[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Yuzlol wrote:
"
FarVision wrote:
Thoughts on Sacrificial Heart with Vaal Skellies? I seem to die less but not sure what I am giving up vs other Amulets

Sorry but how is this usefull at all?
It seems totally useless!
10% movespeed kinda useless...
powercharges totally useless...
10 life per hit kinda useless even with stormbrand...
and it only works for about 4sec!
I really dont see how it increases your survivability at all?
Specifally when there are amulets with a lot of life and res and other offensive stats

I would ditch it immediately for any other mediocre amulet

Hmm. I figured the Life Gain on Hit with Vaal Skellies would be a temporary immortal effect. 4 sec out of 20 is not super helpful though.
"
Yuzlol wrote:
"
FarVision wrote:
I'm getting into areas I haven't thought of before!

I have a tabby with the Storm Brand/Hextouch/Elemental Weakness. Also Vitality, Bone Offering, and Increased Duration. (using a Femur of the Saints for the Skeleton setup. Peirce/Vaal Skell/Minion Damage/Elemental Army/Elemental Focus. It's a 5L and on a slot is not linked and empty (Red)).

Just picked up a Fleshcrafter 5L. It says if Minions have Shield then their hits ignore Mob resistances. Does this mean I can ditch the entire Storm Brand/Hextouch/Elemental Weakness thing? Do negative resistances increase damage?

Yes, you can drop the whole ee and curse setup.
you can use a defensive curse or go for spectres to improve your bossing dps

Edit: as long they ignore resistance... they ignore negative resistance as well

Awesome this changes things! Thanks. I need to think.
If you want even more boss dps, Sniper's mark is the one. Skelly mage cast projectile spell so that's like 40% more dps on boss.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
If you want even more boss dps, Sniper's mark is the one. Skelly mage cast projectile spell so that's like 40% more dps on boss.

Thinking more defense for Ultimatums. Considering something like Molten Shell or Fortify or something like that.

"
FarVision wrote:
"
Yuzlol wrote:
"
FarVision wrote:
Thoughts on Sacrificial Heart with Vaal Skellies? I seem to die less but not sure what I am giving up vs other Amulets

Sorry but how is this usefull at all?
It seems totally useless!
10% movespeed kinda useless...
powercharges totally useless...
10 life per hit kinda useless even with stormbrand...
and it only works for about 4sec!
I really dont see how it increases your survivability at all?
Specifally when there are amulets with a lot of life and res and other offensive stats

I would ditch it immediately for any other mediocre amulet

Hmm. I figured the Life Gain on Hit with Vaal Skellies would be a temporary immortal effect. 4 sec out of 20 is not super helpful though.

why immortal?
the only thing which procs it is your storm brand and thats barly anything at all?
"
FarVision wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

Thinking more defense for Ultimatums. Considering something like Molten Shell or Fortify or something like that.

You can try out Profane Proxy ring with enfeeble/temporal curse if you prefer a more defensive setup.
And you still have links left for another setup
"
Yuzlol wrote:
"
FarVision wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

You can try out Profane Proxy ring with enfeeble/temporal curse if you prefer a more defensive setup.

Yeah.. the problem is I kind of wanted to switch skitters for Zealotry and buff the F out of it. This gives me some surprising new avenues to consider. Haven't done a curse build in a while
"

"

I think my build is basically done, its just the 3links i have in my chest for stormbrand, hex and ele weakness i'm not fond of. Could we not still go for the ring socket to apply elemental weakness via skitters, then use the two chest slots for fortify and moltenshell and the last gem for a elemental attack for EE? im a noob btw i have no idea
Last edited by Wakeling on Apr 30, 2021, 12:33:19 PM

I would ditch it immediately for any other mediocre amulet[/quote]

I was thinking the skellie life gain would be better. Oh well.

I still have a Sidhebreath I will slot in
I don't think generosity will affect skitters because it originally doesn't affect you already. For amulet, any +1 skellies is better than sidebreath. Has anyone tried punishment for mapping? It should help getting more damage on non bosses, specially for people using flesh crafter.
Last edited by felipesallum on Apr 30, 2021, 2:25:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info