[3.15] Elementalist Discharge | 3M+ DPS 10M+ total damage ignites | Purple and no Purple version

"
bodhe wrote:
"

Thanks for the clarification! I'm playing the EE version and i'm starting to feel the inflexibility of it. i'm about to try and shuffle round my CWDT setup to fit in increased crits/charge on crit for orb of storms, as i'm using storm brand to proc equilibrium in my malachai's artifice. i'll probably swap OoS and the brand round for more reliable generation on bosses and see how that works out. In terms of damage, i feel way behind what other people are getting but hopefully i'll be able to work on getting the extra charge rares/awakened gems soon enough and that'll put me on track

I personally think EE is clunky when trying to do a hard boss fight like sirus, too many things to keep an eye on while he teleports around like mad.

With the blackflame version, 1 second after you wither him you're done worrying about debuffs the rest of the fight. Just focus on staying alive and discharging every 4.5 sec. Brand will stick to him even in teleports and keep your charges generating while you run around dodging crap.

Storm brand ticks faster, so have that on PCoC for bosses. Use OoS if you want to trigger EE.

Drop CWDT all together, storm brand ticks fast enough to handle charges and CWDT just causes unneeded self damage at this point.

You're at about 1.4M sirus DPS, which still has a lot of room to grow. Just getting a 21/20 discharge, and rest of the gems to 20/20 puts you at 2M. Dropping 1 flask for a Atziri's is 2.2M.

yeah, i should've gotten atziri's a while ago but i kept forgetting. I'm grabbing a cinderswallow next and going from there. Anyhow, thanks for all the help
I took a bit of a different approach to this build. I've downed A5 Sirus and bought myself a 6 link farruls so wanted to throw my thoughts in here in case they're useful to anyone. Big thanks to Bodhe for this guide which helped me start out.

Replica ambus, eye of innocence and 6L searing touch were looking quite expensive at the start of this league so I ended up putting together a beggars version of the build to carry me through until I could save enough for farruls. Rather than use a self-damage loop, I started with enduring cry on redblade banner (would level with this as soon as you can get it) and transitioned to storm brand/pcoc plus a red dream jewel. Red dream and bloodrage provided constant charges while mapping, and pcoc plus enduring cry provided enough for lone bosses. It probably wasn't as consistent as the self-damage loop, but meant I could buy a cheap 6 link chest plus an unlinked searing touch and make it to red maps on less than an ex of gear.

The build runs a really fine line between having enough damage and enough survuvability, so pushing into red maps I was constantly adjusting things to keep going. If anyone is looking for inspiration the big things I found to help were:

Optimising flasks - atziris and a granite flask with % armour during effect provided needed physical and chaos defence with some useful life leech. I took no mana passives on tree and ran an enduring mana flask.

I quickly reached a point where every passive point was super impactful - just two levels and new jewel slot could make a big difference to how a tier of maps felt. Just doing some safe levelling in delve or heist might be a good idea if you feel stuck.

Ascendancies are important, get on global 820 and do the last lab asap for the elemental shield.

Assert dominance against bosses by putting frostblink in Malachai's artifice and blinking on top of them to spread EE. That plus leap slam with fortify generally provided enough mobility for kiting in rituals etc.

As a last point, farruls is the promised land for discharge and suddenly all these charge generation tricks become no unnecessary. Highly recommend trying to get there if you enjoy the gameplay.

I was constantly tinkering so don't have a PoB for where I ended up, but might put one together later and post it. Be interested to see how the numbers compare myself.

"
Sniperyeti wrote:

I was constantly tinkering so don't have a PoB for where I ended up, but might put one together later and post it. Be interested to see how the numbers compare myself.

Rep farrul's is the grail, currently 35ex unlinked -.- But yeah that changes the build significantly for the better. DPS becomes insane, charge generation becomes ignorable. Top tier discharge for sure. Last league by the time I could afford one I was so sick of heist after getting lvl 100 I couldn't bother to log in anymore.

Hoping I can fend off the burnout this league and buy one. Glad you found some inspiration here.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Sniperyeti wrote:

Rep farrul's is the grail, currently 35ex unlinked -.- But yeah that changes the build significantly for the better. DPS becomes insane, charge generation becomes ignorable. Top tier discharge for sure. Last league by the time I could afford one I was so sick of heist after getting lvl 100 I couldn't bother to log in anymore.

