[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Hey guys! Can someone please check my build? It feels skel mage damage is abit low. Having troubles clearing mobs on ritual at t7 maps :(.

Thank you.
"
After recognizing the damage superiority of lightning skelly mages over cold mages and getting frustrated with how winter orb works, I've come to the opinion that using Hydrosphere would be a good way to trigger Elemental Equilibrium

Just by clicking twice on each end of the screen you can wipe the whole screen with cold damage. And incidentally the hydrosphere spell itself grants 10% increased vulnerability to lightning damage via exposure. The exposure lasts longer than EE lasts, so you can just cast it on top of a boss every 5 seconds.

As a spell it feels nice to control to boot.

nice catch! the burst is nice, but storm brand feels faster/safer just click maybe its personal preference

Love this build so far thanks Odif.
Awesome thread . I have so much fun to see people came up with these ideas and push the budget build to maximum

I need few stuff more but already started thinking about can we make this like CI version maybe
Last edited by Jamdodger on Jan 27, 2021, 5:36:42 AM
"
After recognizing the damage superiority of lightning skelly mages over cold mages and getting frustrated with how winter orb works, I've come to the opinion that using Hydrosphere would be a good way to trigger Elemental Equilibrium

Just by clicking twice on each end of the screen you can wipe the whole screen with cold damage. And incidentally the hydrosphere spell itself grants 10% increased vulnerability to lightning damage via exposure. The exposure lasts longer than EE lasts, so you can just cast it on top of a boss every 5 seconds.

As a spell it feels nice to control to boot.

Glad I saw this, I can second that Hydrosphere is probably the best for those using Cold Spells for EE, Winter ORB is clunky when u need to channel to charge it, Hydrophere's AOE is great!
helo everyone!

again, wanna say loving this build for a newbie like me! thanks so much Odif!

anyway..im following closely with the build. however, would like to ask if there is anything i can replace enlighthen with? tyvm!
cheers!

*edit add following:
also, i wanna get this amulet with death attune but has increased fire dmg as the implicit (the first top line with bars). will it affect the build?
thx!
Last edited by crazysupaman on Jan 27, 2021, 7:12:47 AM
So I have Skitterbots and vitality on, but if I turn zealotry on then I don't have enough mana left over to even cast summon skeletons. I have zealot and skitterbots linked to a lvl 3 enlighten. Am I missing something here?
"
CrAzYSuPaMaN wrote:
helo everyone!

again, wanna say loving this build for a newbie like me! thanks so much Odif!

anyway..im following closely with the build. however, would like to ask if there is anything i can replace enlighthen with? tyvm!
cheers!

*edit add following:
also, i wanna get this amulet with death attune but has increased fire dmg as the implicit (the first top line with bars). will it affect the build?
thx!

Same question to both - yes mana is super tight with these auras. I had 50 something left. During lots of fights, my IC actually wouldn't kick and I would be at risk.

I dropped Add Max Mana to a ring. It's pretty cheap. Until you get some reduction Passives.

"
tpendragon wrote:
"
mrlou wrote:

I'm playing this build a bit differently but it's because of your build guide I've chosen skeles, so first of all thanks.
It's definitely a pretty strong league starter, I must've spent maybe 4 or 5ex on my current gear and I'm cruising through T14 to 16.
I've just done Sirus A5, was pretty chill even tho I'm lacking on single target, I agree with you than min/maxing will cost way too much but it was pretty fun so far and definitely a strong mapper.
Thanks again.

I'm slowly shifting to something closer to this, although right now I still have two wands. What spectres are you summoning? Crabs?

Hey sorry I missed your post. I went for Carnage Chieftain mainly, for the frenzy charges. I picked a Host Chieftain too but it's pretty much useless since the skeletons have 0 crit.
If someone has any suggestions about what spectre I could pick I would appreciate it. Maybe an Arena Master?
I just finished both Sirus 8 and Maven fights, with almost all changed equip. I loved my old wand/shield 7k hp setup, but it was just not enough damage for harder Maven bosses, and i'm not good enough to dodge all mechanics and runnig around for 10 minutes there, so I needed more brutal force... :-) And shield charge, even if i still think its the best movement spell for maps, cant jump through beams in these fights without triggering their effects.

So new setup is double wand (thats the only thing i bought after failing so many attempts, everything else is selfcraft), Lioneys Vision for 7L, and i still have almost 6500hp with 68/54 block. I had to drop Vitality and Profane Proxy, to have enough mana/resists. I really like fire Hydrosphere for EE/curse, but i wanna test Frost Bomb too, even if i'm still not sure if it can beat Maven overhealing Uber Atziri.

Amulet/Rings still need lot of work on Harvest...

T12-15 now, everything is always smooth. Just had to switch Flesh offering for bone offering.

How do you manage Legion ? I tried to switch one damage gem for predator support but i am not very happy with the result.
"
Oxtov wrote:
T12-15 now, everything is always smooth. Just had to switch Flesh offering for bone offering.

How do you manage Legion ? I tried to switch one damage gem for predator support but i am not very happy with the result.

I just decided to use all legion scarabs in Glennach - 50% more time to break them and they take 50% increased damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info