Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
"
Theo1290 wrote:
Hello, was referred to this build when asking around for something light on my wrists. Just noticed that this is tagged "ssf", while I plan on playing standard. Are there better options regarding uniques instead of rare modified items or other builds that are meant for standard?

As long as this build can allow me to handle end-game content I'm happy.

Don't bother playing this in SSF, you can forget about endgame without expensive items.

How expensive? As I already said I'm not interested in ssf, but this build has only rare modified items due to it being for ssf, so I'm wondering if any unique items would do the job better.
"
Theo1290 wrote:
How expensive? As I already said I'm not interested in ssf, but this build has only rare modified items due to it being for ssf, so I'm wondering if any unique items would do the job better.

Rise of the Pheonix shield is a massive upgrade to regen, due to the high bonus to max fire resist. Normally, it's 5%, but I know it can go higher in standard because I have an 8% legacy version on one of my old RF characters. That's only a few chaos despite the legacy status. Standard has a lot of crazy options like that such that any build can be boosted to incredible heights. Your best bet is to hit up POE trade and just check out your options for each slot using parameter searches for useful stats.
"
Theo1290 wrote:

There is almost no limit for rares ;) The two most expensive ones would be:
- A helmet with Burning Damage support, Concentrated Effect support and 30% more elemental damage that would make RF a 7-link is easily 10+ exa
- A sceptre with T1 fire damage over time multiplier, 100%+ increased fire damage and +1 to all fire spell skill gems is also very expensive
Less expensive but also useful:
- gloves with fire damage over time multiplier
- an amulet with fire damage over time multiplier
- boots with fortify support

Basically any item with "+1 to all fire spell skill gems" while keeping good rolled life and resistances (chaos including) will start making items expensive.
First time trying a RF build.

Pretty sure I've screwed up, close to lvl 66 and still can't remotely sustain RF (true, haven't really looked to my items).
"
relakz wrote:

Pretty sure I've screwed up, close to lvl 66 and still can't remotely sustain RF (true, haven't really looked to my items).

Gear looks to be your main issue. That and your skill gems/links.

Don't know if you're SSF but with some basic crafting you should be able to improve what gear you're using.

If you followed the guide and tree you should be able to sustain/perform better at that level.

Check my post on the first page about some leveling ideas and early RF sustainment.
"
astrartea wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the reply but I meant https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Controlled_Destruction_Support which gives a similar more multiplier to inspiration at full charges but doesn't require you to have Inspiration linked to a mana spending skill.
However since Inspiration also gives Cyclone higher crit change it's probably better because of Elemental Overload.
I just wanted to explore some options and to free up one gem socket from Cyclone.
Oh I see astrartea!

Ya. Inspiration is better. Controlled Destruction doesn't help RF at all because RF doesn't scale with spell damage (even though it's a spell). It' not a written rule anywhere but DOT skill don't scale off of Spell damage unless it specifically states so in the gem description.

And good point that Inspiration improves Cyclone's Crit chance for EO as well.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
"
Decoydoll wrote:
I have a question about flammability being used through ball lightning and Cwdt. Wouldn't it require a curse on hit for ball lightning to actually curse?? Else the curse would probably just be cast around yourself when taking damage??

Im at lvl 49 and using this build - just wondered if i missed something here?

Nope, you're right mate. The curse is being cast off the damage you're receiving - the purpose of the ball lightning is to proc EE (ele equilibrium). Since it's lightning damage it increases lighting res but lowers enemy fire res thus making your RF damage more potent. You also curse at the same time increasing the ele res reduction.

Also it's super low lvl (CWDT lvl 1) b/c you want it to proc often to reverse the EE effects of purifying flame/wave.
Hi Decoydoll!

CarebearCthulhu answered perfectly. If you wanted a full level curse to be cast often with CwDT1, you'd need Hextouch. But that also needs a 4-link unless you're using Vengeance. (But then you're not getting EE benefits.) So finding a 4-link for that would be tough cause you'd be cutting some valuable defence.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
LetMeStall wrote:
Spoiler
I'm wondering if it's possible to use flame dash or leap slam as my mobility without it messing up EE. I'd prefer flame dash, but I would be fine with either one.
Hey LetMeStall!

