The nature of the trade market mechanics pretty much ruins the endgame on console.

"
Ghoest9 wrote:
"
You could easily just play SSF if an optional trade market bums you out so much.

He tried to troll and failed.

Not trolling, if the market does bum you out to the point you quit, try SSF, it literally alleviates that issue
A real boost for the console's market would be if trades happen automatically if the buyer pays the asked price.
For example, if player A is selling an item for 10 chaos and player B wants to buy it for this price the trade should be auto-accepted as long as the asked prices match the paid price.
Atm many trades do not happen because sellers do not bother to check the offers or they just forget.
With auto-accept, active players (buyers) could buy not only from online players (sellers) but also from offline ones.
There are always going to be people trying to scam the system and take advantage of new/inexperienced players. POE has always been a little cut-throat in that way, even on the PC. I do think a better search option, allowing you to zero in on a specific rare item as opposed to have to search an ocean of choices for what you're looking for would be my #1 wish.

I love to craft in this game. And while you can't normally track down specific statted rare items on the PS4, you can still purchase raw materials to allow you to craft, so I do think there is end-game value to the trade system. You can pretty easily find influenced bases, and raw materials (Alts, Awakener Orbs, etc).

I think a buyout option would be fine, but a savy price-fixer could still jerk the system with buyouts (and maybe even easier).

I think an online trade network could work, given enough participation. Post items on this message board, meet people in-game after you agree on a price. Obviously you don't want to post every little trash item you find, but I wouldnt mind being in some sort of trade network...for instance maybe I post a specific request (example: looking for a wand w/ +1 fire gems, fire DOT multi, and 75+ spell damage).

I tend to play alot on my PS4, I assume there are others like me out there, so if you guys want to do some sort of network, lets get it started.
"
Lukyjack wrote:

I think an online trade network could work, given enough participation. Post items on this message board, meet people in-game after you agree on a price. Obviously you don't want to post every little trash item you find, but I wouldnt mind being in some sort of trade network...for instance maybe I post a specific request (example: looking for a wand w/ +1 fire gems, fire DOT multi, and 75+ spell damage).

Well there's the market section of this forum that people should learn to use more.
It has already happened quite a few times that someone didn't know that some items I had were up for mirror service for the very simple reason that I use those items on my Chars so them don't appear on the in game Trademarket but they are all listed in the market forum.

There's the chat too now, that I don't really use nor like, but in the ocean of bullshits you read there there's some actual message of selling/buyjng :p

I realize there is one, just not many people use it. In fact, I just realized I have trade messages from 2013 still in my mailbox.

I'm talking about a dedicated group of trusted traders who are going to be on constantly and for longer than 2 weeks in the new league.

Personally I don't have the stomach to sift through trade chat for the one good message out of 1000. I'd rather just interact with people who know what theyre doing.
"
Lukyjack wrote:

Personally I don't have the stomach to sift through trade chat for the one good message out of 1000. I'd rather just interact with people who know what theyre doing.

Oh why? Don't you like reading never-ending-complaints about how prices are too high from someone that 2 minutes later is selling a corruption chamber for 10ex? lol
For real console trade needs fixes, and there are some alternatives players can right now pursue. But maybe the issue is that "by and large" chaos orbs and exalts are like...not crafting tools. Most builds that get attention on the forums are even described in terms of expense, when maybe they should be better described in tiers.

So, new league and I roll yet another build I know works SSF, boring, but it gets me far enough to get drops from some lower tier bosses and then I have that item for my next character...something like that?

If the player base, again "by and large", sees trade as literally part of the game mechanics, then we are not playing against game difficulty. Instead of a game of progression, we have a game of "did I get lucky enough to get 10c during my campaign grind to buy an improvement". That's just wrong, no wonder we're mad. No wonder the console market infuriates, because it shouldn't be like this in the first place.

