[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Bluen15 wrote:
Should i switch this wand
to +1 spell skill alternative without any minion nodes? What is better damage?

Hrm, that might actually be more dps than +1 all gems.

Hard to say, as +1 all skill gems also boosts auras, the defense from offering, etc.

But off the top of my head 63% increased damage and 5% double is better.
"
Alavar wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could someone tell me how the breathstealer version works as far as Elemental Equilibrium is concerned?

What element are we forcing the mages to use...

I see that people are using winter orb so that would make mobs defensive vs cold (afaik)...

Forgive me if this is a nubly query :)

Thanks in advance!

-Al

It is possible that one of the many auras granted to Breathstealer, in Rituals, when we have 5-10 dead rares at our feet is messing up EE.

Who cares, with 5-10 auras, the skels are godly.

And if we dont have lots of auras, its not a problem for EE.

Either way, the gloves are CRAZY good this league because of how they perform in Rituals.
"
Odif wrote:
"
Alavar wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could someone tell me how the breathstealer version works as far as Elemental Equilibrium is concerned?

I see that people are using winter orb so that would make mobs defensive vs cold (afaik)...

Thanks in advance!

-Al

It is possible that one of the many auras granted to Breathstealer, in Rituals, when we have 5-10 dead rares at our feet is messing up EE.

Either way, the gloves are CRAZY good this league because of how they perform in Rituals.

I see..I think. I did NOT know that breath stealers gave us auras...I haven't put mine on yet because I don't have the chromes to color them :(

The only version of this build I saw...the player had channeling and Winter Orb...which confused me because I thought that would make the mobs have MORE defense vs. cold.......... but then someone just mentioned Storm Brand here. Forgive my ignorance.

Found this too.. Not sure if the increased crits and damage works with Skeletons but for sure the 30% reduced soul gain duration
Last edited by Oxtov on Jan 25, 2021, 2:45:05 PM
Man I love this build. It was my league starter, and I have respecced my witch twice, but both times ended up coming back to mage skelemancy. It performs so consistently on such a budget that I'm using it to slowly fund my endgame zoomer. But I'm still going to keep skeletons around for Blight, Metamortph, and bossing.
What do you think about Fleshcrafter? is it worth?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/PrQpqGqiL/
"
Alavar wrote:
"
Odif wrote:
"
Alavar wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

-Al

I see..I think. I did NOT know that breath stealers gave us auras...I haven't put mine on yet because I don't have the chromes to color them :(

The only version of this build I saw...the player had channeling and Winter Orb...which confused me because I thought that would make the mobs have MORE defense vs. cold.......... but then someone just mentioned Storm Brand here. Forgive my ignorance.

It's tough to get Breathstealer where you need it since it's STR DEX gear. I had to burn through allll of my currency to get the colors 2B2R, and I ran out of links. It wants to 4 link it right away. to get the exact combo is nutty. AND the problem is you would think it would be easier to get the 3 link then Chrome out the colors properly - but you will never get that because of all the combos and the gear affinity. It was a PITA. I had to work without my Flame Dash for a few maps before I could vendor it up again.

However - yeah Breathstealer is a game-changer. I didn't even have time to mouseover each aura to see what it did. I think my IC kicked off once on the main boss. Never really felt I was in any danger, but I still kept on Bone Offering.

https://ibb.co/Vt4Wf1s
https://ibb.co/yFW8Xbp
https://ibb.co/3ybPMfJ
"
Oxtov wrote:

Found this too.. Not sure if the increased crits and damage works with Skeletons but for sure the 30% reduced soul gain duration

This one would concern me because you would stall out your CWDT IC. Trading some damage for your high level 3 gem major protection mechanism.. personally, I wouldn't do it.
"
GERWARIC wrote:
Man I love this build. It was my league starter, and I have respecced my witch twice, but both times ended up coming back to mage skelemancy. It performs so consistently on such a budget that I'm using it to slowly fund my endgame zoomer. But I'm still going to keep skeletons around for Blight, Metamortph, and bossing.

I wasn't quite ready for a Blight map, even level 1. I Chiselded it once and hit a Transmute. I know I couldn't have handled an alch. :)

Allllmost made it. 12 seconds left on the 3 min timer. I should have run it plain. There was an absolute truckload of activity. I wasn't able to come close to finishing a Blight map last time I played a Necro.
Loving this build. Thanks for putting it together Odif.

I am looking to upgrade some of my gear and I'm looking at getting a Convoking Wand with +1 spell skill and also minion damage. I want to confirm if the wand just says "X% increased projectile speed" this does NOT apply to my mages, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info