[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
snowmittens wrote:

They can run ANY map mod (I carry enduring mana flask for no regen and Sibyl's Lament for elemental reflect)

BTW, with current endgame, where you will not really use "default" watchstones at the end, it is kinda easy to keep aside a few ones with reflect protection for these maps.
"
Odif wrote:
I have jumped on the Breathstealer hype train.

It's amazing on it's own, and you can annoint it

Holy shit everyone get those gloves ASAP. I was standing with 3k es,allies cannot die and other stuff the whole ritual
Just a note I'm a vet whose never ran a necro in 7years of game time so I'm referring to yours and another guide with higher endgame mage skele possibilities.

I just wanna say this first 5 act playthrough has been a 100% smooth exerpeice.

Zombies, Skeles on a 2-4 link and srs has been one of the easiest levling experiences ever with no gear.
"
Odif wrote:
"
FarVision wrote:
I picked up one of these

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/gVqXR8OIQ

Thoughts on moving Boot items to this and swapping a wand for a shield?

I'm not sure how to link my exact one. It has 10% increased effect for auras on myself and another line item for the 10% for minions.

It's +2 to minion gems - problem is that I have a few 50% minion damage essences for wands, and each wand is something like 42 percent

So I'm not sure of +2 minion gems plus the aura boost - is better than the 40 something percent minion damage increase.

It's a choice.
But...
If i went down the shield route, I would go all in on defense.
A spirit shield with spell block, and a lot of life on block.

I'm eyeing that L24 Bone Offering. I haven't found a good 2nd staff worth much. And it's this or a Femur. It's all still a shell game - Desecrate or Increased Duration. To be honest I have not found Desecrate makes my rotation as I never don't have bodies. Maybe this is something you run into later.

I could burn a %50 minion damage essence on any wand - still trying to balance that Offence / Defense scale
Should i switch this wand
to +1 spell skill alternative without any minion nodes? What is better damage?
Hi everyone,

Could someone tell me how the breathstealer version works as far as Elemental Equilibrium is concerned?

What element are we forcing the mages to use...

I see that people are using winter orb so that would make mobs defensive vs cold (afaik)...

Forgive me if this is a nubly query :)

Thanks in advance!

-Al

Damned, this build rocks !! Thanks Odif..
"
KatKira wrote:
"
Odif wrote:
I have jumped on the Breathstealer hype train.

It's amazing on it's own, and you can annoint it

Holy shit everyone get those gloves ASAP. I was standing with 3k es,allies cannot die and other stuff the whole ritual

How does Elemental Equilibrium work without the Triad Gloves? I bought some breathstealers as well but haven't used them yet because I want to make sure i'm..."doing it right" :)
You apply EE with Stormband (lighting) then mobs become vulnerable to Cold and Fire. And you let Skeleton Mages do the job.
You don't need triad gloves.. they were useful with normal physical skeletons.

Breathstealers are not needed either, they just are fun because they create a random aura for each yellow monster killed. Yes, Allies can not die is fun to get :))
Last edited by Oxtov on Jan 25, 2021, 1:32:27 PM
"
fakfejs wrote:
im having trouble with survival at t15+. Everthing can 1 shot me even with flask effects. I did a bit different tree build to build up more minion damage but survival nodes stayed roughly the same. What am i missing? 4700 hp + 300 ES

You are missing a lot of little things that all add up to a huge loss of defense.

You dont have your skitterbots chill aura. Chill is a defense
You dont have Mystic Bulwark and the point leading up to it on the tree. A loss of 16% spell block.
You dont have Bone Barrier ascendency, a loss of 10% phys damage reduction 20% more life gain.
You have several uniques with no life, so your life pool is lower.

Any one thing would not be a big deal, but all 4 combined are a LOT of lost defense.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 25, 2021, 2:00:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info