[3.13] CoC Firestorm Battlemage DPS League Start

How much of a handicap would it be not having a Yoke? I'm playing SSF. Thanks
I can't describe how much I'm enjoying this build! It's very flexible, too. I decided to anoint my yoke with lucidity, then you don't need mana leech.

But then I got into trouble trying to get 3g3b on my 6l chest. But I ended up with 2g1r3b and decided inspiration is a GREAT substitute for hypothermia. More damage and crit chance, really nice.

But then I was at 0 mana cyclone! But all I had to do was back off the health and mana reduction nodes, and I'm at 1 mana cyclone. I can bank those as health nodes elsewhere.

Truly, this is an excellent build. Lots of growth potential here. Hope the OP comes back because he scored here!
"
Seanj0 wrote:
How much of a handicap would it be not having a Yoke? I'm playing SSF. Thanks

IMHO the yoke is not very necessary. But consider it gives damage per ailment, so maybe hypothermia is not the support you want, either.
I wonder what happened to the OP? Still only at 9 on achievements, hope he/she is all right!
Doesn't having Phase Run defeat the purpose of having Blood Rage? It consumes all your frenzy stacks,so basically making u lose 12% "more" damage.

Also I'm a bit confused is hypothermia for the extra ailment cause of yoke?
I'm trying to figure out why he's using hypothermia and fire damage over time multipliers,when the burn damage is soo low.
I've even pob'd with fire clusters the dmg increase seems so insignificant.

Can anyone elaborate what am I not seeing here?
Really fun build for anyone wondering! I wanted to try this build with the new Celestial Firestorm MTX. Currently level 62, and it's been a breeze. Some things I was confused on for leveling so if anyone has questions:

1.) I leveled with Fireball + Fire Wall until 28. Switched to Firestorm right away and it was a breeze with WoC and Flamability.
2.) I leveled with Firestorm until I could equip Martyr of Innocence (lvl 52). I switched right away with the 6l (Tabula), and it has been a slaughter.
3.) For the tree, I went: Light of Divinity, Holy Dominion, Devotion, Divine Judgment, Purity of Flesh, then got every crit chance staff node to prepare for the CoC switch.
4.) Currently at 43% Crit chance with Righteous Providence on the ascendancy. I did my merc lab at lvl 58, it was easy.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions! :)
"
Eternaal wrote:
I'm trying to figure out why he's using hypothermia and fire damage over time multipliers,when the burn damage is soo low.
I've even pob'd with fire clusters the dmg increase seems so insignificant.

Can anyone elaborate what am I not seeing here?

He is using hypothermia because he has a way to apply chill to enemies that hit him, via Arctic armor. As such any enemy that hits him will be chilled automatically. on top of that you leave chilled ground behind you which can chill people chasing you, which is great for cyclone since you are always moving.

IMO i am not sure how helpful the skill gem really is though. 700k of OP's dps comes from hypothermia which will not be applied to most enemies at all times. It may be negligible however since the OP would still have 1.8m dps without hypothermia.

Ideally elemental focus (or awakened) would be used, and you would lose the mediocre burn damage. You would gain an extra 150k ish damage and it would apply to all enemies hit instead of only chilled enemies. Likewise hypothermia is mostly useless linked to cyclone in this setup since cyclone is not able to chill or do cold damage that would enable it to chill.

as for the fire damage over time multipliers, those are mostly byproduct stats that the op is getting while obtaining % increased fire damage. you can get rid of essentially all the fire damage nodes on the tree and replace them with a good cluster jewel set that focus' more on increasing the damage and aoe firestorm (and cyclone as well)

I am not to sure on the attack speed vs cast on crit internal cool down, but potentially you might need to increase or decrease your attacks per second to hit certain breakpoints. hopefully this helps.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
I'm in SSF and dropped Martyr so trying this build. What would the cluster jewel look like, Jgizle? It feels like the PoB is all over the place.
Here's my build so far: https://pastebin.com/4Fz4YC3r

I went for no cluster jewels and it's doing quite well. I can clear pretty much everything. I'm sure there are some optimizations that can make this even better.

As someone that's not that great at this game, this build has helped me do more content than I've ever done before on an insanely small budget. All you really need to get going is Martyr.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info