[3.14] Odif's Newbie Necro Skeleton Mage Build Guide: League Starter, Very Low Cost

"
NaineNoire wrote:
@ felipesallum

I like your idea to incorporate Phantasms to the mix and Lionseye allows it. My problem would be the resists I'll have to ditch on my current chest piece. Still, food for thought.


To be honest I got the idea from @therealtoothman. They have decent damage and I might even consider using a carrion golem to buff them. I'm not sure if using another chest other them vision would work as nicely tho.
does this build will not make my pc explode? i saw a clip with this build and it was ...
"
DCjhedz wrote:
does this build will not make my pc explode? i saw a clip with this build and it was ...


You decide - you can have 1 projectil from a skeleton, really subtle. Or you can have them with GMP and rampage... :-)
Followed this guide as my league start, don't play much so everything was relearning. Swapped from melee skellies to mages by around Act 6 and Tabula shortly after and those two items carried me to red maps. My current set up is blowing away content so quickly that I haven't had the chance to learn many boss mechanics. I've done some research and made some personal changes like Fleshcrafter chest and dropping Ele Equilibrium which gives me 3 more sockets. Recently added Animate Guardian and Spectres to my build, and trying to decide if I run a psuedo 5 link helm and go Crushclaws (this lacks Hatred + Triad Grips conversion etc) or support Spectres. I wasn't sure how much Frenzy charges would actually help my skele mages, then adding in an Arena Master for his buffs. If anyone has any suggestions for support Spectres, let me know!

Great guide, thanks for the help.
"
Envyzible wrote:
Followed this guide as my league start, don't play much so everything was relearning. Swapped from melee skellies to mages by around Act 6 and Tabula shortly after and those two items carried me to red maps. My current set up is blowing away content so quickly that I haven't had the chance to learn many boss mechanics. I've done some research and made some personal changes like Fleshcrafter chest and dropping Ele Equilibrium which gives me 3 more sockets. Recently added Animate Guardian and Spectres to my build, and trying to decide if I run a psuedo 5 link helm and go Crushclaws (this lacks Hatred + Triad Grips conversion etc) or support Spectres. I wasn't sure how much Frenzy charges would actually help my skele mages, then adding in an Arena Master for his buffs. If anyone has any suggestions for support Spectres, let me know!

Great guide, thanks for the help.


Effects on Minions
Frenzy Charges 15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge 15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge 5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
Power Charges 200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge

Charges effect on minions are much more significant. So consider using atleast a chieftant. Use Lifetap too so they can cast charges nonstop.

I really want to try Ancient Wrath/ Ancient Suffering for the added defense. They of Tul is neat but the visual effect just too annoying.
@ evilmindcz

It is your build and progress I have been modelling on. kudos for the inspiration.

I have slotted Kitava's Teachings in the cluster zone, was wondering what are your thoughts on it.
"
NaineNoire wrote:
@ evilmindcz

It is your build and progress I have been modelling on. kudos for the inspiration.

I have slotted Kitava's Teachings in the cluster zone, was wondering what are your thoughts on it.


I didnt like it at the end, might be just me, but that thing make me nervous with 10% more damage taken while afk... :) I already selled it, testing some different things now.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
"
Envyzible wrote:
Followed this guide as my league start, don't play much so everything was relearning. Swapped from melee skellies to mages by around Act 6 and Tabula shortly after and those two items carried me to red maps. My current set up is blowing away content so quickly that I haven't had the chance to learn many boss mechanics. I've done some research and made some personal changes like Fleshcrafter chest and dropping Ele Equilibrium which gives me 3 more sockets. Recently added Animate Guardian and Spectres to my build, and trying to decide if I run a psuedo 5 link helm and go Crushclaws (this lacks Hatred + Triad Grips conversion etc) or support Spectres. I wasn't sure how much Frenzy charges would actually help my skele mages, then adding in an Arena Master for his buffs. If anyone has any suggestions for support Spectres, let me know!

Great guide, thanks for the help.


Effects on Minions
Frenzy Charges 15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge 15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge 5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
Power Charges 200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge

Charges effect on minions are much more significant. So consider using atleast a chieftant. Use Lifetap too so they can cast charges nonstop.

I really want to try Ancient Wrath/ Ancient Suffering for the added defense. They of Tul is neat but the visual effect just too annoying.


I'm trying some basic support spectres now, and my question is - is this actually ever used by skeletons? Because i'm recasting skeletons every 4 seconds, so there is no way they actually have any charges. I kinda thing these spectres are not good for this gameplay.

I have Arena Master too, he is really annoying, with all his slaming noises, but at least he is doing something (hopefully).

And then there is They of Tul. I already died a few times because i didnt see something on the floor... :-(

I have never used support spectres before, had no idea its so frustrating...
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:
"
Envyzible wrote:
Followed this guide as my league start, don't play much so everything was relearning. Swapped from melee skellies to mages by around Act 6 and Tabula shortly after and those two items carried me to red maps. My current set up is blowing away content so quickly that I haven't had the chance to learn many boss mechanics. I've done some research and made some personal changes like Fleshcrafter chest and dropping Ele Equilibrium which gives me 3 more sockets. Recently added Animate Guardian and Spectres to my build, and trying to decide if I run a psuedo 5 link helm and go Crushclaws (this lacks Hatred + Triad Grips conversion etc) or support Spectres. I wasn't sure how much Frenzy charges would actually help my skele mages, then adding in an Arena Master for his buffs. If anyone has any suggestions for support Spectres, let me know!

Great guide, thanks for the help.


Effects on Minions
Frenzy Charges 15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge 15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge 5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
Power Charges 200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge

Charges effect on minions are much more significant. So consider using atleast a chieftant. Use Lifetap too so they can cast charges nonstop.

I really want to try Ancient Wrath/ Ancient Suffering for the added defense. They of Tul is neat but the visual effect just too annoying.


I'm trying some basic support spectres now, and my question is - is this actually ever used by skeletons? Because i'm recasting skeletons every 4 seconds, so there is no way they actually have any charges. I kinda thing these spectres are not good for this gameplay.

I have Arena Master too, he is really annoying, with all his slaming noises, but at least he is doing something (hopefully).

And then there is They of Tul. I already died a few times because i didnt see something on the floor... :-(

I have never used support spectres before, had no idea its so frustrating...


Spectres are more for bossing and ultimatum because during mapping you are recasting them to often.
Mages are better for mapping than bossing... and with spectres you can offset their weakness
Baranite Thaumaturge spectres, find them on Crusader influnced maps absolute beasts. Am using them with frenzy support gem and damage on full life gem but also have helmet with minion damage support, they have huge energy shield. Dealing lots of lightning damage, so i have gems and buffs for minions with lightning damage. My spectre gem is on 26 lvl and spectre level is 78 their energy shield is around 34k so on full life always and on agresive stance. I don't even summon skeletons or casting Freezing Pulse to trigger EE and Ele weaknes while maping, Baranite Thaumaturge clearing t16 maps am just runing and picking up loot.



Last edited by Ivanche986 on Apr 29, 2021, 9:45:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info