Anything that isn't fire. Though Flame Dash is a DOT, I think it also has a hit in there. You could always add Flame Dash in an Unset Ring and keep Cyclone and make sure to have an Added Lightning mod to it or something. There's a cold movement skill that works just like Flame Dash but I forget what it's called. That may help.

Annnnnd

"
silvaincrqck7 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi,

What do you think about this item for this build ?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Formless_Inferno

I'm at the beginning of yellow maps and my defense is very very bad :/
I'm looking for some stuff that converts physical damage taken as fire.

Other thing, i tried a level 1 blighted map and it was a epic fail.
I didn't success to kill even the first unique monster (i was lvl 84 with a 5L RF and NO monster life increased in map stat)
The single target damage is very low.

What is your experience with blighted map ?

BTW, this build is very interesting :) (but really not the more OP ^^)
Hey silvaincrqck7!

I don't really pay attention to uniques. You're welcome to try any out and see how it functions. Feel free to add whatever you like. If it doesn't work out, just revert back to the guide.

This build does totally fine on Blighted Maps. You will be dependant on tower management though. One thing to keep in mind is that the Character level and Gem level are quite different. Gem level is a big factor when dealing damage. Though your tree looks just like the guide's, it does look like you've changed the gem setup quite a lot. There's a lot of synergy in what's posted in the guide...both for offence and defence. So if you're changes aren't working out the way you'd hoped, just start moving back to what the guide shows instead.

RF builds are REALLY dependent on gear if you're looking for OVERPOWERED damage. 6 Links also help. So if you're hoping for that crazy OP damage, level your gems, get that insane Sceptre, and a 6-link too. It's a grind game. Hang in there.

Annnnnd

"
relakz wrote:

For sustain. I'd advise refunding the 3 points for the cluster jewel and some of the ring of life nodes to focus more on notables that help sustain... in particular, Combat Stamina (1% regen), Warrior's Blood (1.8% regen), and Barbarism (1% max fire resist). That's easy to fix. The bigger 'mistake' you made was ascendancies. Getting the 4 golem nodes first would have helped sustain with the golem buff improvements. We're getting a lot of life regen from the stone golem. Vitality (regen) and Purity of Fire (max fire resist) auras are both very important to. I don't see those on your gear, but maybe you have them stashed somewhere ready to go. Both need to be leveled up for use, as they start weak.

If you're not SSF, you can pickup a Springleaf shield easily for 3% life regen. At lv 65 you can equip Rise of the Pheonix shield for 5% more max fire resist. Either of those will help a lot with sustain.

Sustain is just a matter of math. RF is doing 90% of your max life as fire damage per second.

So, (Max Life) * 0.9 * (1 - FireResist/100) = Damage per second

You want your life regen to be higher than that to sustain, and ideally a fair bit higher because that's how we stay alive without life leech.

As an example, if you had planned everything out to sustain RF, around lv 60/70, you'd probably have about 3.5k hp and 80% fire resist (75+ 2 from tree + 3 from Purity of Fire). Purity eventually hits 4, but not leveled that high yet.

So damage would be = 3500 * 0.9 * 0.2 = 630 per second. You'd need that much life regen to break even... which is about 18% life regen, but golems and vitality aura help out a lot there. You just need to make sure you clean up the big life regen nodes in the tree.

If you add Rise of the Pheonix shield to the mix, you hit 85% resist on that example, bringing the damage down to 472, which is a big help. The shield also comes with decent base life and a some resistances, so it's just a good choice all around.

EDIT: I should note, that there is no harm in playing into T1 maps without RF. Firestorm/Scorching Ray/ect will serve just fine for a little while. You should be able to grind up to lv 75 and get your next 2 ascendancy points without a lot of trouble. That buys you time to fill out what you're missing. Low maps don't need a lot of damage.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Jan 21, 2021, 2:43:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info