you get a free jewel slot. But I think you tried that out already. Like in the guide with one megalamania medium jewel you get probably some more options. But your set-up should work also fine, only the small cluster with 3 points is not good.

- for 2 curses you need whispers of doom, so you overwrite the 2 curses often - it's okay, but perhaps not optimal

- Do you have 4x pure agony? To substain continous 60 virulences singletarget put in rare gloves with high es and both "slower projectiles" and "faster casting" to get full 60 virulences and damage also singletarget.

- Do you have the jewel "The golden rule"? You need it also for more virulences, especially singletarget.

- To get more defences, but less damage, perhaps put in something like "bodyguards" with knockbacks or other defensive clusternotables like "stalwaart commander" in the definitive defensive tank edition. Antifreeze sometimes rescues and a bit more es or more armour is always great. In your set-up you have great and best damage, but for level 100 I would advice to take in 1 or 2 medium defensive clusters.

- You need only 34 unreserved manapoints. The more mana you reserve, the more armour and es you get with the ascendancy radiant faith and memory vault. (here pob is not showing correct the mana, so I am not sure about your gamestats)

- I think you are almost capped in block & spellblock 75 & 72 %. Then a Rumi's not helping much for the missing 3%. And you cannot stack granite 2 x +3000 armour on flasks too (2x on lion's roar and rumi's), you can only use the buff of 1 x +3000 armour. I would advice to switch out Rumi's for a soul ripper or another quartz, perhaps even a stibnite to get more blindings, or quicksilver flask or what you prefer.

- Movementspeed also take you faster out of damagepeaks and is defensive valuable.

Mmmmmhmm, I don't see any missing defences, only on the medium clusters. And everything on your tree, skills and gear is very, very well geared! Did you checked the checklist in spoiler "FAQ"? Something like did you maxed the pantheon with divine vessels against ignites and crits?

Some hard quadrupled map-damagemods with combined debuffed block or debuffed armour or debuffed max resistances can still kill in some maps, there you have to go/ to map a bit slower.
Or bosses with physical dot's like listed in "dangerous bosses in endgame" in "boss-hunting" can still kill us.

But your set-up is very, very great! For the last 2 levels to 100 switch in on clusters a bit defences instead of damage and everything should work without or almost without kills.

Very, very good geared!

And thank you a lot too, it's a honour for me too when you enjoy the Arachnophobia Allstars.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 3, 2021, 8:25:28 PM
Thank you for all the great feedback I am running through it all now. The Golden Rule is the first one that jumps out as missing for the extra stack so I am going to look at that right away. Again amazing write up and detail, plus community feedback!

Soul Ripper is in there I forgot to show it on original post, so only 1 armour flask.

Links for some of the questions you asked. I do have the 4x Pure Agony. I have the sniper mark on ring but I am thinking of maybe switching out the unset for a vulnerability on hit.

Once I can get a Memory Vault with the extra projectile I may switch in another pre-nerf Guilt ring. I am trying to stay balanced right at 50m unreserved through different level clarity as needed.

The watcher's eye Ive been staying with a pre nerf with determination or discipline because the one I have with Grace I give up about 600 ES to use for the blind.

Right now I am capped at 60 Virulence, but if I can figure out how to get the Golden Rule in there I guess that will put me at 80?

Have went through about 40 shield slams for determination to free up the slot but no luck so far.

I did hit the wither on the belt enchant in the upgraded lab but Im not sure if it actually is applying the -6 resists throughs spider wither or not.

Only 1 Uncompromising right now but if I get the memory vault with crawler projectile I will have to switch some stuff around for sure.

The other 2 points for 99/100 I really need just gotta stop over extending and dying if I am ever gonna get there.

I do have molten shield on the cast when stunned right now instead of manual cast just to try it out, not sure how I feel about it yet.

I went hard on this build cause I have played Agony crawler almost since it came out and this is the best write up / enjoyable to play I have seen yet.
Last edited by Sedorian on Apr 3, 2021, 8:56:23 PM
"
Sedorian wrote:

Soul Ripper is in there I forgot to show it on original post, so only 1 armour flask.

