Echoes of the Atlas Patch Notes, Item Filter and Passive Tree Information

lets gooo
Passive skill tree when? The JSON file is being flagged by Windows as potentially unwanted software and don't want to put my rig at risk.
I sat around and tried to find the buffs. What I finally got was a change in perspective. We, the players, create characters. The developers create the monsters. So a "buff" is something that makes the monsters stronger and the players weaker while a "nerf" is something that allows a player to survive, deal damage or move quicker. Given THAT perspective I can find 40 buffs and buffs to the ascendancies....

No supporter packs from me this league unless we do discover the hidden strength of moving and killing slower..
"
lkenpachi wrote:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NEVERSINK TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

work slave work
iş aş haydar baş
what a wonderful update.. cant wait to see all the new stuff.. been start playing a month before heist end, hope this league will make me play more
Is there any chance we could get the maps by atlas region? I'm looking to represent that property in my item filter and getting that info pre-launch would be nice.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
"
Blubbey wrote:
"
Narrator: it wasn't implemented.

Just tested and it doesn't pass the "item filter is valid according to the current version of the game" check.

Try

Show
StackSize ! 0

Yep, that one passes. Ok so it only works with certain conditions I guess. Would be nice if the documentation page could note which operators work with which conditions. BaseType still only supports == I suppose.

It would make more sense to me, too, if the ! worked with BaseType. From a programming perspective == is usually used to compare if 2 values are identical. But since BaseType and Class can have multiple values, i am guessing, that they must have parsed the filter language, so that it treats == as includes(js) or contains(c#) (or regex, which is complex text comparison) (or a loop, which checks the condition for every value in a group of values) to see if any of the values match the item's value.

Since != is basically the same as ==, but with a reversed output, i just made a guess, that since numbers only have 1 value, that i could test it and it worked.

Spoiler
For reference if you have an array of just 1 element(array means group of values like ["a","b","c"]) and you compare it to 1 element like ["Hello"] == "Hello"(this literally means: does Array of elements ["Hello"] equal element "Hello" ?), then you are still comparing an array of elements with a single element as opposed to comparing an element to another element. Since the == operator does work properly like this, they must've made it, so that it works("parsing" as in you write something, but it is changed to actual code, or interpreted differently. It is code, but it gets re-interpreted to the kind of code, that everybody is used to).

Spoiler
For example BaseType Scroll Scrap could actually be Does the BaseType of the dropped item include the keywords Scroll or Scrap ? Or BaseType == "Scroll of Wisdom" "Armourer's Scrap" Does BaseType of the dropped item equal "Scroll of Wisdom" or "Armourer's Scrap" ?

(I don't really know why a single = can be used here, because i think, that it might have passed the filter check. Maybe it only checks if it contains a single = as opposed to ==, or maybe i'm remembering wrong. In either case i don't know the exact mechanics.)

Since == can only be true, if you are comparing 2 elements of the same type and if they have the same value, the actual code would have to look like:
uservar_basetype=["Scroll of Wisdom","Armourer's Scrap"];
if(uservar_basetype.includes(DroppedItemBaseType))

In this case uservar_basetype is a variable, that is being assigned the value of an Array, that contains the 2 elements "Scroll of Wisdom" and "Armourer's Scrap".

And DroppedItemBaseType is the variable, that contains the value for the dropped item's basetype.

Strictly speaking most people order their code, so an "item" would be a "class", that could then have "fields", one of which would be "basetype".
In c# that would look like:
if(uservar_basetype.Contains(DroppedItem.BaseType))

The dot is for accessing the field. It is also used for accessing methods. For example uservar_basetype is an array of strings(string means text(which ironically is also an array..of letters..lol(they are called "chars" (._. ) ))) and Contains is a pre-defined method of any array, hence the other dot.

If means: if statement is true, then execute code. In my head i imagine it like there are 2 possible routes for the electrical current to take, one of which is the desired value, which would explain why binary comparisons(true, false) are so fast.

And it would vary depending on what code is used. I am using includes, because i use javascript most often, where it's called includes. The first example without the ==, which is alot simpler to type is actually alot more complex, because you are comparing each word of the dropped item. After having written so much, when i really only wanted to write so little, it feels unnatural not to include details. But i don't think, that i have the most efficient way of doing it down and there may be multiple ways, which may or may not use the same efficiency depending on the underlying code, but i just want to skip it.

Likewise if the ! operator does not work, it could be an oversight or intended. I haven't actually tested any drops with ! in the filter, since strictly speaking if you use just ! as opposed to !=, you get a negation(!a means not a), which is usually only used for binary values(true,false), therefore i'm guessing, that ! is just parsed to be !=(if a does not equal b aka. if StackSize of dropped item does not equal permitted StackSize of Item Filter) and that it's either an oversight or intended to not work with multiple values.

It is also worth noting, that = is never used for comparison in programming, but only to assign values. However from a mathematical standpoint it makes sense, because those are the conventions, that everybody is used to. Greater than >, Less than <, Equals =. But in programming only == means equals, or, to be more precise, does a equal b ? (a==b), and = means assign value b to a (a=b). I was thinking, that != is minimized to ! to keep it simple, but at this point i might be overthinking. I mean unless the code was directly forwarded as is, you could use any kind of symbols in the filter code(if you were responsible for how the item filter gets parsed into code), and with those you just want them to be as simple as possible.

Strictly speaking, it isn't super likely, that any of my assumptions are true, but i thought, i would use that knowledge to see, if that was the misunderstanding here.

So it does work, but is probably not very useful based on how it's working.

I feel like it's much more important, that they add a link to the website's main navigation menu, because else it's going to be like all the other updates, where 1 year later you have to google the announcement xD

"
Yay, we made an item filter reference !
Aaaand, it's gone.
Blubbeys Convenient 4-Color Filter:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2864462

Blubbey's Convenient Death Aura:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2864258
"
Inscaped wrote:
"
QQPQ wrote:
It's official. It's HH league. Burial Chambers is the only good base T16.
it's always HH league tho

If no nem mod on map device then no HH league, so never was ALWAYS.... bot.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest
cool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info