The Warlord Mystery Box

unlucky for me :`(
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Just bought the one as I usually do. I was hoping for the Suffering Portal Effect. Didn't get it, got the Suffering pet instead: https://youtu.be/Jug9284ZsA4

I'm pretty happy with it.
The Warlord Mystery Box. I like some of the items yes, and others not so much. But I guess I will buy a box or 2 when it releases, just for curiositys sake.
Twilight in my opinion is one of the very much better ones yes.
DON'T BUY THIS! Unless they fix the dupes, seriously.

700 Coins in boxes and:
3 Misery Boots
2 Misery Footprints
3 Suffering Helmets
2 Broken Sword Pets
2 Misery Shield Charge Effect
2 Suffering Back Attachments.

Not Dupped:
Misery Weapon Effect
Suffering Boots
Suffering Body
Misery Helm Attachment

I've never been so angry at GGG as I am now. I know it's gambling, but these odds are incredibly badly designed. As I programmer, there are only 2 explanations: it's a SCAM, cash grab, with fake odds. Or it is really really bad designed, with some RNG based in something really trivial, that doesn't give a decent random value.

With 30 boxes of 24 repetitions, all this is the last time I bought these boxes, ggg twisted the chance to incredible audacity... 0 rare... Do not buy this already outright scam!!!!!!!
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Jan 18, 2021, 1:34:40 PM
I like these boxes, and I've spent a decent amount of money on the mystery boxes that I liked. Duplicates are just quite annoying and they can really pile up. GGG should also realise that many people buy points to look cool but also because they like to support the game. Obviously dupes area problem with boxes like this so this suggestion would be a middle ground for both parties.

-- I understand that GGG releases boxes like this outside of the regular support packs, it is a good way to make some money and without money they cannot keep PoE alive.

- Keeping that in mind I understand why they don't start with refunding these duplicates, they'll just straight up make a lot less money.

-- Players like to look good and players like their skill effects to be cool. Players like the quality of life of stash tabs and some of them might even buy a support pack just because they want to give GGG some cash as a thank you for a really fun game. But the players also hate wasting money, everybody does. Having 8 duplicates of an item you don't need more than 1 of can be infuriating.

- Players want a way to refund these duplicates, preferably at the full price they paid for them, because why would they waste money on a double?

Middle ground solution: Selecting 2 items (items that came out of the box naturally) of your choosing creates a new box. This will allow people to use duplicates to get a another box to try. And even though GGG will lose money this way this newly acquired mystery box will have the same chance as all other boxes so its still gambling.

It wouldn't be perfect but I feel both parties could be satisfied with something like this. But hey, I'm sure they thought of something like this already, and I won't be the first player to have mentioned this. Just wanted it out there.
"
Lammersma wrote:
Selecting 2 items (items that came out of the box naturally) of your choosing creates a new box.

I like this, and I’d guess that ggg would sell more boxes, if people have confidence that they’re not taking a high risk of completely wasting their money.
Take my advice. I'm not using it.
Got pretty lucky, got both sets, all accessories and most of the combined set, save for the back/wings. At a really good point value.

But ultimately I didn't get the Suffering Weapon, which is the one thing I really wanted.

And buying more, would simply be printing dupes.

Feels kinda dumb.
Last edited by Snowflakesz on Jan 18, 2021, 5:19:18 PM
Well, duplicaes been discussed for a long time and what to do with this.
Many bright & brilliant ideas have been tossed around, but GGG is and will still not do anything about it, so don´t get your hopes up for anything soon.
So many dupes, honestly just sad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info