[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

What would you say is a good level to start doing red maps? I'm level 75 (basically just finished A10) and struggling pretty badly against red map bosses. Map clear is decent enough and dont have too many problems with that, but it feels like single target is lacking a lot.
Last edited by Karved on Feb 11, 2021, 9:56:44 PM
"
Karved wrote:
What would you say is a good level to start doing red maps? I'm level 75 (basically just finished A10) and struggling pretty badly against red map bosses. Map clear is decent enough and dont have too many problems with that, but it feels like single target is lacking a lot.

get some levels on white / yellow maps. Passive points are massive boost. Also level up gems.
"
Karved wrote:

Just to give you a hint: this build is an awesome boss killer. Clear is good, but not awesome.
You just need gem levels and passive points - that's it.
Vei, what do you think about replacing quill rain with bow:
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
{random suffixes}

with 6L and 4lvl empower my dps increased from 2.7kk to 5.4kk per totem(without awakened gems). Its 18.9kk > 37.8kk increase.
Does absence of AS from quill will feels bad and is this real dps with such bow, or I made a mistake?
"
RawDamage wrote:
{random suffixes}

with 6L and 4lvl empower my dps increased from 2.7kk to 5.4kk per totem(without awakened gems). Its 18.9kk > 37.8kk increase.
Does absence of AS from quill will feels bad and is this real dps with such bow, or I made a mistake?

I'll copy paste from the FAQ

Q: What about a 6 Link Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Setup?

A: This guide is base around Frostferno and Quill Rain and being accessible and budget friendly at the same time. I personally has no interest and desire to explore any 6 Link Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Setup so it will not be explored in the guide.

So I have no comments other than feel free to experiment if you like :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Feb 12, 2021, 9:30:55 AM
"
RawDamage wrote:
{random suffixes}

You can´t craft +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems on a bow with +1 and +2.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
Vei wrote:

Q: What about a 6 Link Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Setup?

A: This guide is base around Frostferno and Quill Rain and being accessible and budget friendly at the same time. I personally has no interest and desire to explore any 6 Link Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Setup so it will not be explored in the guide.

So I have no comments other than feel free to experiment if you like :)

Ok, got it. I thought that you've done some testing this league :)

"
kikeuy wrote:

You can´t craft +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems on a bow with +1 and +2.

That's really interesting, can you explain why? I though this mods are three prefixes.
Ok, replacing +2 support with AS, I still got 5.2kk (instead of 2.7kk) per totem.
Moreover, we can get nice prefix+suffixes + helmet with -fire res to nearby. So final dps should be greater.

Seems pretty easy damage increase. Someone have tested similar bow setup?
Last edited by RawDamage on Feb 12, 2021, 1:46:12 PM

When it comes to DPS upgrades, im a little bit lost on where to spend my currency the best. Rings i feel need an upgrade, belt could also be nice so i can socket a taunt and blind jewel.

Apart from that, i have around 22-23ex worth of currency now. I felt like maybe doing another character, but nothing really feels as smooth as this, even with my limited gear :)
"
Hemanse wrote:

When it comes to DPS upgrades, im a little bit lost on where to spend my currency the best. Rings i feel need an upgrade, belt could also be nice so i can socket a taunt and blind jewel.

Apart from that, i have around 22-23ex worth of currency now. I felt like maybe doing another character, but nothing really feels as smooth as this, even with my limited gear :)

A corrupted +2 Frostferno is always a good boost on dps , it can be less or more efficient investing on others things but you can't never mess the build if you upgrade your Frostferno.
Currently Im investigating a replacement for Frostferno , its definetely higher damage , it can be even cheaper but im not sure yet.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
I recently started this build. Been so many leagues playing a totem build and this was definitely the right choice. However, I feel like my dps is quite lacking. Even my pob numbers seem low. This could be a product of not using the program correctly though. Here is my pob, https://pastebin.com/jMCrrmJD , if you have any tips for me in terms of maybe gearing please feel free to suggest anything. I just feel like I've hit a wall and not sure how to break through. I was reading through the thread and it seems like levels are quite important. I feel pretty confident I will be able to push to 95 relatively quickly. My bossing dmg is the real problem. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info