[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Have used Baranites in Heist, tremendous damage potential but that was a spectre focused build. Support minions like the Carnage & Host Chief really only shine in protracted fights - especially ultimatums. The Arena Master (if you can tolerate his thumping) I find very useful overall.

Currently running 1 Carnage, 1 Host, 1 Undying Evangelist (I am skeptical about him) and the afore-mentioned Arena Master.

Guess I could try to go all offense with 4 Baranites or 3 plus AM.
Last edited by NaineNoire on Apr 29, 2021, 11:00:21 AM
"
Ivanche986 wrote:
Baranite Thaumaturge spectres, find them on Crusader influnced maps absolute beasts. Am using them with frenzy support gem and damage on full life gem but also have helmet with minion damage support, they have huge energy shield. Dealing lots of lightning damage, so i have gems and buffs for minions with lightning damage. My spectre gem is on 26 lvl and spectre level is 78 their energy shield is around 34k so on full life always and on agresive stance. I don't even summon skeletons or casting Freezing Pulse to trigger EE and Ele weaknes while maping, Baranite Thaumaturge clearing t16 maps am just runing and picking up loot.

Sound like fun. Gonna try them tonight. What about bossing? Can they survive tough boss?

I havent played summoner for a long time so maybe I just missed new changed. Back in the old days us summoners were desperate looking for high level corspe. Higher lvl, rarer corspe mean better survivability, better dps. It seems not to be the case now. How does it work? Do I need to run the highest map tier possible to look for the best Baranite?

Hey if we keep going further this gonna turn into Odif's Necro Spectre build guide lol
Last edited by camapngu133 on Apr 29, 2021, 11:22:59 AM
What you guys think about using thread of hope to allocate ravenous hors and anointing whispers of doom to use ele weakness and enfeeble/snipers mark? The single target is huge with snipers and enfeeble during ultimatum should help with those damage spikes. Just wondering...
Last edited by felipesallum on Apr 29, 2021, 7:07:35 PM
"
camapngu133 wrote:

Sound like fun. Gonna try them tonight. What about bossing? Can they survive tough boss?

I havent played summoner for a long time so maybe I just missed new changed. Back in the old days us summoners were desperate looking for high level corspe. Higher lvl, rarer corspe mean better survivability, better dps. It seems not to be the case now. How does it work? Do I need to run the highest map tier possible to look for the best Baranite?

Hey if we keep going further this gonna turn into Odif's Necro Spectre build guide lol

Yes spectres can survive, i did Elder and Sirus A7 for now, not the strongest ones ...zombies die but spectres not.
It is my first Necromancer build i never did it before so am experimenting diferent things. You don't need to search high level spectres you can get spectres in act1 if you want, higher gem level stronger spectre is. I respec some points now to try more defensive way with MoM and Agnostic and ditched some damage, it is ok but still I can die with one shoot sometimes and don't see my self doing very well against future engame boss encounters like Maven, Uber Elder, The feared...It have some pros and cons like every build, but is it fun? Yes it is
Hi, I've never done red maps before and I was wondering if my defensives stats were good enough for it, here's my stats while fully buffed.

https://imgur.com/a/0tVCeSJ

also what should I upgrade next in terms of gear? here's what i'm using

Thanks for the great build!
Last edited by OmnislashV5 on Apr 29, 2021, 10:38:39 PM
Great Build,

I play this build the 2nd season in row!

I am Lvl 86 right now and still using the Tabula robe...

My resis are fine 76 or higher, what do you think would be fit perfect for my chest?
Liefe and Armour... or is there any good suggestion on Legendary items....

Thx!
"
OmnislashV5 wrote:

also what should I upgrade next in terms of gear? here's what i'm using

Thanks for the great build!

You should really start with ghastly jewes you have in belt. 75% increase effect is huge, you should put your best DPS jewels with highest HP there, not blind/hinder support ones.
To clear up, additive minion damage (usually found in Abyss jewels) is desirable as long as it not the element we use to proc EE (in my case lightning through Storm Brand)?

On topic, I see several use Arma brand and a few Glacial Cascade. Pros & cons of each?

PS- Linking Life Tap Spectres takes care of their casting needs. If we instead use max Clarity are we ok as well?
Last edited by NaineNoire on Apr 30, 2021, 4:40:28 AM
Question:

I have lvl 24 vaal skeleton buffed, but still can summon only 9 skeles, is that a limit? or am doing something wrong?
@ PronActor

You get an additional skellie at gem lvl 25. And no, that's not the limit. You can get + 1 skellies on chest, boots, helmet and amulet - as a regular mod or crafted.
Last edited by NaineNoire on Apr 30, 2021, 5:10:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info