How many builds out there have Watcher's eye as an important component of making it work? That's not a viable SSF path. That's one of those "I need that item order to get that item" things and a good example of how trade has turned PoE upside down. My god, are not new players literally told to "find a build on the forums until you learn the game"? We literally tell players from the start that PoE is about finding currency, not gear.

It's so awesome to have such complexity and options in a game like PoE. But it's also toxic. Maybe because of the way the game is made, maybe because of the player base, either way it's not healthy. GGG needs to just make the requested changes to trade on console, or make some fundamental changes to the game.

Edit: Trying to think of another way of saying this... Maybe the severe issues with trade on console is just shining light that something in PoE is way off the rails.
Last edited by tmconway on Jan 20, 2021, 10:18:14 AM
The only real issue with Console trading is :

A : Small playerbase.

B : Price Fixing.

A allows B to happen.

The other real problem is everyone playing the same meta builds, less items, more demand, prices go sky high. And players not making themselves a cheap farming build, the go straight for the multiple Exalts to tens of exalts build out of the gate, can't get the pieces they want get frustrated and quit.

Every League I make a build that costs Chaos to build and will allow me to farm end game, then I make my chase build, you CANNOT skip this unless you have a group of friends and you're being fed gear. But players make builds that don't work unless you have every piece of gear, get stuck farming blood aqueducts for Chaos recipe and implode from repetitive boredom syndrome.

Make yourself a CHEAP end game farming build. Invest the time, this is not a game of short cuts.

You can see my characters my profile is open, I have builds that cost me hundreds of exalts (in total) in the course of a league, and I play with 1 Friend, and we help each other out, but I've paid through the nose, I've paid over the odds, I've been gouged for gear defining uniques/awake gems that are being price fixed. Thing is, if you don't hamstring yourself you can afford to do these things.

One thing though, and it really chaps my ass, the biggest moaners about prices are usually the worst when it comes to " I'll offer way under an items value, and ask for way OVER when they are selling."
"

A allows B to happen.

The other real problem is everyone playing the same meta builds, less items, more demand, prices go sky high. And players not making themselves a cheap farming build, the go straight for the multiple Exalts to tens of exalts build out of the gate, can't get the pieces they want get frustrated and quit.

Every League I make a build that costs Chaos to build and will allow me to farm end game, then I make my chase build, you CANNOT skip this unless you have a group of friends and you're being fed gear. But players make builds that don't work unless you have every piece of gear, get stuck farming blood aqueducts for Chaos recipe and implode from repetitive boredom syndrome.

Make yourself a CHEAP end game farming build. Invest the time, this is not a game of short cuts.

You can see my characters my profile is open, I have builds that cost me hundreds of exalts (in total) in the course of a league, and I play with 1 Friend, and we help each other out, but I've paid through the nose, I've paid over the odds, I've been gouged for gear defining uniques/awake gems that are being price fixed. Thing is, if you don't hamstring yourself you can afford to do these things.

One thing though, and it really chaps my ass, the biggest moaners about prices are usually the worst when it comes to " I'll offer way under an items value, and ask for way OVER when they are selling."

Those are completely different issues, but the fact the trade system is a chore in itself to use is one of the biggest issues. You literally have to sit there for way to long trying to find gear to the point it becomes boring and frustrating.

I can imagine the terrible trading system being a turn off for new players, I remember it being very convoluted and frustrating, hell it still is which is why I’m posting here now. I can imagine most new and especially old returning PC players won’t want to stick around for that convoluted BS which compounds the low player issue. Chat system has helped me personally a little bit - only real plus we’ve had to trading so far.

Trade system as it stands basically feels like the RS grand exchange without the stuff that makes the grand exchange worth using.
Last edited by Yougotsonnend on Jan 21, 2021, 1:53:51 AM
"

A allows B to happen.

I would add C: GGG wants trading and requires it to advance due to horrible RNG convoluted system and drop rates. This combine with your A: makes B: even worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info