[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

It's a real shame but after playing this for a while and trying out different things to make it work, it still feels very weak. By weak, I mean it has no measures to deal with incoming damage. It has laughable regen, no leech, no real mitigation (you can take bastion and try to convert a ton of the incoming phys into elemental, still won't save you from consistent big hits), you can go the glancing blows route and be left with laughable block and take even MORE damage you can't recover reliably from, it does suffer from mana issues, it has very few ways of getting out of sticky situations, I could go on forever but this feels almost EXACTLY like the Discharge Ignite Chieftain I played in Heist. It has virtually the same damage and the same problems, with the ignite chieftain being slightly tankier due to running permanent 10 endurance charges.

I really loved this build but I'm not gonna try to make this work into the more challenging content, it does NOT have the defensive capabilities needed for, for instance, sim splinter farming, 100% deli maps and I honestly doubt it will be able to run Maven 10.
"
I've seen a lot of people in this thread mention mana issues. Sub out Unbound Ailments support for Inspiration support. Unbound Ailments primarily just increases the total ignite damage, rather than the ignite DPS, so it's the best candidate to sub out. Inspiration nets you a 35% more multiplier and its basically always at 5 stacks. In POB make sure you check "Do you use inspiration charges" as the damage doesn't get calculated otherwise. It's about on-par with Unbound Ailments, while netting a much smoother playstyle.

I bought a level 2 enlighten and was having mana issues on a 6l with both auras. I got a few items with mana regen on them and it helped a ton. Also this morning I specced over to mystic bulwark which is even better regen and it feels fine now. Even better (or less need of mp red) when you get to level 3/4 enlighten or a helm enchant for lower res.

For those talking about scaling to end game build, I'm still undecided on that. I feel like we can make it decently tanky with a life recover on block shield but I don't know how much DPS would cap out at, I'm not big into playing with PoB, or maybe I'm just lazy ;)
Last edited by NSUCK on Jan 18, 2021, 5:42:23 PM
"
NSUCK wrote:
"
I've seen a lot of people in this thread mention mana issues. Sub out Unbound Ailments support for Inspiration support. Unbound Ailments primarily just increases the total ignite damage, rather than the ignite DPS, so it's the best candidate to sub out. Inspiration nets you a 35% more multiplier and its basically always at 5 stacks. In POB make sure you check "Do you use inspiration charges" as the damage doesn't get calculated otherwise. It's about on-par with Unbound Ailments, while netting a much smoother playstyle.

I bought a level 2 enlighten and was having mana issues on a 6l with both auras. I got a few items with mana regen on them and it helped a ton. Also this morning I specced over to mystic bulwark which is even better regen and it feels fine now. Even better (or less need of mp red) when you get to level 3/4 enlighten or a helm enchant for lower res.

For those talking about scaling to end game build, I'm still undecided on that. I feel like we can make it decently tanky with a life recover on block shield but I don't know how much DPS would cap out at, I'm not big into playing with PoB, or maybe I'm just lazy ;)

Unless you can safely get about 7k hp AND keep a life on block recovery/spell block shield + glancing blows and convert at LEAST 50% of physical damage taken at all times, you're looking at something incredibly painful and hard to do.
Damage with an ultra bis (double influenced with maven orb applied to a dot multiplier) wand and shield caps out at about 25m ignite dps on PoB.
It almost feels like the idea is to have an absurdity level DI (100-200m dps on the hit) to keep elementalist, run trinity support, fire all 3 damage types onto your DI, forego defense and pray to baby jesus your DI is enough to obliterate everything, including bosses.
Last edited by gtankbr on Jan 18, 2021, 5:51:53 PM
"
gtankbr wrote:
"
NSUCK wrote:
"

Unless you can safely get about 7k hp AND keep a life on block recovery/spell block shield + glancing blows and convert at LEAST 50% of physical damage taken at all times, you're looking at something incredibly painful and hard to do.
Damage with an ultra bis (double influenced with maven orb applied to a dot multiplier) wand and shield caps out at about 25m ignite dps on PoB.
It almost feels like the idea is to have an absurdity level DI (100-200m dps on the hit) to keep elementalist, run trinity support, fire all 3 damage types onto your DI, forego defense and pray to baby jesus your DI is enough to obliterate everything, including bosses.

