[3.15] Elementalist Discharge | 3M+ DPS 10M+ total damage ignites | Purple and no Purple version

Just had a quick question/clarification required on the build.

Originally was following the Chieftan Discharge build you did, was quite enjoying it, and noticed there was an Ele variant as well. Not currently on Ritual League, so figured I'd try out the Traditional Version of things.

Was the fact that Wave of Conviction is no longer on CWDT due to us not taking Avatar of Fire, or another reason? Are we self casting this now as opposed to having it trigger on CWDT?

Hoping to enjoy this as much as I was with the Chieftan (though only got it to 86/87 before seeing the Ele version and wanted to try it out with the free respec that we get), I imagine its still a strong/viable option even if Traditional vs Blackflame?

Cheers and stay safe!
"
Jotz wrote:
Just had a quick question/clarification required on the build.

Originally was following the Chieftan Discharge build you did, was quite enjoying it, and noticed there was an Ele variant as well. Not currently on Ritual League, so figured I'd try out the Traditional Version of things.

Was the fact that Wave of Conviction is no longer on CWDT due to us not taking Avatar of Fire, or another reason? Are we self casting this now as opposed to having it trigger on CWDT?

Hoping to enjoy this as much as I was with the Chieftan (though only got it to 86/87 before seeing the Ele version and wanted to try it out with the free respec that we get), I imagine its still a strong/viable option even if Traditional vs Blackflame?

Cheers and stay safe!

AoF is not needed since the new elementalist lets all damage burn. So everything gets turned into ignite damage and scaled through ignite/fire/dot passives.

I switched up the CWDT since elementalist gives extra exposure I felt it was better to be able to front load it and apply combustion at the same time without needing to wait for CWDT to proc. You can run it the same as Chieftain version if wanted. I have not tested the non blackflame version for elementalist yet myself so if it feels weird let me know.

My idea was. Drop Orb of Storms for charge generation, WoC once boss is attackable to curse and debuff, then discharge. Since you'll need to build charges anyway it gives us more time before the first discharge to apply things.
Ahhh I see now, I was still having the exact same layout/setup as the Chieftan so I wasn't entirely sure, and just wanted to clarify things! Appreciate it as well as it might've, most likely, been a newb point of view on it ahaha.

Definitely need to get used to the playstyle of the Ele compared to the Chieftan, but I've been enjoying Discharge as a whole thanks to your guides!

Any advice for someone switching from the Chieftan Discharge to Ele?

hey im trying this build and its really fun. Im currently at level 85, and the only problem i have, is the stuns. How do you deal with them? I just figured i will use brine king soul, but thats just trash. Only solution is stun reduction from lab? Otherwise the mobs cancel your discharge and it goes into cooldown...
Hey, the build seems pretty fine on damage but I'm having issues with tankiness. Any suggestions?
"
BlastBanger wrote:
hey im trying this build and its really fun. Im currently at level 85, and the only problem i have, is the stuns. How do you deal with them? I just figured i will use brine king soul, but thats just trash. Only solution is stun reduction from lab? Otherwise the mobs cancel your discharge and it goes into cooldown...

Stun lab enchant helps a ton. A lot of it boils down to positioning, same as any caster faces. Try to always flame dash in between 2 packs. Your AoE will cover both packs and you will be free to cast. You also pick up a couple charges from your ignites across the first pack if you are empty.

Brine king will save you from chain stuns which will be enough to get a cast off and clear the area. But I never run it.

Luckily boot enchants aren't that hard to farm. I haven't bothered myself, but once I craft my endgame boots I'll farm for it. Buy a few twice enchanted prophecies on a good lab day and you can knock it out in no time.

"
Anoldblindguy wrote:
Hey, the build seems pretty fine on damage but I'm having issues with tankiness. Any suggestions?

Do you have your uber lab? Shield helps a lot. Also, watch your CWDT loop and don't let it get to crazy. If you drop Orb of Storms in a big pack you can get melted pretty fast, only use it on bosses. Otherwise, just keep upgrading gear and getting life nodes. I'm up to 88 and feeling pretty good, cant stand and face tank anything but this build isn't about that.
Last edited by bodhe on Jan 18, 2021, 4:26:25 PM
I'm all over this. Looks great. I played CHieftan version early on last league and it was great.

Any recommendations for spells to use for leveling to 48 or so? I have a Replica Ambu's, and the rings waiting...Eye of Innocence will have to wait. Hoping to get to it as soon as 49 ( the ring level requirement). My experience with Chieftan was the Eye of Innocence isn't strictly necessary

"
Anoldblindguy wrote:

Do you have your uber lab? Shield helps a lot. Also, watch your CWDT loop and don't let it get to crazy. If you drop Orb of Storms in a big pack you can get melted pretty fast, only use it on bosses. Otherwise, just keep upgrading gear and getting life nodes. I'm up to 88 and feeling pretty good, cant stand and face tank anything but this build isn't about that. [/quote]

I think firestorm was actually doing more damage than i thought. got rid of this and i think im dying a little less now. thanks.
Firestorm is key to getting charges. Did you maybe level it beyond level 1?
"
I'm all over this. Looks great. I played CHieftan version early on last league and it was great.

Any recommendations for spells to use for leveling to 48 or so? I have a Replica Ambu's, and the rings waiting...Eye of Innocence will have to wait. Hoping to get to it as soon as 49 ( the ring level requirement). My experience with Chieftan was the Eye of Innocence isn't strictly necessary

Fire ball/Flame Wall - I have links in the PoB, same tree works fine, I used it until last night, around level 85 or so.

"
Anoldblindguy wrote:

I think firestorm was actually doing more damage than i thought. got rid of this and i think im dying a little less now. thanks.

Yeah, I am lazy but really you can pull CWDT gem during mapping, its only for boss charge generation. I just don't care for gem switching and have learned to play around it.

We take 24 damage per time we ignite a mob, so a firestorm in a big pack can add up fast. Once it starts looping your taking a a lot damage a second. DPS plays a factor too, if you cant clear the screen in one shot it keeps ramping it up.

I am going to work on a cluster jewel version soon that will drop CWDT all together.

"
Firestorm is key to getting charges. Did you maybe level it beyond level 1?

Both Orb of Storms and Firestorm. Discharge will supply all of the charges you need mapping in conjunction with the unique items, so both of those are just for bossing.

I leveled firestorm to 4 to keep it triggerable. Level 1 is just the same, it's not doing any dps on its own.
Last edited by bodhe on Jan 18, 2021, 5:12:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info