[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
Fendi_Gucci wrote:

Once I looked at the price of 2 good abyss jewels I decided to stay on stygian vise haha

Its not that hard, i crafted every single one i have myself, they are not perfect, but there is very little DPS difference between mine and these selling for 10ex+. I farm harvest maps, and i use every single reforge there for various things, usually caster ones for ghastly jewels. But any reforge is good, basically free chaos, and i'm just waiting till i get few good stats that i can use for further crafting.

There is an easy deterministic way how to do it too, for jewels.
I just bought this 5 minutes ago for 30c, there are expensive ones all the time but you can snipe cheap one easy

This is a hardest stat to get, because it has no tag, so you want this one fractured. Now you can alt/augment life, you can afford to wait for T1 roll. Harvest flowers have shitload of stat rerolls, so you can make it 40 without using divine orbs.
Regal then cant even fuck it up, because if its suffix, you will be rerolling these (cant lose the one fractured), if its prefix, it probably not significant anyway, and you can delete/augment later whatever you want.

Oh yeah that's a decent way to do the jewels. I got carried away with my spectre helmet so gotta polish this off first haha. Then I'm gonna do the belt and main wand, then probably 2nd wand or +2 +2 shield. Seems like a lot of the spell caster spectre end game builds have itemization that lines up nicely with vaal skelly.

How does the build feel without unwavering stance? Do you get the 50% stun avoid built into energy shield even though some damage goes through it? I haven't tried it yet myself but I wanna free up 3 passives. Similarly I wanna respec the doryani jewel from pain attunement to eternal youth and free up 2 more passives, I'm only hitting 3/6 good travel node corrupts with mine so may as well reroll it at the new spot.
Why u need to socket Bone Offering gem when Bone Barrier gives you that already?

just watched how to actually do elder and shaper and maven. Did all 1st try. Fleshcrafters is the way to go, by far. No Dex requirement and much more dps especially with the allocated passives. Im still using a shield and all of those fights was fast. You can have defense + offense with this build.....two wands is overkill unless UBER shaper, every other fight, use shield, you will never die.
Which skills to use, only 5 skills for qwert and mouse buttons..
"
Fendi_Gucci wrote:

How does the build feel without unwavering stance? Do you get the 50% stun avoid built into energy shield even though some damage goes through it? I haven't tried it yet myself but I wanna free up 3 passives. Similarly I wanna respec the doryani jewel from pain attunement to eternal youth and free up 2 more passives, I'm only hitting 3/6 good travel node corrupts with mine so may as well reroll it at the new spot.

Honesly, i dont know, but i think with 7k hp you basically never get stunned, so its not needed at all. I think i've used that node at the beginning, but never saw any difference when i respeced later in the game. Even now, when i have only like 6.6k hp (i changed helmet to have AG with way more HP), i dont think i ever get stunned.
"
evilmindcz wrote:

Honesly, i dont know, but i think with 7k hp you basically never get stunned, so its not needed at all. I think i've used that node at the beginning, but never saw any difference when i respeced later in the game. Even now, when i have only like 6.6k hp (i changed helmet to have AG with way more HP), i dont think i ever get stunned.

Interesting, I think I'll drop it then and see how it goes in some maps. Then gotta take another look at jewels/life/necro aegis passives if I add the 2-5 abyss jewel. Either way I don't expect to grind out to 98/99 so will have to cut corners I think lol
Thanks for the guide, it's the first build to get me to red maps without much diing, I know I still need to work on my helm, shield/crafting 2 wands because my gems are a bit of a mess at the moment.

The "check the vendor" advice for wands is different than the weapon + skills advice at the top.

The "IMPORTANT" section says BBB for Zombies, and BBR for Spirits/Skeletons:

"
IMPORTANT check the wand vendor for linked BBR and BBB wands.
... (BBB wand is for zombies, BBR for summon raging spirits/summon skeletons.)

But the Skills section doesn't include Spirits/Skels or Zombies on the wands at all:

"

First Weapon
Colors: 3B
Storm Brand linked to Hextouch and Elemental Weakness.

Second Weapon
Colors: G/B/R
Bone Offering (HUGE defensive boost)
Vitality (Life Regeneration)
Desecrate (To make corpses to use Bone Offering)
Keep Desecrate at level 1 to save mana.
Hello ,really like this build ,in 2 days i reach lvl 83 ,but i heave a littel problem sometime i get 1 shot,what armor should i use ,i got a tabula with +2 sockted duration ,i found an astral plate with 4 blue sockted and 1 green 1 blue,but is corrupted ,should i use empower gem?
Spent about 50ex into the build - following evilmindcz way.

Still running zombies though, works fine without AG.

Managed to kill sirius A6 on my first try and can do full run of similac runs without dying.

Still saving for a couple awakened gems (GMP + Spell echo + Hextouch) before attempting to get the +2 on my 2nd wand >.<

Loving the build. Thanks
Last edited by Lavacaverns on Mar 1, 2021, 8:40:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info