I was kind of hoping to roll with this and swap to a diff elementalist build if it didn't scale out well at end game, but I'm not even seeing anything elementalists that I'd want to switch to lol.
I've used this guide to shape my league starter.

I went the glancing blows route, and a bit of reduced mana reservation to get vitality running as well.

Current stats are:
1.3M ignite dps (1.6M after I get enough points to get blowback, the most important DPS increase)
5.6 k life + 760 ES
900 life regen

Issues:
- Had mana issues which forced me to have reduced mana reserved on gear + mana regeneration rate
- Physical damage is a pain in the arsee. While I felt tankyish whilst levelling, when I got to red maps, and especially with rare phys mods I feel like paper.
- Most of the upgrades are on the 100c + with not enough ways to scale.

Thoughts on how to improve current build:
- Life % on block and improve block to 75/75
- Ammulet with + phys/light level + fire dmg multi
- Very expensive watchers eye
- Very expensive cluster jewels
- Get the flasks recommended

Current POB if anyone wants to take a look:
https://pastebin.com/WDWFivrf

Rest of points are to be spent on clusters on top.

So, asking for ideas on how to drastically improve both dps and survivability or I'm probably gonna drop it in a couple days, since in it's current state it will never beat A8 Sirus, Uber Elder...
"
CaspaseIII wrote:
I've used this guide to shape my league starter.

I went the glancing blows route, and a bit of reduced mana reservation to get vitality running as well.

Current stats are:
1.3M ignite dps (1.6M after I get enough points to get blowback, the most important DPS increase)
5.6 k life + 760 ES
900 life regen

Issues:
- Had mana issues which forced me to have reduced mana reserved on gear + mana regeneration rate
- Physical damage is a pain in the arsee. While I felt tankyish whilst levelling, when I got to red maps, and especially with rare phys mods I feel like paper.
- Most of the upgrades are on the 100c + with not enough ways to scale.

Thoughts on how to improve current build:
- Life % on block and improve block to 75/75
- Ammulet with + phys/light level + fire dmg multi
- Very expensive watchers eye
- Very expensive cluster jewels
- Get the flasks recommended

Current POB if anyone wants to take a look:
https://pastebin.com/WDWFivrf

Rest of points are to be spent on clusters on top.

So, asking for ideas on how to drastically improve both dps and survivability or I'm probably gonna drop it in a couple days, since in it's current state it will never beat A8 Sirus, Uber Elder...

Drop it. I made the mistake in Heist and invested 18 ex into the chieftain and it didn't hold a candle to literally anything archmage or any assassin using wind dancer/acro/phase acro.
"
IronV wrote:
"
Keldrath wrote:
I'm at a point in this build where the only places left to spend points are in the cluster jewels i dont have yet, and i don't know where to spend them in the mean time.

Don't have to wait to get the perfect one. Just rolls 2 medium (4 passive ) and 1 large (8) with alts till you get blowback (most important) on the mediums and almost any combination of 2 on the large. Then get some small gems (make sure its correct ilvl) and wait for harvest craft to try to get fettle.

I thought about it but even the bases are out of my price range so i just hunted down any life nodes i could find in the mean time.
"
Drop it. I made the mistake in Heist and invested 18 ex into the chieftain and it didn't hold a candle to literally anything archmage or any assassin using wind dancer/acro/phase acro.

Any suggestions for another build to try instead?
Build was going good until I tried red maps, survivibility is the issue like everyone else said. I ended up going Bastion of elements, and going Heart of Flame for some leech and annointed Hematophagy. POB is sayins I'm leeching around 880 a tic from ignite. I haven't ran my atlas up to red maps, but I bought a t11 and tried it out. Damage is a bit lack luster for a juiced map, but the build did all right. I only died to stupid positioning, or bleed, because I don't have it on a flask yet. I think you could eventually hit t15 and beyond if you put enough into the build, but I don't think I will be. I suggest others use it as a league starter, farm currency, and start or new character or swap over. Very cool concept, but the build takes too much to get to end game.

EDIT: https://pastebin.com/mkBBmw5W POB if anyone wants it. The damage I have seems off by a million or two, but everything else is what I have
Last edited by Waíseheill on Jan 18, 2021, 9:50:03 PM
"
mezzer25 wrote:
"

Any suggestions for another build to try instead?

A hundred different ones, but I gotta know what you like ahhaha.
Whisper me ingame, Virinnya and we can chat!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info