What's going on with the Servers?

"
Black__Dawn wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

I can't name a AAA game that i bought in 2013 and i still play today.
That tells a lot.

That tells a lot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism#Repetitive_behavior

"
Alot of the salt in this thread seems like it comes from people that can't buy MTX. It's alright, guys. Enough of us spend money on the game that you can keep yours to yourself.

A noble knight, too bad you get hot trash in return and make sure it remains hot trash.

"
leto2626 wrote:
In the first time in 7 years I decided to play in the permanent Standard League and this might have been the best call I did in a long time. I haven't DC'd or crashed a single time and I can enjoy the new endgame. I feel for all the people having issues as this expansion is probably my favorite.

Standard is dc once every 5-10 minutes, you got on a server with some streamer scum.

So you're calling me autistic because i still enjoy this game after 7 years.
I can't imagine how miserable must your life be in order to have such hate for people that support this game so you can play for free.
Last edited by PsOfOs on Jan 18, 2021, 4:36:34 PM
"
MoarStuff wrote:
"
Tharkkun wrote:

$60? Do you smoke (average of $208 a month) or drink (average of $150 a month)? Do you eat out or cook your entire meal or meals from scratch? Any of those things and I think you also have a problem. Why needlessly waste your money when you could supporting a company of a game you enjoy?

When you think that purchasing a bunch of pixels in order to keep your favorite game afloat is in any way comparable in value to sustaining yourself in real life, that's indeed where the disconnect begins. That's how attached some of you have become to this and therefore you don't think about the face value anymore, it becomes more of a reflex. When my thoughts would revolve around no other game than PoE, I'd probably do the same.

I'm sorry you lack the disposable income to donate to a free game. I really am but that doesn't in any way make people disconnected from reality. It's entertainment and its my money. Not yours.

But feel free to try and discredit things you're unable to have. Obviously you love this game or you wouldn't be here posting.
Second time the game crashed in uber lab.

It really starts to tick me off.

"Unable to connect to patching server"

Gz...
Is anything being done to resolve the awful latency issues, or are we going to have to wait until player numbers diminish in the coming days once the newness has worn off?

Is the original post fixing this too, or just the disconnects?

Thanks. The league has been great so far. One of my favourites in fact :)
i have crashed 3 times when nearly completing the lv 75 trial.... going crazyyy
Losing count of the number of rituals that have gone to the waste bin because it crashes as i start the third or fourth...kinda hard to enjoy the league when it is impossible to reliably get the highest tier reward offerings.

Update would be appreciated.
Last edited by kramuti on Jan 21, 2021, 2:23:34 AM
Lol every league I've played I'm starting to notice a pattern more and more. Muh covid, muh 11% peak increase, muh databases, etc etc etc.

It kinda sucks because this is a great game but the management in GGG is god awful. They're lucky the game is good enough to override their terrible releases. Imagine how great of a game it could be if properly managed.

Their solution? Just be shrewd and make posts like this - in the format of a youtube apology video. The "honesty" and "communication" doesn't erase the mistake that you consistently keep making every release. Yeah sure database vs covid vs whatever, it all comes down to 1) poor management, 2) poor testing, 3) not taking any presumptive actions. GGG's deployment model unfortunately seems to be push a half working league out on deadline and fix the things their management didnt care to think about when it wasn't displayed directly in front of their face in the form of annoyed players. And then perform damage control - "We are sincerely sorry about this unforseen circumstances, we are doing our best to fix the issues. Here's some easy to digest, honest information about our issues, thank you for your support :)". Last step - grab the cash and rinse and repeat. If any other company performed the way you do, they'd be head under water. But again, you have a great product so keep on keepin' on. It's business after all.

The really sad part is this only happens because people allow it to happen - aka the majority of people in this thread saying "thanks :)" or "great communication chris!", "keep up the hard work, I'm sure it's tough!". Imagine empathizing with a company to hurt your own interests as a consumer lmao. Over and over again, these people will celebrate and give a thumbs up to half assed leagues because "they're trying their best :)". POE has a weirdly disproportionately high amount of live-love-laughers.

inb4 m-MUH free game!! Doesn't change the fact you're a doormat

Genuinely hope something happens that forces GGG to change how they release leagues. Once the routine apologies go away, that's a good sign. Unfortunately this probably won't happen til the money dries up.

Why is there no official announcement about the trade servers?

Since this league started they've been offline more than they've been online, and when they're working you need to spend half a dozen attempts and five minutes of refreshes and errors before you get a result for a single search.

It's been terrible for several leagues now, but 3.13 has been the worst to date, with an enforced SSF levelling experience on the entire community.
I'm out of the Ritual League or should I say Disconnect League for good. Just about had it with all the disconnects and client crashes. I'm disappointed that these issues haven't been fixed yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info