Links for some of the questions you asked. I do have the 4x Pure Agony. I have the sniper mark on ring but I am thinking of maybe switching out the unset for a vulnerability on hit.

Once I can get a Memory Vault with the extra projectile I may switch in another pre-nerf Guilt ring. I am trying to stay balanced right at 50m unreserved through different level clarity as needed.

The watcher's eye Ive been staying with a pre nerf with determination or discipline because the one I have with Grace I give up about 600 ES to use for the blind.

Right now I am capped at 60 Virulence, but if I can figure out how to get the Golden Rule in there I guess that will put me at 80?

Have went through about 40 shield slams for determination to free up the slot but no luck so far.

I did hit the wither on the belt enchant in the upgraded lab but Im not sure if it actually is applying the -6 resists throughs spider wither or not.

Only 1 Uncompromising right now but if I get the memory vault with crawler projectile I will have to switch some stuff around for sure.

The other 2 points for 99/100 I really need just gotta stop over extending and dying if I am ever gonna get there.

I do have molten shield on the cast when stunned right now instead of manual cast just to try it out, not sure how I feel about it yet.

I went hard on this build cause I have played Agony crawler almost since it came out and this is the best write up / enjoyable to play I have seen yet.

Hehehe, yes, that are tough decisions in some slots of gear.

Yes, like you say, getting the shield corruption is very difficult, I think 0.3% chance means corrupting 300 shields, that is a lot of shields. You can get other nice corruptions too, like crit reduction, less physicaldamage (-taken as chaos damage) or spellblock which is very high traded too. So it is an option, but a lot of work.
Helmet enchant fires more projectiles/ with lmp to get is very, very difficult to, almost impossible to get on your own lab-running.
Sometimes there are several in trade and sometimes zero, that is often frustrationing.

But the build will work without these last slots too, the setup and spoiler "Skills-Management" offers a lot variants.

- I would guess to try more of the blindings on watcher's eye or integrated in gloves or on a cluster notable (see spoiler "clusters" ---> "best Cluster-setups". They improve your total ehp around 20-25% against hits and offers a lot of synergies like more capacities of molten shell, frost shield and less ailments or micro-stuns. I think in almost all situations the blindings give more tankiness than a bit more energyshield. But both have ups and downs, try both for your playstyle!

- the elusive and wither buffs of withering step is only while not using other skills. There it is like one more flask and very, very stronkkk. But with one ball-lightning the buffs are removed.

- 60 virulences is great and top high damage, but also you have enough damage with the large clusters and 50 virulences are enough, When you want 2 more passives of level 100 in the normal and high content, you can switch in defensive clusters. You loose a bit clearspeed, but get more ehp and defences and you will die much less.

Overall the Definitive Defensive Tank Edition offers a lot more total ehp and is best dealing safety for the last levels.

- -All your jewels are fine! Very good! In harvest you can get nice implicit mods crafted on top of them added, like freeze- or shock- resistances and avoidances, if you want to. But you need the golden rule for more singletargetdamage, yes.

- the more virulences you have, the faster the virulences unstack. Base is 40 of HoA, for each pure agony 5 more virulences are added. Only with void clusters or more clusterslots on the passivetree you can get 70 or more and you need a lot more of castspeed for singletarget. On page 25 is more explained about in the spoiler "golden rule", for example how much cast speed is, thumbed, needed for how much virulences substain continous in single-target-situations. The golden rule doubles the poison stacks, so the virulences unstack slower and you can substain 60 virulences even singletarget. Map- and bossmods like temporal chains or poison resistances of mobs also are factors.

- molten shell is a bit more effective selfcasted. I personally activate it just before damagepeaks, like 1.5 or 2 seconds after closing up/ arriving to a big mob or boss. But on cws or mousebutton 1 it is a lot of less clicking of course and a lot more qol, but you loose some effective seconds of skilluptime. I played long and read a lot of ppe, but after all I am not a so much high experienced player too, but I think for high content selfcasting molten shell is better.

