I'm gonna try a RF + Incinerate Templar

"
pvtchaos wrote:

Incinerate has this as attributes : Fire, Projectile, Spell
So it wont get help from area affect.

Haha alright. I have been running with the AOE gem and just noticed it doesn't apply.

So which support gems do you recommend for incinerate? I currently have a 5 linked chest with Incinerate + Mana Leech + Reduced Mana + LMP + Faster Casting.

I can spray down enemies and never run out of mana. When I get better mana regen I will replace either mana leech or reduced mana for fire penetration.

On to my spell totem with skeletons. Is it viable to link spell totem + summon skeletons + added chaos damage + minion life?
I was thinking the skeletons would be too squishy to survive a hit in merciless, but with the minion life gem they actually do pretty good (I'm in A2 merciless), so they wouldn't have a chance to hit but they do hit a few times. Is the 81–122 extra damage I get from a level 20 added chaos damage gonna do any good?
Timezone = GMT + 1
Last edited by R_Set on Apr 5, 2013, 5:28:10 PM
To me skeletons are just expendable distraction to get them off my totems. They wont do much damage neither hit every time, putting chaos damage on them is overall a mana waste. Minion speed might be a better option or even blind which costs no mana.

I would recommend a life leech instead of mana leech together with Ghost Reaver, else your ES will fall pretty quickly. Get manaregen from passives or from gear.
"
pvtchaos wrote:
Not sure if the 6% from springleaf is from max life or available life. If its the latest, its not worth it. Also consider that its got very low stats so it wont help you out very much.

Springleaf is awesome. With Zealot's Oath, you will regenerate 6% of your max energy shield per second on low life. It is extremely good.
Hm, interesting, with lowlife it could counterbalance the max fire resist loss, wonder if what happens to a RF build without low life. Need someone to test this I guess or need to be very lucky and have the shield drop ;-0
"
pvtchaos wrote:
Hm, interesting, with lowlife it could counterbalance the max fire resist loss, wonder if what happens to a RF build without low life. Need someone to test this I guess or need to be very lucky and have the shield drop ;-0

Exactly my plan. Let's say I have 400 HP and still 80% fire res with a 4k ES I would only lose 80 ES/sec and regenerate 240ES/sec from Shield alone. With my life now it can't be done (2k HP / 3k ES), RF won't take me down if I have enemies around me all the time. But it kills me after about 10 seconds if I can't hit my enemies, so for now I can't use it.

I've got a 20% quailty incinerate now. Mana is no problem at all anymore, even before the patch my mana reg was good enough to counter the massive cost. I linked it with faster projectiles for insane range. I also got life leech + ghost reaver. Question is if I should go for Vaal Pact? It would be five points out of my way to get it.

I heard that since the reg on ES (the burst reg after a few seconds) is usually alot higher than the life reg therefore my lifeleech will restore my ES very fast even without Vaal Pact. Is this correct?

"
pvtchaos wrote:
To me skeletons are just expendable distraction to get them off my totems. They wont do much damage neither hit every time, putting chaos damage on them is overall a mana waste. Minion speed might be a better option or even blind which costs no mana.

I would recommend a life leech instead of mana leech together with Ghost Reaver, else your ES will fall pretty quickly. Get manaregen from passives or from gear.

Currently I have reduced mana + spell totem + summon skeleton (quaiity) + minion life. Reduced mana isn't necessary but what do you suggest I would switch it for? Blind seems pretty good, minion speed seems great as well. But is Faster Casting gonna affect the totem significantly? If that's the case I might use that.
Timezone = GMT + 1
"
R_Set wrote:

I heard that since the reg on ES (the burst reg after a few seconds) is usually alot higher than the life reg therefore my lifeleech will restore my ES very fast even without Vaal Pact. Is this correct?

Currently I have reduced mana + spell totem + summon skeleton (quaiity) + minion life. Reduced mana isn't necessary but what do you suggest I would switch it for? Blind seems pretty good, minion speed seems great as well. But is Faster Casting gonna affect the totem significantly? If that's the case I might use that.

Lifeleech is afaik not linked to ES restore in the way you describe as above. ES restore can be very fast but only kicks in after x seconds without getting hit. Dont think lifeleech & vaal have any impact on the timer whatsoever.
*edit* If I really need my ES back up fast I pop a *dispels burning flask*, once back up I turn RF on again.

Question is do you really need instant lifeleech ? If the answer is yes, then your ES is probably too low. Youre close by the EVA/ES passives nodes from shadow, better spend some points there if you need extra ES. As extra bonus you will get hit abit less.

Anything that helps skeletons stay alive for longer helps, so minion speed, blind, minion damage are good option. Faster casting will let the totem cast the skeletons faster.
Last edited by pvtchaos on Apr 9, 2013, 11:01:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info