[3.14] Elementalist Discharge | 7M+ DPS 30M+ total damage ignites | Purple and no Purple version

"
Daemon243 wrote:
Thoughts on adding Blue Dream in a socket below barbarism? You'd have to spend 8 points but you gain 25% more damage for mapping at least


I don't think mapping will need a boost, I ran this as a chieftain to level 94 with ~2M dps and never had an issue mapping, just bosses. With 3x the DPS on this build mapping will be pretty ezmode. Those 8 points will have to come out of damage nodes so you can stay in the 5.5k hp range so its costing boss DPS for map DPS. The opposite of what we need.

If it were on hit and able to be used on bosses then it would be amazing. I'd love to work PCoC in with Orb of Storms/increased crit but we need more sockets.

"
Thesource674 wrote:
I am kind of super interested to play this as league starter but this is an archetype I am totally unfamiliar with. You dont have to hold my hand but do you have some recommendations on leveling skills for this? I feel like fireball could follow a very similar tree to start?

Also what do you think are some key items to get before you start using mainly discharge? I imagine Blood Rage and Warcrys are enough to more or less keep you going but the replica armor is going to take a minute to pop up early league I feel and definitely the same for Eye.

Thoughts? Thanks for the guide this is definitely a top contender for me this league!


My plan is to play as flamewall/fireball until I get Eye of Innocence, Replica Ambus and blackflame. Hopefully blackflame isn't too rare since it's new. Most likely the longest wait till be for Eye of Innocence. Last league I bought the first one on the market for 4ex, as massive overpayment, but I wanted to make sure my theory worked well since I had a lot of people following the build guide. Now that I know the combo works so smoothly if you're patient you can get for 20c after a week.

Luckily fireball/flamewall is a great build in its own right and shares a lot of the same tree/ascendency. You could also do divine ire, flameblast, pretty much anything that ignites and have the same tree.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Thesource674 wrote:
I am kind of super interested to play this as league starter but this is an archetype I am totally unfamiliar with. You dont have to hold my hand but do you have some recommendations on leveling skills for this? I feel like fireball could follow a very similar tree to start?

Also what do you think are some key items to get before you start using mainly discharge? I imagine Blood Rage and Warcrys are enough to more or less keep you going but the replica armor is going to take a minute to pop up early league I feel and definitely the same for Eye.

Thoughts? Thanks for the guide this is definitely a top contender for me this league!

\

Luckily fireball/flamewall is a great build in its own right and shares a lot of the same tree/ascendency. You could also do divine ire, flameblast, pretty much anything that ignites and have the same tree.


Can you make a leveling guide for FB/FW with allocating points like 30/60/90/120 versions ?
IGN: KorzoN_x / PRIDE_KorzoN_
"
korzon3k wrote:


Can you make a leveling guide for FB/FW with allocating points like 30/60/90/120 versions ?


https://pastebin.com/Qj2ALjnf

Here ya go, main post updated with actual PoB link as well.

We end up with about 2M fireball dps with the same tree. Should be good enough to carry until the uniques can be had.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
korzon3k wrote:


Can you make a leveling guide for FB/FW with allocating points like 30/60/90/120 versions ?


https://pastebin.com/Qj2ALjnf

Here ya go, main post updated with actual PoB link as well.

We end up with about 2M fireball dps with the same tree. Should be good enough to carry until the uniques can be had.


Holy crap man, didn't expect you to put up a good leveling set up for before discharge as well. The build looks like it'll be fun. I was wavering on a few different builds and couldn't decide but the latest update may have sold me since the leveling is what I was worried about.
"
Constermock wrote:

Holy crap man, didn't expect you to put up a good leveling set up for before discharge as well. The build looks like it'll be fun. I was wavering on a few different builds and couldn't decide but the latest update may have sold me since the leveling is what I was worried about.


It should level pretty easy being a spell caster elementalist. Just stick to fire based spells and the tree can work for anything. Before Shaper of Flames doing ignite too early was hard. But we will be 100% chance to ignite after 1st lab.

I didn't put it in the PoB, but before 1st lab don't bother with ignite links, level them up but use controlled destruction and such since we will be scaling the hit up until first lab. I will probably use Freezing pulse right out of the gate and level fireball up as well.

A piercing AoE spell is hard to beat for the first act or 2.
Is this SSFHC viable? Whats the survivability?
Just saw on the non-blackflame variant you can save a point at the top of the tree by removing the blue nodes and speccing into the orange ones:



Not sure if this affects all variants but just noticed it on mine. Interesting build concept, will give it a go as my league starter (starting as fireball or etc until I can transition), cheers.
Last edited by fluxofwar on Jan 14, 2021, 9:31:15 PM
"
Is this SSFHC viable? Whats the survivability?


Eh, I would say no. Eye of Innocence is gated behind phoenix, replica ambu's isn't rare, but we don't know how easy heist will be to farm for blueprints.

You could still play it but without those items you are going to be standing around a lot waiting for charges. If you find a redblade shield you could probably adapt the build to use that.

HC will want to use the golem ascendancy nodes. You end up with about 1k regen, ailment immunity, ~80% phys reduction and a bit better crit for EO. On top of around 9k EHP figuring in Bastion of Elements

I personally don't play HC so not sure if those numbers cut it or not. Could always drop damage nodes and grab either staff block or more life.

"
fluxofwar wrote:
Just saw on the non-blackflame variant you can save a point at the top of the tree by removing the blue nodes and speccing into the orange ones:



Not sure if this affects all variants but just noticed it on mine. Interesting build concept, will give it a go as my league starter, cheers.


Good eye! that indeed works. Will update.
So this was just datamined

Blizzard Crown
Evasion Rating: 185
Energy Shield: 36
Requires Level 75, 79 Dex, 79 Int
Adds (150–170) to (230–255) Cold Damage
Your Hits treat Cold Resistance as 10% higher than actual value

I assume this applies to spells and attacks since it doesn't specify either.

If so, 8% MORE DPS if you craft your -chaos res helm in this. For SC it seems worth dropping some armor. We don't care about the downside either because Shaper of Flames allows all damage to ignite and the ring makes them take the damage as chaos. It's a free level 20 added cold thrown on discharge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info