After crashing can't close the program even through task manager.

"
ninjalabs wrote:
I've been playing since 2013 and this probably the most heinous issue to date. Forcing a hard restart compromises hard drive integrity.

DX11 just doesn't cut it, especially in areas like Valdo's Rest with Harbinger packs.

Does GGG expect its customer base to be running $1000+ video cards?

I am running a 3080, but i'm having this same issue in vulkan, switching to dx11 "fixes" it
I have the same problem that started exactly after patch.

During a fight the game freezes, cant end task and have to hard shut down.

My pc is brand new top notch and only my graphics card is old (1650).

I followed your advise and show i am using Direct X 12. should i move to 11?
Update:

Direct X was too unstable for me and FPS was jumping up and down. I switched to Vulcan, FPS were stable but i experience the freezes.

Now i moved back to Direct X and will test. FPS jumps up and down again but when i disabled Vsinc it became smooth. Maybe i will help someone else. Will see if it works without crashing
"
mozterugla wrote:
are you guys playing through steam, or standalone client? I just swapped to standalone, and occasionally the game crashes. but haven't had to restart pc since i swapped

I was playing through Stream as well, but last night I switched to the POE client. I got to play for about 8 hours before the game crashed and closed on its own. I was expecting the crash since I was seeing odd graphic glitches like surfaces not being fully rendered for about 5 minutes. Hopefully this is the end to the hard power down/reset issue. Still the game crashing needs to be address.
Last edited by Ziltik01 on Feb 11, 2021, 9:53:10 PM
I just got it 4 times this saturday in a 4 hour play. Literally unplayable since the 3.13 came around.

And im using Vulkan because the FPS keeps getting up and down ALL THE TIME with DX 11.
Last edited by rafadill on Feb 13, 2021, 5:46:08 PM
Same issue but with a twist.
When PoE freezes its "soft-lock" for me - I can alt-tab, open taskmanager etc. Only PoE application is frozen and can't be closed. Steam shows that PoE is "running". But if I restart Steam, it is possible to start another instance of PoE. Then when the second PoE freezes it becomes a "hard-lock" - no mouse movement, Capslock/Numlock not working and only reset helps.
same issue here, started after the last patch
never had it lock up that bad that even task manager cant kill it
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Renderer: Vulkan
same issue.
only "solution" is re-enter game every hour xd
Same problem happened twice in the last two hours, never happened before. Fix the game please :) Having to force turn off my computer isn't good.
How come gg is not responding to this at all ? It's been a month and people are still having this problem. What the heck :V ?

I've had this problem a lot lately. Very frustrating that I have to force shut down my pc everytime... It happens multiple times a day, never had this issue in other leagues before or other games for that matter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info