Disco Minions (26+ mil sDPS, No Six Link, League Starter, Beginner Friendly)

The build looks super fun! I've always been partial to phantasms, so I might try this one out for my second build this league. I have a couple quick questions though.

1. How has the automation with arcanist brand been? Does it reliably summon enough phantasms in a ritual?

2. How is the survivability in high tier maps? More specifically, are you getting one-shot a lot? I see the PoB is for a lvl 98 character and is only pulling 4.7k life. My current build keeps getting one-shot left and right, so I'd like to have some decent survivability on my next.

3. Did you choose skeleton mages over regular skeletons just because of the huge buff this patch, or is there another reason to use them over traditional melee skeletons? I really wanted to try the mages myself after seeing the buff, but I'm terrible at making builds...so I had to wait for someone smarter than myself to make a guide :)

Thanks in advance!
"
kkhode wrote:
1. Arcanist brand to automate Flesh offering (hence summon phantasm) and hydrosphere

PURE GENIUS~

I actually forgot arcanist brand existed so I has CWC + Cyclone setup in the BBGG gloves.
How does that compare to any physical skeletons builds?
"
How does that compare to any physical skeletons builds?

More damage at an lower budget however you have no real layers and your life is low.

This is softcore only build.
"
Robsie wrote:
Converted a work in progress necro I was playing into this build because it looked fun and was a build I wanted to make a
it.

Here's a video showcase of me running said Uberlab with gear/gem levels earlier if anyone is interested.

Great to hear!

"
tenw30d wrote:
The build looks super fun! I've always been partial to phantasms, so I might try this one out for my second build this league. I have a couple quick questions though.

1. How has the automation with arcanist brand been? Does it reliably summon enough phantasms in a ritual?

2. How is the survivability in high tier maps? More specifically, are you getting one-shot a lot? I see the PoB is for a lvl 98 character and is only pulling 4.7k life. My current build keeps getting one-shot left and right, so I'd like to have some decent survivability on my next.

3. Did you choose skeleton mages over regular skeletons just because of the huge buff this patch, or is there another reason to use them over traditional melee skeletons? I really wanted to try the mages myself after seeing the buff, but I'm terrible at making builds...so I had to wait for someone smarter than myself to make a guide :)

Thanks in advance!

1. For rituals, if you lay down 2 brands every 5s, you'll almost always be topped up on max phantasm limits. The Disciple of Kitava jeystone jewel will give 15 pre-summoned phantasms to begin with.

2. This definitely a softcore build. With 75% ele res, near 0% chaos res, ~4.5k life + ~900 ES, you're going to die often in super high tier content. I added fortify buff using vigilance strike for us and the minions. This is a good for QoL increase, but not game breaking. In boss fights, timing generals strike in tandem with arcanist brand's desecrate is important. I'm working on somehow making this build more tankier.

3. I chose skeleton mages as aux DPS minions because RGB projectiles make game go disco disco. For a super serious build, I'm highly sure melee skeletons are still the way to go. That helps us double down on a single ele for DPS or go pure phys, add discipline because of loosened gem constraints and other QoL improvements.

@HornyBrimstone I'm using skeletons as auxilary DPS and this is more of a fun meme'ish build. If you're looking for a super serious tanky, investment friendly build check my other build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990598
Last edited by kkhode on Jan 25, 2021, 1:18:47 PM
Hey there one question how do we use EE ?
Hi,

I'm wondering about Soulwrest and how it works to summon phantasms. By default, it gives you 10 phantasms via the "Trigger Level 20 Summon Phantasm Skill when you Consume a corpse" affix. If you add the support gem, you can go up to 21. What is weird is that the 11 additional from the gem can also be summoned with the same methods than the 10 built-in ones.

So I'm wondering, could the 10 built-in phantasms also be summoned in the same way than the 11 from the support one ? Meaning we could 6-link the Soulwrest staff, put the mage skellies there, and they would auto-summon all phantasms ?

Since they share all support gems, it would probably be a small loss of overall DPS, but such QoL, as you would only ever need to summon skelettons.
You could even add a 6 or 4 link melee tanky high DPS spectre in either the helmet or the chest, for single target.

