The nature of the trade market mechanics pretty much ruins the endgame on console.

FWIW, Ritual might be the first time it feel like I'm fighting RNG for gear instead of currency. It's far from ideal, but, have already found some items that I've never seen before that make me want to imagine different styles of builds. Which is pretty much what makes PoE special.

Like I said, long way to go but this is the vector PoE should be on. If say Ritual instances were cranked up a bit in reward variety or options, and harvest instances were cranked up in frequency of encounters...there's real potential there. That's like...playing the game for the game instead of playing against the trade system.

Anyway, posting just to express "good job, keep doing that"
The Trade & Marketplace is "The Thorn in the Side" of PoE Players and it's biggest flaw....

I've played on & off Day One when PoE came to PS4...mainly after playing D3 for years on 360 and PS4 and was mentioned a lot so gave it a go....the mechanics and endless character build possibilities with an extensive Skill Tree is a Character Build Dream...and/or Nightmare....the settings, maps, palystyle are all...FUN....BUT....

...BUT The Loot System is terrible and flawed as it limits players and pickups of lets say...Helpful & Needed Items...to help your character. It's not...Co-Op Friendly by any means which if had the Diablo Loot System, well that means 2-4 Players all getting "What They See"...which means more chance of better worthy loot which means more items in Market which means.....Lower Prices For All...

I've got three Characters going in Ritual Leage..47, 32, 22...and so far I've got "2 CHAOS ORBS"....this is the worse drop rate I've ever seen...yet, go to Market Place...and like all previous Leagues, everyone apparently thinks we all have a Crop or a Bunch of Chaos Trees back in our Hideout...

This right here is why a lot of players start to feel like...This Is No Longer Fun...plus throw in some performance issues...it's no secret many including myself look at videos for builds and they make it sound like 4-6 perfect linked items are dime-a-dozen and you need them to clear these areas...well, no problem...I'll just go to my stash and whip out those 10-20 spare Chaos Orbs for theat "Rare 4 Link Item" since that Legendary on is 5-6 EXO's....sorry, but nothing has changed from Day One...no matter what League it is....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info