[3.14] Rivalen's Wild Strike Berserker | Instant Rage & Berserk Sustain | 15M+ DPS

"
raidman4 wrote:
Love the guide, how is the build looking so far this league?

So far, so good. Real late getting going though. I'm starting duel wield this time just for science. I'll switch over eventually.
"
rvalen wrote:
"
raidman4 wrote:

So far, so good. Real late getting going though. I'm starting duel wield this time just for science. I'll switch over eventually.

Yeah I noticed that when looking at your character, so I decided to try out dual wield as well. Feels super smooth so far, don't need to worry about the slow leap slams. Might transfer over at some point as well. We will see how it goes.

Thanks!
"
raidman4 wrote:
"
rvalen wrote:
"
raidman4 wrote:

Yeah I noticed that when looking at your character, so I decided to try out dual wield as well. Feels super smooth so far, don't need to worry about the slow leap slams. Might transfer over at some point as well. We will see how it goes.

Thanks!

Exactly right about the Leap Slams. Even when my character is built with Voidforge, I can't handle those moments without Rage or Blitz charges. I need to get these phase sections done.. Also, I'll be posting a highlight video from last league here soon.
I have been following the pob for the most part, im level 88. I made a few changes with gear to my char if you want to check it out. I was having issues with my char and getting the life back fast. I killed stuff really fast just not leeching fast enough! I think ive done quite well so far, lmk what i can change! I invested into a shadowstitch for the life recover on kill just a bit ago. I havent put much currency into the build, maybe 3-4ex. I have not reached the phase i can switch to belt/gloves combo, need better gear with resists to make that switch, im trying to make sure i can survive :P
Last edited by Leethaxdk on Apr 25, 2021, 11:18:04 AM
"
Leethaxdk wrote:
I have been following the pob for the most part, im level 88. I made a few changes with gear to my char if you want to check it out. I was having issues with my char and getting the life back fast. I killed stuff really fast just not leeching fast enough! I think ive done quite well so far, lmk what i can change! I invested into a shadowstitch for the life recover on kill just a bit ago. I havent put much currency into the build, maybe 3-4ex. I have not reached the phase i can switch to belt/gloves combo, need better gear with resists to make that switch, im trying to make sure i can survive :P

The reason we can have trouble keeping life up is the life degen on Rite of Ruin combined with Blood Rage. So I have some tips for you:

1) Try to get that Shackles/Chains combo going. This allows us to Berserk most of the time. While Berserking, Rite of Ruin doesn't degen us.
2) Get the Glorious Vanity jewel (Ahuana version) asap. The overleech will keep our Life up longer.
3) You can always drop Blood Rage until you feel more comfortable with where you're at.
4) Swapping out Abyssus is ok. As a Zerker, we have enough damage to get by. I set my resistances up on other gear so that I can hot-swap it whenever I want.
Well I've started dumping some time and currency on this because I miss wild strike. Ultimately I think it's just feeling a bit clunky for me while I get used to having so many buttons.

But hell yeah is this fun to actually get to play wild strike again. So thanks for finding a way. I'm sticking to two-handed because I find it fun currently. Replica Conqueror's Efficiency is nice for being cheap, -9 mana cost and +5 max rage is pretty handy.

Probably just saving up for a Farrul's now to see how things feel. The damage is definitely there.
"
rvalen wrote:
"
Leethaxdk wrote:

The reason we can have trouble keeping life up is the life degen on Rite of Ruin combined with Blood Rage. So I have some tips for you:

1) Try to get that Shackles/Chains combo going. This allows us to Berserk most of the time. While Berserking, Rite of Ruin doesn't degen us.
2) Get the Glorious Vanity jewel (Ahuana version) asap. The overleech will keep our Life up longer.
3) You can always drop Blood Rage until you feel more comfortable with where you're at.
4) Swapping out Abyssus is ok. As a Zerker, we have enough damage to get by. I set my resistances up on other gear so that I can hot-swap it whenever I want.

So far ive updated my gear, i went with a rare helm and the gloves/belt combo for berserk, the rest of my gear has for the most part stayed the same. I am working on the jewel for overleech stuff now. Only reason i went with a rare helm is to keep my current 6l chest and max out my res. (3% life recovery on kill) rarely die now if at all, all my ultimatiums get finished as well.
"
Jathura wrote:
Well I've started dumping some time and currency on this because I miss wild strike. Ultimately I think it's just feeling a bit clunky for me while I get used to having so many buttons.

But hell yeah is this fun to actually get to play wild strike again. So thanks for finding a way. I'm sticking to two-handed because I find it fun currently. Replica Conqueror's Efficiency is nice for being cheap, -9 mana cost and +5 max rage is pretty handy.

Probably just saving up for a Farrul's now to see how things feel. The damage is definitely there.

I agree with the button pressing. I guess I've gotten somewhat used to it now.

Replica Conquerer's Efficiency is a jewel I actually used early on last league. I ended up taking it out. But I was using one extra mana regen node before I changed my tree. I may add this back in, especially since getting triple crit multi jewels isn't so easy any more.

"
Leethaxdk wrote:
"
rvalen wrote:
"
Leethaxdk wrote:

So far ive updated my gear, i went with a rare helm and the gloves/belt combo for berserk, the rest of my gear has for the most part stayed the same. I am working on the jewel for overleech stuff now. Only reason i went with a rare helm is to keep my current 6l chest and max out my res. (3% life recovery on kill) rarely die now if at all, all my ultimatiums get finished as well.

I like Shadowstitch more than I thought I did. But Farrul's is hard to give up with all it's synergy. I'm (slowly) working on a tankier version that might include more regen and leech. That degen hits real hard on maps with the 60% less recovery of life/energy shield mod.
My current setup is doing fine, eventually i want to move into a rare chest with recover % life i think and put abyssus back on later down the road. Really only using the recover % life for ultimatiums.. i have enough dmg to clear a map with ease and kill map bosses, but for ultimatiums i think its nice to recover to full health from random hits (especially with all the buffed up aura bot rares xD) My next goal for me is to start getting better resist gear/rings, i really want to invest into chaos res.
"
Leethaxdk wrote:
My current setup is doing fine, eventually i want to move into a rare chest with recover % life i think and put abyssus back on later down the road. Really only using the recover % life for ultimatiums.. i have enough dmg to clear a map with ease and kill map bosses, but for ultimatiums i think its nice to recover to full health from random hits (especially with all the buffed up aura bot rares xD) My next goal for me is to start getting better resist gear/rings, i really want to invest into chaos res.

Recovery is something I'd like to improve on the build for sure. Resists are a little tight with Abyssus as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info