[3.13] CoC Firestorm Battlemage DPS League Start

Hey there, just wanted to throw out the build I'm using in case anyone is looking for something similar.

This build makes use of the new inquisitor ascendancy and requires very little investment but is infinitely saleable.

We also use Ancestral protectors to increase our cyclone Hit Rate to above 8 which allows us to proc Firestorm 6.5 times per second with a high critical strike chance.

This is a true battlemage with high requirements for both melee and spell casting capabilities.

https://pastebin.com/zbK3b5Hm

Tips

Casting flame dash in the middle of a cyclone is a great way to reset your lingering consecrated ground buff.

Sometimes its best to just stand still during a boss fight. We receive buffs that reduce our damage taken while stationary.

Once you can afford a Martyr Of Innocence don't forget to take a look at your ascendancy's. This weapon basically allows us to have 5 Ascendancy selections.

I recommend the Stormwall unique as a cheap staff to use until you can afford a Martyr of Innocence.

The only thing you really need is a little bit of mana gained on hit to maintain your cyclone.

Level Vitality to ~6-9... If you cant cast totems twice you've gone to far and need more mana available.

Try and find Flammability ring for quick and easy cursing.

The build is still a work in progress but it is without a doubt the most enjoyable and effective character I've used. If you have questions comment below.

Offenses

~2 Million Shaper Firestorm DPS
340000K DPS Cyclone
1 Million DPS Ancestral Protector
90% Crit Chance
High mobility
Quick clear speed
Totems are excellent for bossing
Lingering Regens quickly reset with movement skills so there is no need to stop and remain stationary during any part of the fight. However if you do remain stationary during a boss fight we receive numerous buffs for doing so.

Defenses

-1k Life Regen
-1k Energy Shield Regen
-58% Block Chance
-10% Spell Block
-48% Phys Dmg Reduction
-Blood & Sand - Sand Stance
-Arctic Armor
-High Mobility

Ascendancy's

1-Instruments of Virtue- I used this for leveling as high levels of offense are often the best defense.
2-Sanctuary
3-Pious Path
At This point I saved enough currency for a Martyr of Innocence which is the perfect endgame weapon. It gives us a free Ascendancy so I removed Instruments of Virtue and put the points into Righteous Providence
4-Righteous Providence
5-Augury of Penitence

Gems

Cast on Critical Strike
Cyclone
Hypothermia

Firestorm - Upgrade to Anomalous when you can.
Concentrated Effect
Combustion

Ancestral Protector
Fortify
Ruthless
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Multiple Totems
Immolate

Cast When Damage Taken
Immortal Call
Increased Duration

Phase Run

Summon Stone Golem
Blood Rage
Wave of Convivtion
Flame Dash

Herald of Ash
Vitality
Flesh and Stone
Arctic Armour

Last edited by Joomin on Jan 19, 2021, 9:54:32 AM
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2021, 2:20:58 PM
hey. i look you have custom 1 jewel with " 200% firestorm cast speed". What the hell is this?
Yeah I too am puzzled by the firestorm gem, it also changes alot of the dps numbers on the POB when taken out. Still cool build and am going to try.
Hrmm though I mate a note about that. That is there because Path of building does not take into account your triggered attacks from Cast on crit. Cast on crit triggers every .15 seconds or ~6.5 per second. Since path of building does not input that automatically we have to add it via the gem which brings our cast rate to roughly 6 per second.
Hey dude, thanks for the build, it looks interesting indeed.
Few questions pls:
1- Can we start using Cyclone+Firestorm starting lvl 28 or better wait ?
2- Any suggested progression in passive while leveling ?
3- Can we tackle any content or is this a starter build and needs to be rerolled once red maps hit ?
4- Why Hypotermia ?

Thanks
Last edited by Yloss on Jan 21, 2021, 10:00:22 AM
Build seems interesting, but just coming to drop in to make sure you know all the working of CoC. The actual ingame cooldown isnt exactly 150ms. There's a reddit post explaining it really well you can google.

"
hey. i look you have custom 1 jewel with " 200% firestorm cast speed". What the hell is this?

I think they're trying to get Firestorms cast speed to match COC proc rate so they can see the dps. CoC is triggering Firestorm way more than 2 times per second so the dps will be higher than what POB shows
The build looks pretty interesting but the PoB is confusing. You have 500 rampage stacks in the config with no way of starting rampage as far as I can tell. Frenzy charges/onslaught is clicked and no way to generate either of those either. No flasks so you can add in a silver easily enough for onslaught but still don't see the frenzy generation. You could anoint charging offensive which could solve that though I guess. You only get power by blocking which will happen all the time mapping but i'm assuming not against someone like sirus.
Very fun build so far, just getting into red maps and no problems yet (lvl 88) with lots of room for improvement.

"
Constermock wrote:
The build looks pretty interesting but the PoB is confusing. You have 500 rampage stacks in the config with no way of starting rampage as far as I can tell. Frenzy charges/onslaught is clicked and no way to generate either of those either. No flasks so you can add in a silver easily enough for onslaught but still don't see the frenzy generation. You could anoint charging offensive which could solve that though I guess. You only get power by blocking which will happen all the time mapping but i'm assuming not against someone like sirus.

Not sure about the 500 rampage, but you get frenzy charges from Blood Rage.

Onslaught, like you said either a flask or an abyss jewel. Or Redeemer boots I suppose.
Hey really great job on this build! I don't get to play a lot every day, saw this on Monday so I'm still ramping up, level 67 now. But it is SO MUCH fun. I really love how you synergized everything so that all of the attacks are meaningful in terms of damage (cyclone, ancestral protector, and firestorm).

Part of it is the damn staff and battlemage, I think it's too OP but please no nerfs! I'm going to be playing this one each league for a while, I think! And the staff is really cheap already. I could get it immediately and I'm no rich man.

Been playing since Beta, I think you deserve a lot more attention for this one.

There are a few tweaks in terms of nodes and items that I think could happen, honestly, and the build is SO cheap you could really deck this out to something amazing IMO.

For example, and I'll try to suggest more later, what about the Crown of the Inward Eye? Seems like it could really shine for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info