💣Velyna's Poets Pen Blade Blast 💣 All Content | Easy Start | Melt Endgame | 2 Button Gameplay

Hey, thanks for the build, it's great to play with and the gameplay feels smooth. I was wondering if you would give me a direction on what to upgrade next (i know amulet and ring are kinda low-tier). I mean, between Bottled faith and tailwind boots, what would be the best in terms of QoL? Replica farrul is still a bit too expensive.

Speaking of expensive stuff, would a HH fit decently into this? I know it's generally the case for CoC builds, but still asking just in case.

Cheers
"
FIPOLINIO wrote:
Hey really awesome build, it's nice using bladefall again since talisman league, the build is feeling good, but not amazing like showed in your video. I'm sure my gear and tree are pretty good (exception is bottled faith which im working on getting now), but I'm also wondering if my damage is not as insane because I don't have any awakened gems? killing conquerors and high tier maps feels slow and weak, sometimes getting one shotted too, if you can take a look at my character I would appreciate it, and again thanks for the really cool build. :)

Things I see are:

Boots: Tailwind, stun enchant, CDR, freeze immune. Any of those (or ideally 2-3) would feel good.

Amulet: +1 to gems, either with multi or a second +1. This is huge DPS.

Rings: Ideally Vermillion base, it's rough for the life gain on hit ring but at least one should be possible.

Belt: Missing %life and the base is kinda meh.

Jewels: Replace that grand spectrum with a life/damage rare.

Gems: Awakened gems are huge like you said, also 21 Blade Blast is ~600k dps.

https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Jan 26, 2021, 10:49:29 PM
Hi,
I have a potentially stupid question :)
Can you explain a bit more how the damage we do works?
My understanding is Kinetic Bolt is not doing the damage but is used to trigger Bladefall. We then use blade blast to do damage by exploding the fallen blades, is that correct?

Linked to this, 2 follow up questions:
- why two blade fall gems? Do we just trigger more often bladefall like this as it triggers both when kinetic bold crits + every time we do a kinetic bolt attack?
- would blade blast helm enchant work as well (increased damage)?

And one last question (sorry :) ) how do you feel about Large cluster jewel node Grim Oath (10% of physical damage as extra chaos dmg)?

Thanks in advance, I hope to be able to transition soon (but damn this build is expensive :p).
"
HarryBolls wrote:
Hi,
I have a potentially stupid question :)
Can you explain a bit more how the damage we do works?
My understanding is Kinetic Bolt is not doing the damage but is used to trigger Bladefall. We then use blade blast to do damage by exploding the fallen blades, is that correct?

Linked to this, 2 follow up questions:
- why two blade fall gems? Do we just trigger more often bladefall like this as it triggers both when kinetic bold crits + every time we do a kinetic bolt attack?
- would blade blast helm enchant work as well (increased damage)?

And one last question (sorry :) ) how do you feel about Large cluster jewel node Grim Oath (10% of physical damage as extra chaos dmg)?

Thanks in advance, I hope to be able to transition soon (but damn this build is expensive :p).

We use Kinetic Bolt - CoC - Bladefall so that we can have as close to maximum blades on the ground as possible, maximizing damage. Just the Bladefall from Poet's Pen isn't enough to generate lots of blades, so we have two. The blade blast helm enchantment does work and is very recommended, as it is a large 40% increased damage modifier.
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
So after dropping bloodrage how do we generate frenzy charges? Cant find any source of it in current endgame pob
"
Raszianin wrote:
So after dropping bloodrage how do we generate frenzy charges? Cant find any source of it in current endgame pob

Farrul's fur

Last edited by Katsuieee on Jan 27, 2021, 9:43:20 PM
Hi, thank you for the guide, was following the ramping version till about T12s, dying every now and then but otherwise it's been a good run.

Managed to secure a Farrul's Fur, a ring with Aspect of the Cat, and managed to cap resistances.

My question is:

1) How important are getting the cluster jewels with those exact skills on them? The large one with the 3 mentioned skills cost about 165c the last I checked. I've only gotten the ones listed in the ramping segment.

Or should I stick with BV? My issue is I've been dying a fair bit in T12s and I'm honestly not too sure what I am doing wrong.
"
taegummy wrote:
1) How important are getting the cluster jewels with those exact skills on them? The large one with the 3 mentioned skills cost about 165c the last I checked. I've only gotten the ones listed in the ramping segment.

Or should I stick with BV? My issue is I've been dying a fair bit in T12s and I'm honestly not too sure what I am doing wrong.

I updated the PoB imports a bit ago make sure you get new ones first off!

Switching without clusters isn't a good idea honestly, they add a huge chunk of damage AND defence. It looks like you have a large with 2 of the 3 and that's fine but getting the right medium/small is pretty important.

The new PoB uses a Feast of Flesh instead of Fettle.
Last edited by Velyna on Jan 28, 2021, 9:13:59 AM
Hmm, anybody have any input on an internal debate I'm having. Perhaps Velyna can shed some light on this.

With CoC's internal cooldown and breakpoints in mind, wouldn't scaling CDR and a higher APS benefit us greatly? If so, would Barrage linked to Concentrated Effect not be a better option for amount of blades, as well as blade overlap? It has a much higher APS than KB and allows us to drop barrage support for conc effect.

I have tried a few maps with both options and it feels like KB has much better clearing potential than Barrage, but only by a little. However, on bosses the Barrage+Conc feels much better. I'm not really sold on either one yet.

E: After a bit more testing I think KB is good for 90% of the content, but I tested Barrage on Sirus and a few other bosses and I would say it's worth it to gem swap for encounters like this
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
Last edited by OriginalPhee on Jan 28, 2021, 2:18:18 PM
"
OriginalPhee wrote:
After a bit more testing I think KB is good for 90% of the content, but I tested Barrage on Sirus and a few other bosses and I would say it's worth it to gem swap for encounters like this

KB just makes mapping feel so much better yea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info