After crashing can't close the program even through task manager.

I've been having this issue literally everyday since the league started. Game completely freezes, process shows up in task manager but it cannot be ended and I have to restart my computer. The only thing I noticed is that it's happening after 3-4 hours of game play. I will try to pay attention to when exactly happens because I feel that it's after a specific amount of time.

This is beyond frustrating at this point...

LE: No crash reports, no info, nothing. Game just freezes.
Last edited by laurmetall on Feb 3, 2021, 5:11:44 AM
After yesterday's crashes I have decided I can't play this game anymore. It wasn't too bad when it was happening after 3 hours, but now that it's happening after every hour and a half the game is unplayable. I have a £1200 PC and this game is going to break it. Not a single word about this from GGG. I am fed up and will not return until I hear this is fixed.
Same thing happend to me. I gave it a solid 5 minutes to terminate. The game seemed to block about 70% of my ram even though it showed that only 500mb was in use by PoE.

My pc literally didn't know how to terminate to process to the point that even initiating the restart process just kept loading for 10 minutes with nothing happening.

I was forced to manually shut down the PC. This can't be healthy for the neither hard nor software. I'm running some diagnostics now.
Yesterday it happened after exactly 3 hours. Today it was between 3 and 4. Tried switching to DX11 and it runs horrible for me. Constant stuttering and frame dropping.
This is just beyond frustrating at this point.
It would be great if GGG could say literally anything about this...
"
laurmetall wrote:
Yesterday it happened after exactly 3 hours. Today it was between 3 and 4. Tried switching to DX11 and it runs horrible for me. Constant stuttering and frame dropping.
This is just beyond frustrating at this point.
It would be great if GGG could say literally anything about this...

ignoring problems and just hoping it gets forgotten is their MO
So after over a week without this crash after i switched to windowed mode, it has started happening in windowed mode too.

I've followed this game since 2011, played the beta as well, but this shit is quite literally breaking my PC and if you don't fix the issue, I am forced to quit the game for good.
task manager dose nor help i play on windowed/border less mode hard crashing i have to force my pc to shut down to be able to do anything
Imagine if this happened to a streamer, it would've been fixed within a fucking day. At least just give us an update or tell us that you're working on a fix.
Happened to me first time yesterday also after I reloaded after a client crash. It also gave me some error about PoE not allowing my GPU to do something then the screen froze when I tried to end task the other screen froze. I immediately hard restarted the computer since I didn't want it to stress out trying to do things when everything was frozen. Sound still worked fine. I switched from Vulcan to DX11 after reboot and nothing happened but only played for another hour and a half so not sure that's long enough to have tested it.

You guys need to figure out this crash issue because this is even worse than heist bugs especially the chance of bricking computers.

Edit: I have looked up the error I got and its a message saying
"Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware."
Last edited by Mallaspoe2 on Feb 7, 2021, 9:09:19 AM
I've been playing since 2013 and this probably the most heinous issue to date. Forcing a hard restart compromises hard drive integrity.

DX11 just doesn't cut it, especially in areas like Valdo's Rest with Harbinger packs.

Does GGG expect its customer base to be running $1000+ video cards?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info