Hehehe, that are very interesting decisions and questions! And yes, on levelling 98-100 path of exile get a little, little, little bit like hc, the death-exp-penalty is hard (in hc I personnaly would die mentally, lol, loosing all the gear in the mod you want to play.).

I personally died too in high levels, for example on a heist door without frostwall cws, running full-speed close in a big, big mob and with (normally easy) point blank-debuff, shocked and on a heist-trap not deactivated and something else more on 99.6 as I tried a more offensive gear, that was painfull, or on sirus a8 degen- ground while trying another minor pantheon and not using sniper's mark without the pantheon against burning ground on 98.1 I died, or one time I forgot to reactivate my auras after switching levelling gems in the weapon swap, grrrhhhr, lol, ..... and died again. It was hard, hard, hard, but it was fun somehow too. A real oneshot or fast quick 5 shot were only with the offensive editions in some special situations.
I switched only to 60 virulences after getting level 100 and with the new op high es + high dex gloves. Before I used the defensive edition for level 97-100 with 50 virulences, hehe, and went the safe way, hehe.

Yes, the crawler and spiders in one team are a lot of fun, screenaction and well balanced. To target the enemies and facetanking a bit longer to raise the damage a bit more is very, very interesting in playstyle and more fun than other, a bit too passive, minionstyles I think.

Sorry for long, long wall of text, but it is too interesting again in the small differences of gear and styles, hehe.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 5, 2021, 7:25:21 AM
Im really curious if the belt -6 to resistance for targets effected with wither works on the wither applied by spiders. Not a bad little damage buff if it does work.
"
Sedorian wrote:
Im really curious if the belt -6 to resistance for targets effected with wither works on the wither applied by spiders. Not a bad little damage buff if it does work.

Hehe, I am not sure too.
For the spiders you always need the tag or the word "minion" listed, without it's not linked together and don't collaborate.
The text in withering step calls "enemies are withered" and not something like "you wither" or "by you". I assume not too.

Mmmhmm, intricate, intricate, hehe. That would be nice damage.

Hi, can anybody look in my profile and tell me why i have only 84k of armour? May be i missed someting?
Thanks!
"
alexcat1974 wrote:
Hi, can anybody look in my profile and tell me why i have only 84k of armour? May be i missed someting?
Thanks!

Hey Alexcat,

your gear and skills are looking great and fine!
You have iron refexes, stalwaart commander, armour on belt etc.

Did you checked for armour:

- Did you activated both auras grace and determination?

- You have a lot of manareductions on skills and gear. In path of building - I am not sure, pob is often not correct calculating mana - you have too much unreserved mana:

Don't forget your ascendancy Radiant Faith and your helmet memory vault. The less unreserved manapoints you have, the more ES, AR and ES/ block you receive.

You need only 34 (29 + 10 % passive insightfullness) unreserved mana points total for ball-lightning lvl 1 remaining. When you have more, raise the lvl of clarity only as the last possibility until you have only around you have 40 - 50 mana not reserved: best is to limit clarity lo lvl 1 (you have clarity maxed lvl 21) to get more reserved mana.

Take somewhere less manareservations out: When you activated self-control and 2x uncompromising on clusters and your ring has much reduced mana reservation, it is too much rmr together with other rmr.

Change a medium cluster to supports like bodyguard or fasting or to defences or to more damage with more pure agony-clusters etc.

With molten shell and jade & granite flasks up and only 40-50 not reserved mana you should have around 130000-140000 armour I guess. Perhaps take % increased armour/ evasion as a suffix on one more flask more, but you should have armour enough when you reserved more mana and took some rmr on clusters or passive tree or gear out.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 6, 2021, 7:25:31 PM
Chromino, thanks, now i have 108k of armour )))
Last edited by alexcat1974 on Apr 8, 2021, 9:40:20 AM
HI, Chromino. I see you using summon phantasm support. How are your feeling about using it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info