Did anyone try that ?
Whats i should upgrade in my character for stay alive? I start playing with this build, right now lvl 77 i have 3600 hp and 700 es, everything just one shot me, even random rare mob can kill me with jump. Bosses with big aoe one shot me easily, like forking river map boss, he just kill me even with bone shield active. Sometimes i even cant enter in boss arena, because there pack of mobs right after portal and they one shot me)

I think i total die already more than 50 times.
I start legue as poison pathfinder and with 4k hp i tank almost every boss in game easy. This build have 400 less hp pool and die almost from everything.

p.s also i bought shavronne wrapplings today in ritual, should i reroll in melee skeletal build or stay with disco minions? I barely have currency after i reroll my char into this build, max i can do make shavronne with 5L with jeweller's touch. Have only 2 exalts im my inventory.
Last edited by Mr_Neocronic on Jan 26, 2021, 4:50:06 PM
"
perling wrote:

Hydrosphere has an initial hit on cast. Arcanist brand triggers hydrosphere which in turn triggers EE.

"
thomzon wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering about Soulwrest and how it works to summon phantasms. By default, it gives you 10 phantasms via the "Trigger Level 20 Summon Phantasm Skill when you Consume a corpse" affix. If you add the support gem, you can go up to 21.

helmet or the chest, for single target.

Did anyone try that ?

I thought about that, but theorized that when all the minions topple it's generally because of DPS spikes from big AOE, aura'd, tanky monsters. If we use summon skeletons to spawn phantasm, the skeletons will die before they can even get a few phantasm summons out. We'd want something that can summon phantasm instantly in mass, if they all get killed in a DPS spike.

"
Mr_Neocronic wrote:
Whats i should upgrade in my character for stay alive? I start playing with this build, right now lvl 77 i have 3600 hp and 700 es, everything just one shot me, even random rare mob can kill me with jump. Bosses with big aoe one shot me easily, like forking river map boss, he

jeweller's touch. Have only 2 exalts im my inventory.

I feel your pain! I myself have more than 60 deaths on this build. As a result, I've theorized a tanky version of this build. It has 82% ele resists, ~6k HP with fortify. Hopefully this should mitigate damage well.

Unfortunately, life has taken over and I haven't been able to play for the last week, so I won't be able to test out the tanky version for you beforehand. Hopefully, it helps.
Last edited by kkhode on Jan 26, 2021, 6:53:59 PM
"
kkhode wrote:
"
perling wrote:

Hydrosphere has an initial hit on cast. Arcanist brand triggers hydrosphere which in turn triggers EE.

"
thomzon wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering about Soulwrest and how it works to summon phantasms. By default, it gives you 10 phantasms via the "Trigger Level 20 Summon Phantasm Skill when you Consume a corpse" affix. If you add the support gem, you can go up to 21.

helmet or the chest, for single target.

Did anyone try that ?

I thought about that, but theorized that when all the minions topple it's generally because of DPS spikes from big AOE, aura'd, tanky monsters. If we use summon skeletons to spawn phantasm, the skeletons will die before they can even get a few phantasm summons out. We'd want something that can summon phantasm instantly in mass, if they all get killed in a DPS spike.

"
Mr_Neocronic wrote:
Whats i should upgrade in my character for stay alive? I start playing with this build, right now lvl 77 i have 3600 hp and 700 es, everything just one shot me, even random rare mob can kill me with jump. Bosses with big aoe one shot me easily, like forking river map boss, he

jeweller's touch. Have only 2 exalts im my inventory.

I feel your pain! I myself have more than 60 deaths on this build. As a result, I've theorized a tanky version of this build. It has 82% ele resists, ~6k HP with fortify. Hopefully this should mitigate damage well.

Unfortunately, life has taken over and I haven't been able to play for the last week, so I won't be able to test out the tanky version for you beforehand. Hopefully, it helps.

You add in pob 2 cluster jewels with expensive mods, even just 2 of them already 2 exalts each, you use with 3 mods, seriously? This build now even more expensive than my poison build where min budget starts at 40 exalts. And there still 4k hp. For that price not worth it.
Last edited by Mr_Neocronic on Jan 27, 2021, 1:34:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info