New Battlemage Possibilities!?

I'm a bit confused here, I know there's a precedent for added spell damage like this through Spellslinger but I've never used spellslinger before.

So I was thinking of stomping around with consecrated path and swapping to an ice or lightning spell (probably ice nova) whenever I have fanaticism uptime so I can make use of the new trinity support gem and the new consecrated ground passives. Unsure what the damage on my spell would look like if I build like that though, would having a generic 2h phys/fire weapon be sufficient to scale my spell through battlemage or would that be terrible? I could make some sorta weird hybrid staff or if none of that is viable I could weapon swap.

I'd have 100% phys to fire conversion and scale both things through elemental damage.
Last edited by DarkLegionary on Jan 10, 2021, 4:45:24 AM
Maybe the easiest way to go is only concentrating on battlemage and its bonus to spells. Forget this 4s attack thingy.

Imagine a physical spell with good damage effectivenes and some ele conversion from the spell itself and from templar tree section.
Now imagine a 2hand weapon which adds 380-520 physical damage to your spells and has +2 to support gems on it (hello empower), like Atziris disfavor...
fanaticism is only "if you've attacked" not hitting mobs
so just spam shield charge or leap 4 times before bosses
"
Skip511 wrote:
Maybe the easiest way to go is only concentrating on battlemage and its bonus to spells. Forget this 4s attack thingy.

"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
fanaticism is only "if you've attacked" not hitting mobs
so just spam shield charge or leap 4 times before bosses

I feel like that goes against the spirit of the nodes. I actually want my build to be a hybrid spell-sword type thing.
i thought about static strike and coc discharge build dont know if this would possibly working.
replica kongor battlemage sweep hydrospherist

tanky almost unkillable with skin of the lords and a giant es
"
Sammael wrote:
replica kongor battlemage sweep hydrospherist

tanky almost unkillable with skin of the lords and a giant es

I like those mouthful builds and i got another idea with ghost reaver

Replicas Windripper+Soulstrike CoC Barrage + Ice Spear Battlemage Hydropherist
won't be cheap though
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jan 11, 2021, 7:47:19 AM
I will give you the anwser.

Battlemage will be amazing with the unique staff The Stormwall. I played it once, VERY good damage, but you will need to think about the defensive layers...

But it was 2 leagues ago.
I am very excited for battlemage! What I have come up with so far:

general approach
-i think it will be very clunky to do a true attack and spell battlemage and will be better to concentrate on the massive spell buffs the new inquisitor provides.
battlemage will give 75% more cast speed and weapon damage added to the skill so it will be best to concentrate on skills that benefit from those methods of scaling.

skills
-skills with low cast times (see "spells" in wiki) will have insane cast speed so things like flameblast, incinerate, and divine ire will feel really good to play with that kind of cast speed. as far as attacks, you have to attack once per second to generate fanatacism charges so cyclone or maybe a really fast move skill setup seem to be the best option for reliably generating charges and staying mobile. another skill to consider that no one uses ever is flame surge. it can be supported by unleash so if you have downtime generating your fanatacism charges you will hit very hard. also igniting enemies to get the 88% more damage multiplier will be simple in between uses with your attack. the cast speed is so fast you could maintain blade vortex if you have a decent amount of inc. duration and hardly stop whatever attack you're doing. again cyclone makes sense.

items
-vulconus will be REALLY good for as cheap as it is. large amount of flat added damage as well as 200% critical strike chance
-Kaoms primacy has rage generation and phys as added fire per rage. if you use bears girdle and the passive tree you can get 90 ish rage. if you want to go true attack and spell battlemage i think this weapon will be a good option on a small budget.
-pledge of hands will give insane casts per second and an effective seventh link for whatever you pick
- xophs nurture bow could be a solid option for the free ignite prolif support if you went with an ignite spell. if you add asenaths chant you could add easy debuffs for your subsequent spell.

Could you do a CoC with cyclone with battlemage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info