Hoping I can fend off the burnout this league and buy one. Glad you found some inspiration here.

I've been looking into a Discharge build using Farrul's myself, so I've been following this thread. Props for your ingenious charge generation loop idea, btw.

But I'm curious as to why you consider Replica Farrul's preferrable over regular Farrul's? It still leaves you with manual power charge generation, whereas regular Farrul's + Voll's Devotion will automatically generate all three charge types for you constantly, allowing you to drop Storm Brand + PCoC as well. The fact that the regular Farrul's costs 1/10th of the replica version is a big upside as well. You can put a fraction of the saved currency into a Blue Nightmare jewel to have full charges 100% of the time while clearing, as well (waiting for Aspect of the Cat to rotate is fine on bosses but would suck for clear, which is why having on-kill mechanics for Power and Frenzy Charges, and Voll's Devotion turn consumed power charges into Endurance charges automatically is nice for the QoL when clearing).
"
Inkaflare wrote:

I've been looking into a Discharge build using Farrul's myself, so I've been following this thread. Props for your ingenious charge generation loop idea, btw.

But I'm curious as to why you consider Replica Farrul's preferrable over regular Farrul's? It still leaves you with manual power charge generation, whereas regular Farrul's + Voll's Devotion will automatically generate all three charge types for you constantly, allowing you to drop Storm Brand + PCoC as well. The fact that the regular Farrul's costs 1/10th of the replica version is a big upside as well. You can put a fraction of the saved currency into a Blue Nightmare jewel to have full charges 100% of the time while clearing, as well (waiting for Aspect of the Cat to rotate is fine on bosses but would suck for clear, which is why having on-kill mechanics for Power and Frenzy Charges, and Voll's Devotion turn consumed power charges into Endurance charges automatically is nice for the QoL when clearing).

Rep version gives Endurance/frenzy charges. You build it as a slayer with Masterful Form, and spec every +max frenzy you can. Then Blue dream/PCoC for 3 more power charges. Then you wear Realmender, grab AoF and can do like 30M+ DPS ignites. You can end up with like 25 charges total. Blood rage generation handles maps, stealth kicks in and you're roasting everything in 1.5 screens. Bosses included.

Normal version is good too, paired with Voll's is prob the best for Elementalist. Although Shaper of Flames requires highest damage to be fire for 25% more DOT, so ideally on a boss you would want to discharge, gain your endurance from Voll's then wait for stealth again to have max charges with Endurance being the most.
Im around 80 now, with all the starter uniques. Do you have to run a mana flask? It feels like a wasted slot. What other way would i sustain my mana?
"
bodhe wrote:
Rep version gives Endurance/frenzy charges. You build it as a slayer with Masterful Form, and spec every +max frenzy you can. Then Blue dream/PCoC for 3 more power charges. Then you wear Realmender, grab AoF and can do like 30M+ DPS ignites. You can end up with like 25 charges total. Blood rage generation handles maps, stealth kicks in and you're roasting everything in 1.5 screens. Bosses included.

Normal version is good too, paired with Voll's is prob the best for Elementalist. Although Shaper of Flames requires highest damage to be fire for 25% more DOT, so ideally on a boss you would want to discharge, gain your endurance from Voll's then wait for stealth again to have max charges with Endurance being the most.

I see, you were talking about a different build altogether. I did think of specifically the Elementalist version when I said that I consider regular Farrul's to be better - I can see why the replica Farrul would be better for Slayer specifically.
"
Milimeter wrote:
Im around 80 now, with all the starter uniques. Do you have to run a mana flask? It feels like a wasted slot. What other way would i sustain my mana?

No, just while leveling. Natural regen will be enough. We run at a slight deficit but rarely are we just standing there spamming it on cooldown. For bosses our ignite duration brings us back to a positive gain.

If you want to be sure you never run out, grab a source of mana on kill or on hit.
Can i have a tree with the clusters cuz i dont know what to drop {for the normal version}
"
johndaf wrote:
Can i have a tree with the clusters cuz i dont know what to drop {for the normal version}

Snowforged, explosive impact go first. If you want to go all out cluster jewels drop everyting from Deep Wisdom and to the right.

Something like this. https://pastebin.com/cHtKWHxL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info